What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rental Insurance Needed or Not???

SB.J

I was wondering if rental insurance would cover it if your house caught fire from grow equipment. The plan costs 200 dollars a year and covers around 500,000 worth of damage.

In a medical state (CA). I am going to purchase a couple automatic fire distinguishers anyways but I am wondering if rental insurance is even worth it???

Thanks and please share some advice.

-Prop 215 complaint

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Its so cheap, even without a grow room I still would have it.

I don't see them disqualifying your claim if your house burns down from grow equipment, but you would have to read the fine print, don't trust your agent because they probably haven't read the fine print either.

I have it for my place.

supermanlives

Veteran
good question . definately wanna use ul listed products. if they can find a way to weasel out of paying they will

chief bigsmoke

I was wondering if rental insurance would cover it if your house caught fire from grow equipment. The plan costs 200 dollars a year and covers around 500,000 worth of damage.

In a medical state (CA). I am going to purchase a couple automatic fire distinguishers anyways but I am wondering if rental insurance is even worth it???

Thanks and please share some advice.

-Prop 215 complaint

We have different systems, I'm in Canaduh but here 99% of insurance companies will void your coverage immediately if you are indoor growing. whether its legal or not. I'de advice calling them and making sure. Better safe than sorry. You also might cover your own losses if things go wrong, but your landlords coverage will not cover them for the indoor growing so they will get super screwed.

We ended up getting specialty insurance for medical cannabis. There are plenty of companies in your country that offer sweet specialty coverage.

I hope this was a little bit helpful. Proper insurance is calming to the soul.

Happy growing...