What's new

Reliable timer

przcvctm

I've got a C13 with a 250w MH. The inline fan and carbon filter work great but the heavy duty Intermatic Digital Timer that the MH is plugged into seems to have a mind of it's own. There is rarely a correlation between when the light comes on and the settings on the timer. And yes, I can program it to work on smaller CFs so correct programing is not the problem. Please, can someone recommend a good timer? Digital would be preferrable but whatever is consistantly reliable and SAFE.

?

?

Do you have the battery in the back? is there a possibility that you are overloading the circuit with all that on it? I will try to help, i have the intermatic digital timer, and it has done well for me, except when there is a power outtage, and then i have to reset it because, my lamp has to reset itself as well, then i have to program it, and i sometimes forget how i did it, but its getting easier with practice...

hope i
can help...

DD13

przcvctm

If by batteries you mean the ones in the back of the timer, yes, they are in place and keep the correct time and program when the timer is unplugged from the powerstrip. The specs said that it was good up to 1300+watts inductive and 500watts tungston (whatever that means) and I'm just running the 250w MH off of it, the fan runs all the time off the same powerstrip. ( ? ) That is all that is running off of a 15amp circuit.

I dont know then

I dont know then

I dont know what to tell you then, Mine has been working fine, the only other thing i would suggest is to get another timer. I dont know of another good timer to suggest to you..

DD13

full time daddy
Veteran
try replacing the battery may be bad.

if not i just got a cheap one from home help you grow and it works fine

Einsteinguy

Programming timer

Programming timer

Might want to remove batteries and remove from power. This should reset timer.
You will have to reprogram time and date in.
When you program make sure you only prog one on off cycle.
Also make sure you set day of week .Make sure all days are turned on.(Press day untill all days show up) for both on and off setting.
Let me know model of your timer and I can try to give step by step instructions if you need.

Einstein
:wave:

full time daddy
Veteran
Re: Programming timer

Re: Programming timer

Einsteinguy said:
Might want to remove batteries and remove from power. This should reset timer.
You will have to reprogram time and date in.
When you program make sure you only prog one on off cycle.
Also make sure you set day of week .Make sure all days are turned on.(Press day untill all days show up) for both on and off setting.
Let me know model of your timer and I can try to give step by step instructions if you need.

Einstein
:wave:

your right einsteinguy could just be program'd wrong..... it take a good time or 2 to get them right...... that's why i built a 220 time and use a cheap timer for lights.
2168220_timer_done-med.JPG

the only thing i have need a dig for is well nutting. to much to worry about battery going dead haven to reprogram what a pain in the arse!!!!!
for 12 /12 id just get a none dig timer.
if its for water pumps co2 things like that it probly can be done as well with a cycle timer

heres a cheap cycletimer

http://www.hobbytron.net/timersub.html

Cyclic-Timer Kit - Fully Assembled (Special Deal)
UK157X

$18.95

Last edited:

full time daddy
Veteran
no bartender187

no bartender187

i have no clue from the looks and reading it look like one has 2 modes min or hr.
and the other is just a reg cycle timer.
i have not had the chance to play with them but am getting really close to ordering so that i can. and i need one for my water pump.
i want down to the sec's most dig's are for the min'.
all call and talk to some one there and ask for info.

i have been busy with a hundred other things and have not got to that on my list :)

should be fun and way cheaper then a greenair cycletimer..... lol