What's new

relationships and weed

b8man

Veteran
I've had a few relationships with girls who don't smoke at all, but tolerated my hobby. But when there's someone who's even slightly against growing/smoking, then it comes up in arguments a lot more than it should. It's used as leverage against you and that feeling isn't nice.

Now i'm married to a girl who encourages me and my hobby, and it's just the best thing ever! Really, all that stress and worry from growing isn't a hassle if someone has your back.

So i'd say, talk to her about it and see how she reacts. If the best you can hope for is resigned acceptance, then it might be worth moving on and finding someone more supportive. It's worth it.

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
If you seriously want a long-term relationship with this woman, you can't feel like you have to lie about yourself. It's not healthy for you, and it's not fair to her.

I'd say bring it out in the open and see what happens...

R

Rysam

On our first date(blind date) my wife whipped out her own sack-o-schwag ( I pulled out my own green at that point). It was love at first toke.

We've been married for 12 years this year and continue to smoke daily.

dddaver

Veteran
I'm very hesitant to give relationship advice. Everybody is different and only each individual knows their own values and desires in life. That said, INMHO, given your handle (MMJ) and apparent location I assume legality is not a concern.

Your major concern, I think, should be the long term (marriage?) viability here. If this minor thing is a hiccup then some really big things are bound to fester and build in a marriage. I think you should "feel her out" by discussing MMJ and go from there. You might be surprised. If she seems accepting, talk about your own success and attitudes then tell her you use and grow sparingly.

But above all, good communication is most important in a marriage. Your lucky a in that you can use this issue as a jumping off point. But again, I stress, a minor thing like this could is an indicator of future problems but could be used as a tool to let you know how the future looks with her by your side. Good luck. :tiphat:

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
if you feel you cannot talk to her about this...
think of 10 things you want that she does not. dude if you can do that then you'll be moving on for one reason or another

I am sure if this is an issue, then there is potential for other issues that are possibly being over looked because of pussy, be honest, hot pussy is what you like... listening to her views not so much... lol

the perfect girl for me is someone i can share everything with, we may not agree on everything but at least i don't have to be fearful of a wrath... rather live with her disapproval, than hiding from her dark side...

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
i feel for you. having to live a lie turns into a torturous experience.
honesty will be questioned forever should she find out you are hiding something she may disapprove of...makes me shudder to think of it...

tell her, now...before you become any more confused about what it is that matters in a relationship.

since you don't smoke very much...a small part of your life, should be an easy choice if she is that 'hot'.

is this going to make you resentful toward her should you feel her wrath? not healthy. you said something about using a puff to avoid anxiety...imo hiding the fact that you grow and or use cannabis will create anxiety. knowing that she disapproves will cause more than a little anxiety.

good luck picking the winner in this race.

robbiedublu

I think your big problem is not that you smoke or grow but that you haven't mentioned it to her for 2 1/2 years. Not sure how you expect her to get past that.

soil margin

Veteran
Why would you want to spend your life with someone who cant compromise and deal with you smoking a couple times a month?

I can only predict things going downhill.

Fiance enjoys growing as much as I do, but she doesn't toke often. She is a beautiful girl too someone here can attest to that. If you have to hide it get a new one bud.

one Q

Quality
Veteran
Listen to me MMJcali.

you sound very young. You will meet many many ManY women in your life time. Get out of this relationship. Meet a gal that doesnt smoke that much either. But do yourself, your future self a favor and leave this lady asap.

Good luck

EastFortRock

My conservative wife just ignores the weed smoking part of my life . [to me weed is just an herbal drug and I don't need her to be into it] I never had a girlfriend that I "feared the wrath" of for more than 2 weeks. I say stand up to her and tell her to trash can the "wrath" or take off.

Latest posts

Latest posts