What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Regular Seeds and Males, Do they have Stigma?

Week 4

First time growing regular seeds and have a herm/male plant in question. Wondering if it's just a male or if I do have a herm. It was leaf tissue tested as possible female but that the elevated signal , from the tests could be also a male. the stigma at the top has me wondering about it as possible herm. (Week 1 after flip)
PXL_20240205_045525417.jpg

PXL_20240205_044640361.jpg

Last edited:

Week 4

The odd hermie can turn up in anyone's work
I just had another group tell me the same about it just being a male too, I just flipped this a week ago, so yeah, sounds right. The guy who tested my leaf tissue samples did say to watch this one for the slight elevated signal, but that he thought it might be a female. He was wrong. It was a male.

stiff

Veteran
You need a new tissue sampler guy 😂
That's a male indeed. If you would like to pollinate something with it, don't just kill it after taking pollen. Keep it and see if it turns into a hermie afterwards if you have the space and patience

Week 4

You need a new tissue sampler guy 😂
That's a male indeed. If you would like to pollinate something with it, don't just kill it after taking pollen. Keep it and see if it turns into a hermie afterwards if you have the space and patience
Thought about it, but am not in any phenohunts right now, my luck I'd drag the pollen everywhere by accident and have a gang of seeds in all my flowers. I'll get there at some point, super new to the game at just 3.5 years of growing indoor, I couldn't even tell the difference between a hermie and a male till yesterday..

Latest posts

Latest posts