What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

REPORT: DOJ WANTS BANKS TO CALL POLICE ON CUSTOMERS WITHDRAWING $5,000 OR MORE

ronbo51

Veteran
I've acutally been researching buying some gold recently. You have any preferred websites to buy from? I was looking at http://www.jmbullion.com/gold/.

Or is it better to buy somewhere in person?

buying online is fine. All dealers charge a premium above spot. You want the lowest premiums. Add in shipping, insurance to get the price/ ounce. Some products, like gold and silver eagles carry higher premiums. You will get that premium back if you sell. I usually just go for the lowest premiums on "rounds". Try going to a coin shop or jewelry store in your nearest town and establishing a relationship with a dealer. Don't go for numismatic coins. You just want the most metal for the least price. Buying local gives you invisibility, no paper trail. We have been so fortunate that the price of pm's has been down here at these levels where they are now. I don't believe they will stay here much longer. Silver is in a nice breakout right now. Get stacking.

how much do you guys feel is safe to put in at a time? without getting looked at? Are there any other ways to use cash for paying bills.. ie mortgage?

WelderDan

Veteran
Ha ha, jokes on them. I don't HAVE that much money. Now if we're talking $50, we have a problem...

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
Bank of America just banned cash for paying car loans, mortgage payments, credit cards.
fuck them I quit my account with them a long time ago .. I did all cash transactions.....yeehaw...ya I don't have much money any more to worry about....and when I did I hid most of it in jars and such buried in the woods...only kept enough in bank to keep things rollin...low key

JointOperation

fuck banks. especially bank of America, more like bank of Nigeria. I keep an account with 25.00 in it. I need to pay a few bills, deposit said amount (normally 2-300 max), pay bill and done. granted I pay a 10.00 svc fee now, since I don't have a bull shit 9-5 job and no direct deposit. but its worth it. cash rules, and so do safety deposit boxes :)

banks are trying to outlaw storing cash in safety deposit boxes also.. beware they can also steal from them if they believe its been gained by way of crime.

igrowone

Veteran
banks are trying to outlaw storing cash in safety deposit boxes also.. beware they can also steal from them if they believe its been gained by way of crime.

cash in safety deposit boxes has been prohibited for many years
at least, i remember a BOA attendant mentioning to me cash could not be placed in the box
that was 15 years ago
the enslavement isn't all that new, they just like to 'improve' it from time to time

Green Squall

buying online is fine. All dealers charge a premium above spot. You want the lowest premiums. Add in shipping, insurance to get the price/ ounce. Some products, like gold and silver eagles carry higher premiums. You will get that premium back if you sell. I usually just go for the lowest premiums otn "rounds". Try going to a coin shop or jewelry store in your nearest town and establishing a relationship with a dealer. Don't go for numismatic coins. You just want the most metal for the least price. Buying local gives you invisibility, no paper trail. We have been so fortunate that the price of pm's has been down here at these levels where they are now. I don't believe they will stay here much longer. Silver is in a nice breakout right now. Get stacking.

Is it true that dealers don't have to report sale of American Gold Eagles, but must report to the government about the sale of foreign 1 oz gold coins (Mapleleafs, Krugerands, etc)?

robbiedublu

Is it true that dealers don't have to report sale of American Gold Eagles, but must report to the government about the sale of foreign 1 oz gold coins (Mapleleafs, Krugerands, etc)?

Dude, just go down to your local coin shop or pawn shop. Give them cash, they give you the coins or rounds. Many local shops in my city have american as well as a bunch of different foreign coins. They have no idea who you are nor do they care. Maybe if you're buying 10k worth of gold at once it might be a different story.

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
And it not as well known that small deposits in a bank are also illegal. It is called structuring and they can say you are trying to get around the 5,000 dollar deposit limit. The IRS can seize your bank account and then you have to try to get it back. The US govt has become the enemy of the people. Homeland Security, the IRS, ATF, DEA, I don't trust any of them.

Gold will be hard to spend when the US dollar finally takes a dive. But silver dollars and other coins will be much easier to trade. Lets say your neighbor has chickens and you need eggs, a silver dollar is just easier to spend. But gold is better if you are rich, doesn't weigh as much.

sprinkl

Veteran
In my country you need to pay 21% tax or so when buying PM's. If you don't get that certificate it would be hard to sell, impossible to sell it legally. Selling it in another country would be illegal as well. If they stop you with it they can take it. If you do buy with tax you can't buy it cash and it will be registered.

I've never heard of people not having bank accounts. Paying rent, a house, insurance, gas/electricity without digital money is just impossible here.
As someone else said in this thread, the go-to place won't be anywhere in Europe or the USA... These will be 3rd world soon.

And it not as well known that small deposits in a bank are also illegal. It is called structuring and they can say you are trying to get around the 5,000 dollar deposit limit.

Really? I wondered about this, it would make sense. What if I give my parents $200 cash each month and let them deposit it on my account from their account, they could just be helping me out...

watts

ohms
Veteran
Coin dealers are required to comply with anti-money laundering regulations which require them to obtain the names of all customers engaging in cash transactions above a threshold dollar amount, typically set at $3,000-$5,000. Although this does not require the filing of any additional forms, dealers are required to have the information available, should the IRS request it.

ariston

Good to see that people are realizing the banking system is not "user friendly", so to speak.

Bitcoin is an excellent alternative and nowadays you can find people to exchange it for cash. If such systems and the "non fiat market" grows large enough then people can effectively abolish current slave masters (governments and upper classes).

ariston

Coin dealers are required to comply with anti-money laundering regulations which require them to obtain the names of all customers engaging in cash transactions above a threshold dollar amount, typically set at $3,000-$5,000. Although this does not require the filing of any additional forms, dealers are required to have the information available, should the IRS request it.
This applies to almost all assets which are often exchanged for money (things you can't store your wealth in, like electronics, don't count. You lose out on holding them anyway). All type of asset movement is highly restricted.

In short, it is far from enough to just pay taxes. You are not liable enough to hold your own money, so your slave masters must hold it (and profit at your expense).