What's new

Reporting from Seattle, A Smoker's Perspective

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
Hey Huli...

You like barbeque? Do you know about Pecos Pit Barbeque in Seattle? Some of the best I've ever had. It's located in the same vicinity of the Mariners ballpark. Very limited hours though...Monday through Friday, 11 am to 3 pm or something like that. Those are sucky hours, but it does speak to the products quality, how many businesses can make a profit being open 20 hours a week? Get ready to stand in line for 10 minutes or so, even on rainy days. And they only have outdoor seating...

jaja I pass that every day and last night for the first time Luna pointed it out to me. But because of the game traffic was crazy over there and I just wanted out. Man they are charging $45 to park now. It was not that long ago it used to be just $25. That sort of blew me away. But yeah, I just seen that place and will have to try it out... Just not on opening day at Safeco.

Mariners are not looking too shabby this year. Maybe legalized marijuana is working for them lol.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
jaja I pass that every day and last night for the first time Luna pointed it out to me. But because of the game traffic was crazy over there and I just wanted out. Man they are charging $45 to park now. It was not that long ago it used to be just $25. That sort of blew me away. But yeah, I just seen that place and will have to try it out... Just not on opening day at Safeco.

plan ahead time-wise, some advance scouting will give you free or affordable parking along one of the 2 light rail lines servicing Safeco field. check w/local businesses for secure affordable game parking.

We'd park along Broadway in Yonkers (free after 6pm) & walk 1/4 mile to the NYC subway line & over to Yankee stadium, the $25 bucks we'd save bought more beer, plus the time & BS we'd save not dealing w/traffic and drunk stadium drivers was priceless.

In Minneapolis many bars nearby the Metrodome allowed us to park for free or $5.00, privately owned buses shuttled us to n' from the dome for the game, folks always tipped the driver. Those bars got plenty of before & after game business to offer this service.

huligun

Veteran
I live in West Seattle and I subscribe to some degree "The West Seattle Blog"

Today I was asked some information on a farmers market there and when I went online to lookup some answers I seen some negative news about it. Terms like shady business in declining town and words to that effect. It looks like some of even our supporters are not happy about the business being in Their Neighborhood.

Now I have been to that place and it is situated in relative close proximity to some other not so pretty businesses like pawn shops, smoke shops, bars and a sex store. I cannot believe the presence of legal marijuana doing this neighborhood any harm.

Now as a favor to me I would like some of you to look at the blog and feel free to comment. I know I will.

http://westseattleblog.com/2011/09/medical-marijuana-farmers-market-for-downtown-white-center

huligun

Veteran
I haven't posted in this thread for awhile so it is time I do.

We are still getting stoned in Seattle, believe it or not.

I just got back from a little trip to Maui and come home to some very nice weather. I have been out, like everyone else, hanging out in the city parks and whatnot. I have two dogs and have to walk them every day. I try to make it an enjoyable experience so we go to nice places that have a nice vibe. What I am seeing is people getting high. They are not walking around crowds with their joint high in the air, but they are smoking pretty much everywhere. They usually find a semi private spot smoke.

Myself, I have a Proto Pipe. It has a lid on the top so it doesn't spill out. I usually keep it packed with hash and hit it pretty much any time I want. I may just turn my back away from a crowd and take a hit. I would never do it if there were any children that could see it, but for the most part I am not that careful.

I rarely hit it while I am actually driving. I think that is asking for trouble.

If I were to advise a stranger visiting Seattle this summer I would suggest you weigh the situation before lighting up. Don't light up in front of kids because that may piss off the parents. Don't light up driving because if you get caught doing that you are fucked. Find a private place under a tree and smoke a joint. If an cop comes your way knock the cherry off and swallow it. Or not. I have not heard of anyone having any hassles for smoking in public yet.

Hempfest is coming and it is going to be twice as large this year as it has ever been. Being seen on TV at Hempfest is not the same stigma this year as it has been in the past. It is legal now motha fuckers, so bite me

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
hola Haligun :)

que tal la pasaron ustedes en hawaii? como estuvo la boda? espero que muy bonita!

paz y salud para ustedes!

Latest posts

Latest posts