What's new

Relief of Anxiety and Depression

turbolaser4528

Veteran
Hey everyone ! Been reading a lot about treating anxiety and depression lately, I think I stumbled across some natural remedies for them (can compliment or enhance cannabis for treatment).

I'm going to experiment this week, any advice/insight is greatly appreciated, maybe this can help a lot of people out there who have anxiousness/depression/panic attacks, or who "bug" out when they smoke.

For anxiety, I've read that Picamilon is truly amazing;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picamilon

Also, an amino acid L-theanine looks very promising.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/l-theanine-brain-supplement.html

Lastly, 5-htp is very effective for boosting serotonin levels naturally in the brain, I have been taking it for 7 months now and feel MUCH happier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-htp

There are many other others I am sure :) I would really appreciate if you guys let me know what has worked for you, perhaps combining these 3 will really work wonders ! (I have a feeling it will)

btw, I got off SSRI's with the help of 5-htp and off of benzo's with the use of Kava-Kava, GABA supplements, and with good ol' Mary Jane of course !

Hopefully, It's ok for me to post this here :Bolt:

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Try not to oversleep, get as much sex as possible ( or take care of it yourself), eat alot of fresh fish and avoid too much red meat, drink alot of good clean natural mineral water, play alot of your favorite music anytime you are feeling off center and exercise exercise and exercise some more. A little prayer to the creator asking him to help you and some calm deep breathing will also help you to maintain a good healthy state of mind. :ying:

But above and beyond anything else make sure you are smoking Sweet Tooth if possible! :canabis:

turbolaser4528

Veteran
ohh snap ! Thanks for the info SOTF420, but what if one already does all those things ?!

For me, eating healthy, exercising, prayer, yoga, taking multivitamins, etc. definitely helps me, but a lot of times I will still be feeling depressed or anxious for no reason :dunno:

Maybe I'm a little bi-polar, but 5-htp has definitely made a noticeable difference for me. I think Picamilon and L'theanine will also help a great deal, especially at work, so I'll try them out and post the results !

Who knows, maybe its because I don't have anymore Sweet Tooth left !!!! LOL

:wave:

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think it's definitely the lack of Sweet Tooth in your diet. Take two tokes of the best Sweet Tooth you can get your hands on and call me in the morning if symptoms don't improve. :biggrin:

I actually find growing cannabis eases my anxiety because instead of that horrible fealing that something bad has/is/will happen i worry about getting busted instead :jump:
healthy eating, exercise (mma), yoga and saying bye bye to people that bring me down helps:dance013:
Have you looked at lexapro i have that everyday and has made a serious change to my outlook on life!!!!!!

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah yeah fuck all that lexapro bullshit man seriously, nothing like that made in a lab by big pharma is going to be good for your brain chemistry in the long term.

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Understood, refer to post #4 in this thread. Get off the chemicals man while you still can. ;)

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
thanks for the links, i'll have to check them out.

things that help me are yoga, gardening, eating well (nutritious organic greens especially), exercise,

and the number one thing that always makes me feel well and balanced is spending time with a dog. i don't have a dog right now (can't afford one plus no pets allowed at my apartment), but sometimes i walk my friend's dog. i lived with him for 9 months last year and got really close with the dog. ive never felt more balanced in my life than when we were going on long hour+ walks or hikes daily.

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pet's are absolutely awesome :respect:

Particularly the ones that like to get high too! Puff puff, exhale, woof woof! :biggrin:

Untill i find something natural and as strong as lexapro then i have no choice

With you there on the same boat. I've been taking Lex for the past 5 years, and stopped 7 months ago, because my wife lost her job, & with it, the insurance. Been bummed out bad, & noticed how difficult it is just to accomplish simple tasks. Now that she got another job, the insurance will kick in next month. That said, I'll need to get reevaluated. I think I have depression as a result of being off the prescription for soo long.

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Unfortunately, the un-natural way selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors work (SSRI's) does not really factor in the point where you stop taking it. They want you to keep taking it, and as a result over time you HAVE to keep taking it. Reality is God did not design your mind and body to have this or other chemicals like it wreaking havoc on your brain chemistry.

Like I said before, get off that shit while you still can. Listen to me on this one!

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran
I stopped taking ssri about 2.5 months ago and JUST started feeling normal again... not sure why my Doc didnt tell me about the horrible two month withdrawl:thinking:.

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:yeahthats
100% lexapro is the worst thing i have ever put in my body. made me feel so insane, wait till you try to get off it, holy shit withdrawal was bad.

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
Hey man... save a dog! I can honestly say my German Shorthair literally saved my life after I had heart surgery. The love and positive vibes that she flooded me with along with the amount of exercise that she insisted from me are what nursed me back to life. She recently passed and I am feeling a massive void of late. Agape' ~

harold

get as much sex as possible ( or take care of it yourself)

dont exhaust yourself through too much ejaculation!... it really does cause all kinds of problems im not joking here, especially the ones you mention (depression, anxiety, lack of concerntration, hair loss, lack of erection etc). Excessive release of semen (semen is seen as pure jing) jing = life essence, will literally drain the life out of you, the chinese have known this for years. Semen is full of nutrients and they have to be pulled from somewhere, the reason why the man usually feels sleepy straight after sex he needs to rest to replenish himself, although if the art of making love is performed correctly and both achieve orgasim the healing act of sex can invigorate and literally charge the body, like two batterys feeding each other. If you feel drained after sex this is a bad sign.

ive had anxiety for years, at uni it hit hard, a very low point of my life, some people say the uni years where there best, not for me they weren't. I feel much better now, i just slowly healed myself through not blaming myself and realising that the world is a scarey place and its only natural to feel fear sometimes, especially in this day and age...
We've been fooled into thinking we need to be happy all the time like perpetual clowns, this i believe to be propaganda, we need to experience all kinds of emotions from deepest sadness to ecstacy, this is how you thought processes sail off and learn, mature and gain wisdom. Its not when your happy like a clown all the time, like whats been marketed to us that you become wise. We've been intentionally been fixed into a perpetual state of juvenilism so we dont question reality.

look at anxiety as a stage in personal growth, a maturing/waking up process.

hope this info helps, harry :)

turbolaser4528

Veteran
thanks for the replies !

I hear you on the withdrawal, getting off Zoloft was awful :badday: Xanax, Valium, and Clonazepam weren't much fun either !

SOTF - I know what you're saying man, long term big-pharma medications (SSRI's, Benzo's, etc.) are not a healthy, sustainable method of treatment for anxiety and depression.

However, there are natural alternatives to these medications that can give you almost the same benefits with 0 harmful side effects.

The supplement "Picamilon" works almost the same as the Benzo family, interacting with the same GABAa receptors that produce that "calm, relaxed" feeling.

"One of the supplements that seems to be getting good reviews for treating anxiety is Picamilon (GABA).

Picamilon is a nutritional supplement that was developed in Russia and has Niacin (Vitamin B3) with GABA (Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid). Is an amino acid which is manufactured in the brain and it serves as an inhibitory neurotransmitter. It blocks the transmission from cell to cell of an impulse in the central nervous system.

There are some drugs that have GABA which they use to create relaxing, anti convulsive and anti anxiety effects. It helps relieve anxiety and stimulate secretion of growth hormone which helps body builders.

There are many people that have tried Picamilo and they say that it has worked much better than any drug the doctors have prescribed. People who have suffered anxiety , panic attacks and depression for years have seen a great improvement.

People with social anxiety that have taken Picaminol also say that they feel more courageous and that is one of the best things that they have tried for their SA.

However you must be aware that some things will work for some people and others not, that is why most people try different supplements, medications and herbs.

Other benefits of Picamilon:

It has low toxicity, shows no allergenic or carcinogenic properties. It has been available for 25 years.

Pikamilon can be use to treat and alleviate:

Depression Tiredness and irritability Migraine prevention and treatment Increasing Energy Misuse of Alcohol Anxiety

Also picamilon is harmless, its natural and does not cause secondary effects, however you should always consult with your doctor or physician first. Although picamilon is a natural supplement, if you are already taking some drug medications you might need to choose one or the other to avoid secondary effects, consult with your physician.

As i said above it might not work the same for everybody but results seem to be very positive from most people that have tried. I also encourage you to try a behavioral therapy treatment if you want to completely overcome your social anxiety. Remember that medications and supplements help you deal with the symptoms in the short term, but they do not cure the disorder."

http://hubpages.com/hub/picamilonforsocialanxiety

Its safe, effective, and sustainable. I've read its good to cycle off it every few months to prevent tolerance build up, I should be getting mine in the mail in a few days.

Picamilon will be combined with L-theanine and 5-htp for a synergistic effect on Serotonin, GABA, and Dopamine levels in the affirmative.

L-Theanine:

For hundreds of years, green tea has been enjoyed by the Japanese for its relaxing properties. In fact, it is L-Theanine, an amino acid, found in the tea that gives it its calming effect, despite the large quantity of caffeine that the green tea contains.

So what benefits, besides a general calming influence, does L-Theanine have and does any research support these reported benefits?

Scientific studies show L-Theanine impacts both the nervous and cardiovascular systems to produce a calming effect on one’s mental state, which is why it is often referred to as the "feel good supplement." It has been shown to promote deep muscle relaxation and improve good quality sleep. Scientists have investigated L-Theanine’s effect on brain amino acids and neurotransmitters. In clinical trials, L-Theanine was shown to increase alpha brain waves, which is considered an index of relaxation.

Gamma-amino-butyric acid (GABA) is an inhibitory neurotransmitter and can be considered the brain’s natural sedative. Animal studies have shown that theanine increases GABA and can also increase dopamine levels (a brain chemical with mood-enhancing properties).

In addition, several structure and function claims have been approved by the Food and Drug Administration, which include:

• Reduces stress
• Promotes relaxation without drowsiness
• Eases nervousness due to common every day overwork and fatigue
• Reduces nervous irritability
• Improves learning and concentration
• Heightens mental acuity
• Supports the immune system
• Lowers cholesterol
• Reduces stress and anxiety
• Reduces the negative side effects of caffeine

There was a study done several years ago that showed L-Theanine helped people fall asleep easier and get into REM faster and stay there longer, resulting in a better quality of sleep. The researcher also commented that this was the case even with less total number of sleep hours.

The primary difference between L-Theanine and other anti-stress herbs is that it does not make the user drowsy. So it provides relaxation without tiredness. This may prove useful for those seeking a calming effect, while concurrently being able to continue to be alert and to concentrate. And unlike the majority of amino acids, it may be taken at any time, with or without food.

Perhaps one of the most extensively researched and documented nutritional ingredients, L-Theanine has demonstrated that it is safe and effective in many applications. In Japan it is widely used in many beverages and foods. In 1964, Japan’s Health and Welfare Department approved L-Theanine for unlimited use in all foods, with the exception of infant foods. Taiyo Kagaku Co., Ltd., Japan has been awarded several manufacturing and use patents for Suntheanine, their trademarked name for L-Theanine. The patents cover several applications which include reducing anxiety, suppressing behavioral problems of pets, reducing PMS symptoms, promoting relaxation, etc.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/l-theanine-brain-supplement.html

Last but not least, 5-Htp:

5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP), also known as oxitriptan (INN), is a naturally-occurring amino acid and chemical precursor as well as metabolic intermediate in the biosynthesis of the neurotransmitters serotonin and melatonin from tryptophan.

5-HTP is sold over-the-counter in the United Kingdom, United States and Canada as a dietary supplement for use as an antidepressant, appetite suppressant, and sleep aid, and is also marketed in many European countries for the indication of major depression under trade names like Cincofarm, Levothym, Levotonine, Oxyfan, Telesol, Tript-OH, and Triptum.[1][2] Several double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trials have demonstrated the effectiveness of 5-HTP in the treatment of depression,[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-Hydroxytryptophan

Forgive the long post, figured it'd be easier if I just pasted the info here.

Long story short; effective, safe, natural, and sustainable alternatives to prescription medications for anxiety an depression DO exist, and are readily available if you know where to look.

SWIM (some one I met) will begin this stack as soon as these supplements arrive in the mail (~4-5 days). I'll post the results, which coupled with basics (exercise, water, healthy foods, etc..) will prove very effective, SWIM is almost certain of it, muhaha !

:party:

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great post, drink lots of green tea myself love the stuff and I think it really helps. SWIM is gonna have some right now! ;)

Be well and keep it grapefruity! :canabis:

T

theJointedOne

i agree with sotf420

drink lots of water
eat really healthy
maintain a relationship with friends family and a loved one ( and have sex if possible (whacking off didnt help me though))
smoke kushes and purps (both good for anxiety)
MEDITATE (just focused breathing)

i have been diagnosed with severe panic disorder and sever anxiety disorder. The dr. said id have to be on Zoloft my whole life, dumb ass bitch lol. I really just had to figure out why i was having these problems (for me it was not coming to terms with stuff that happened as a kid, lots of fear stuff)

once i did the above stuff and got a job with a little $ and a routine in life things worked out well.

i hope you have success which ever route you take

Latest posts

Latest posts