What's new

Report indicates legalizing marijuana may be profitable for businesses!

localhero

really unions suck>"???

ive worked in and out of unions and i can say union workers are not lazy. why do you have an issue with people organizing and negotiating fairer wages?

sorry but thats just ignorant to say unions are lazy or un motivated lol. maybe you need to read up on your american history. or have you swallowed that right wing propaganda hook line and sinker? try asking yourself , why are these people so angry with unions? is it because maybe MAYBE the money behind that party comes from the owners?

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
$54 k in california is very doable. In the east bay you'd most likely be looking for awhile to find something you could afford however. Just have a look at craigslist rents for a quick idea of what you'd be paying.

even if you work for big agriculture and only make 54k a year you can do your own side grow at home and supplement your income.

really unions suck>"???

ive worked in and out of unions and i can say union workers are not lazy. why do you have an issue with people organizing and negotiating fairer wages?

sorry but thats just ignorant to say unions are lazy or un motivated lol. maybe you need to read up on your american history. or have you swallowed that right wing propaganda hook line and sinker? try asking yourself , why are these people so angry with unions? is it because maybe MAYBE the money behind that party comes from the owners?
^well they have help ruin the american auto industry

localhero

Union labor helped ruin the auto industry, you mean 10 percent of the cost to manufacture a vehicle destroyed the entire auto industry? Nothing to do with gm and others firing out big giant suvs during a a period of high cost gasoline? You need more back up than that dude. Alls I'm saying is be aware when the people up top are quick to blame organized labor for problems they themselves made. I rtemember seein that in the news about it being "the damn unions" fault. Don't buy it man. We need all the jobs we can keep in america. We barely manufacture anything anymore. The multi national corps have no loyalty to the little guy and view the human aspect of their business as a hiundrance to the bottom line. This is why the line between government and business interests have merged so drastically over the years. If you subscribe to the social contract theory of government, then the job of the gov is to look out for the interests and well being of the people. That's a conflict for big money and business who's sole purpose is the bottom line.

This subject is getting way off the original post so I'm stopping with this. I'm glad that payaso brought this article to my attention. More people need to be aware of what's really behind the legalization prop

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
The estimate is for a wholesale value of $2800 a pound. This may be an indicator that prices will remain relatively close to what they are now, through mass production in the future. The big businesses that will take over production want those high prices. I dont see prices dropping drastically for indoor. Even through legalization come fall.

yea true....hopefully they do that...why flood the market and take a smaller cut when you can pull a play right out of textbook economics 101....bottleneck supply, keep prices high. they do it with gas and basically every other commodity..interestin outlook.

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
The grow operation would produce about 21,100 pounds of medical-grade cannabis per year, about 58 pounds per day on average]

Unless they have some really BIG lights and some really high-yielding strains, I'm guessing they will exceed the 99 plant federal limit. Unless legalization happens, I'd be really surprised if an operation like that could be ignored by the DEA. I could just see the local DEA agents acting like Homer Simpson does with donuts, drool and all.

The grow operation would produce about 21,100 pounds of medical-grade cannabis per year, about 58 pounds per day on average, according to the analysis, with a wholesale price of about $2,800 per pound

they will never get $2800/lb.

trying to figure how they came up with their grow numbers?

5 bldgs, 172,000 sq. feet

160,000 for the grow operation

12,000 for everything else

find some large, off the beaten path, place
with cheap power, water
and design a production line grow

don't do it in the Bay Area $$$$$$$

although there are a lot of large open empty buildings for rent

I predict a time where we will have to grow our own just to get decent weed. I am a genius.
yes, you are

seems as if the quality of weed continues to improve
as the price decreases

a lot better circulation of prime strains
and a lot more growers having at it

...find something you love to do

localhero

im sure they plan on exploiting any business discount on utilities. plus as a straight up business that might even be a write off.

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
seems as if the quality of weed continues to improve
as the price decreases

a lot better circulation of prime strains
and a lot more growers having at it
Yeah, that war on drugs is really working. Our government must be so proud of their accomplishments. And let's not forget the message they're sending to the children.

im sure they plan on exploiting any business discount on utilities. plus as a straight up business that might even be a write off.
yes, it would be,
but it's all part of the cost to grow.

and although it's likely a small expense
relative to the current value of the marijuana
at this time

it will likely become part of the competition
in the not too distant future

if led lights keep improving
perhaps that will be the way to go

california has some dynamite soil

the Santa Clara Valley is legendary

the Santa Cruz Mountains