What's new

Rental Grows

A

ak-51

Grow in the a house you own = federal seizure of that property.
I think it's just a balance between propability of bust vs consequences of said bust. In an apartment you may not lose anything, but there's probably a higher chance of being caught for any number of reasons. Although you will have more to lose by growing in a home, you're also probably less likely to get caught, in general.

If the house was mortgaged you would lose what you had paid, but it's not really losing a whole house if the bank owns 90% of it right?

Mr Eckted

Grow in the a house you own = federal seizure of that property.

Growing in a house you own also = no inspections from landlords, and no emergency entries to your place.

Better to not get caught at all in the first place. A house doesn't do you very much good if you're in jail.

Cojito

Although you will have more to lose by growing in a home, you're also probably less likely to get caught, in general.

If the house was mortgaged you would lose what you had paid, but it's not really losing a whole house if the bank owns 90% of it right?

exactly right. maintain a big mortgage on your home and the feds (or anyone really) won't want to take it from you. same with cars, lease, or buy a hooptie.

yeah but the bank will. So you just lost your 10-20% down payment + whatever mortgage payments you made and repairs you did on your home.

badmf

You give them more than just a name dude, dob for instance...

Talking out your ass hurts more than helps on this forum

I ran names and dobs PLUS SS#s no problems came up but there were multiple folks with the same names from each name I ran. Different cities all over the US.
My buddy has a serious record for growing and has never had an issue with that, just credit, they'd rather get paid than worry about anything else I imagine. Try it go run your own name and DOb and see if it comes up and from where. You may be able to quash it or delete the info.

yeah but the bank will. So you just lost your 10-20% down payment + whatever mortgage payments you made and repairs you did on your home.

IMO intentionally renting when you have the opportunity to buy, unless you live in a select few markets where property values are insane (California, for eg) is completely and utterly retarded. Even for a grower. Yes, you could "lose" your 10 percent down and your new furnace should that awful day come. But guess what? You are 100 percent assured to "lose" if you rent, even if you dont get busted. You can grow for three decades without so much as a misdemeanor and you ended up paying some other assholes mortgage your entire life.

Plus, peace of mind is everything in life. Sure, shit can go down in a place you own. But if you're intelligent, work with very few people, and have the electric situation under control, your odds of getting popped are slim to none. This is not so in a rental. So much shit out of your control can go wrong in a rental. In this way, a grower, particularly in a non-med state, should look at a mortgage like he looks at saving for a good attorney, or a security system; it's an investment in your small business security. When you own a home, you are decreasing your odds of "bankrupting" your small business significantly.

Having 25K on hand for bail and a good attorney is an intelligent and necessary way to live your financial life as a grower of scale. Avoiding the utter beauty that is owning your own home as a grower, leasing a car instead ofowning, etc. are, in my humble opinion, drastic overkill. It's like you've already lost the game before you even get caught.

Just my opinion. I'm not right about everything, could be wrong about this...j/ how I prefer to live my life.

Bunz

Most landlords are interested in your credit and if you have a job more then your criminal background.

Utillize stove or dryer outlet
40 amp or 30 amp powerboards
landlord who just wants rent aka the slumlord
Pay your own power bill keep landlord out of loop
offer to fix things yourself to keep the number of visits low

My power bill for a 1 bedroom lol is like between 400 and 500 every two months or so. Been here longer than a year always payed bill on time. The electric company is a business right. THey just want to get payed thats all same as the slumlord . Keep your mouth shut be polite pay everyone and your good

RJ99

Look for a place with a 12 person jacuzzi and central air to cover up the larger than average power bills. I suspect that you may be over analyzing the difficulty you face in renting a house. Lie about your credit and background because frankly not every landlord will check. Have a look at a few places and see how it goes. The landlord wants to take your money so just be clean cut and don't act like the kind of person that stereotypically gets profiled. As long as you have the capacity to pay the rent, pay stubs and such to prove it I don't imagine you'll have too much of a problem. If you get called out on your record just say you're ashamed of the way you used to be but are born again in Jesus Christ, follow with a testimonial about your conversion and pretend like you want bring the person to your mormon temple. That should get them off your case if it even comes up. Best of luck!

personally, my best experience in renting ever, was in renting from a property rental company. They NEVER come by unanounced, ever. They only care about about the money.

Marshall

wow, do people just repeat stuff they read and not do any research?

I speak from EXPERIENCE. NOBODY is going to take your house if you have a big mortgage. The seizing agency has to pay the bank off, then sell the house for a profit.

Do you think LEO is going to pay the bank 200k to pay off the mortgage, just to sit on a house for 6 months, and sell it for 225k?

The bank cant do shit unless you default on the mortgage.

I had two houses searched and busted. They WILL take everything that isnt bolted down as proceeds from drug revenue or evidence.

If you own a house, grow in it and go live in a rental. Nobody will seize the house and no inspections. My rental gets quarterly inspections.

Now if you own the house outright that is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Truth is even if you were not growing in it, it may be subject to seizure.

Assets are seized as PROFITS FROM DRUG SALES, so anything could be subject to seizure.

People really need to know what the hell they are talking about

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Best piece of advice here is to rent from a property rental company. Never rent from someone who is attached to the house, only owns one house, or lives nearby.

Best bet is a landlord who lives a few states away, and has hired a rental company to do the work for them. All they want is a check, and you should definitely make sure you are on time or ahead of your payments.

If anyone asks for my personal info, I move on. No way you're getting fingerprints, bank accounts or anything of the like from me. I provide a credit-report, with my social blocked out. If anyone asks, all I say is that I've had my credit stolen.

At the end of the day, most people are desperate to make their mortgage payments. Very few people own their houses outright. You'll also want to be careful that the house will not be up for sale soon, and that they're up to date on property taxes. If they're not, the sheriff might be putting a sign on your door soon after you move in.

Abja Roots, that is good advice. Any more thoughts on the subject? I'm at the point where I am having trouble finding a suitable rental for an upcoming op and could definitely use any advice I can find here. Good advice from any source is welcome.

Respect bass

dune

Craigs list and a phone, just search for lease to own. and like stated above follow what they say. its not hard just like gambling. Now do you got the full house or just a pair of two's?

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
watch out for sketch neighbors, skinny guys with sleeveless shirts, goatees with fat girlfriends and pittbulls are usually no fun to have near your grow ;)

I know most people prefer houses, but I prefer shitty apartment highrises with concrete floors/walls. Its not hard to arrange life around a yearly fire inspection, 8-12 600watters is very doable in a 2 bedroom apartment without much risk so long as you invest properly in equipment

intotheunknown

Veteran
id say yeah, craigslist and a phone. rent from a private owner, just looking to rent out his house.

meet the person, talk to them, and feel them out. and if you arent feeling it, move on.

a lot of people like that dont run credit checks, nor background checks. they also go off of what the feel about you.

it also helps to find owners hard up for cash, hard up to rent the place out.

and to also aid the situation, drop 3 grand cash in their lap for rent in advance.

pay them on time, every time.

done this several times. they didnt even bother me once for anything.

good luck man.

NedFlanders

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the input.

Where's the harm in shopping around? If one doesn't feel right move on.........

Dankgravy

This thread is half "rent from a private owner" and "rent from a management company." haha.

I don't see why you would want to rent from a private owner. Their stake in that house is huge. That is probably their life investment. Would you want someone fucking up your life investment?

On the other hand property management groups are managing a shitload of property between a few people. They aren't going to be nearly as emotionally invested in the house.

dtfsux

management companies are going to be on top of things as well. My experience is they will schedule routine inspections.

An individual renting out his deceased parents house may not be on top of things, wont know his rights, etc.

It really is a roll of the dice either way. I suggest asking questions and feeling things out.

Latest posts

Latest posts