What's new

Refusing Knock & Talk's?

GreenintheThumb

fuck the ticket, bought the ride
Veteran
Okay, well i'd rather not have to take this issue to court. Maybe a good lawyer would get the whole thing thrown out, maybe not.

As I say, you're not ganna find a case where the SOLE reason is a bag of mulch or a camera but you will find these things listed in the court documents.

As far as AC, you can hear most people's AC from the street, or they can go into a neighbors yard (with their permision). I remember someone on OG getting busted and in the documents the cop came by his house once a week for a month and walked up to his front door and smelled around. He'd just come by at like 4am and take a wiff and then leave. In this persons case the warrant said the cop could smell pot 3 times, that his ac was always on when the cop was there, and that he had bags of potting soil in his backyard (the soil was for some obvious outdoor flowers he had on his back deck obviously not anything to do with herb but it was on the warrant). Sorry i can't link you to the documents but this was back on OG.

Now, obviously this cop was up in the guy's yard without a warrant. And if you think the cop's need a warrant to walk into your yard you're kidding yourselves. When I was under investigation i would periodically look through the bllinds of my house and see a dumb ass cop in a marked cruiser pull up to my house with his lights off, park down the street and then walk in front of my house up the street, he would then cut through my backyard and check out the back of my house; do you think he had a warrant? I doubt it! Another time I was grilling out back and a neighbor's dog a few houses over was going APE SHIT. I could also hear small footsteps as the cops were moving through the brush and shit behind my house. They were sniffing around in my neighbors yard (maybe with his permission) so i took what i had off the grill and go inside. I come back outside really fast just to fuck with them and i hear a cop's shit (keys and other "utility" belt stuff) go clunking away as he jets out away from my house. He wanted to get right up underneath one of my windows and see if the herb smell was coming out of my house. At the time i had shitty odor control and you could smell my grow out in the street if i used my attic fan. Anyway, I shut shit down and the cops would still occasionally come by my house and pretty much sniff around. This went on for about 8 months untill i finally said "fuck this they're not ganna give up i better move."

Getting off topic here but anyway...
And you're not coming off as a dick green tea; at least not to me :wink: Sure is a good discussion.

Last edited:

whodi

Veteran
WHat about refusing knock and talks if youy live in apartments or rent a house.. what are your rights if you 'rent' a place?

Police raid wrong house, find pot

Police raid wrong house, find pot

BRIDGEPORT — Even though police raided the wrong house, they still ended up making an arrest.

The raid-gone-wrong Thursday ended on a high note when officers, searching what they thought was a vacant house stumbled on a marijuana-cultivation operation.

Police nabbed the Princeton Street homeowner, Christopher Grillo, after spying several marijuana plants drying in his bedroom, according to the report. Police said they also found a number of marijuana plants growing in pots, along with special lights, fertilizers and chemicals used to grow the plants.

Grillo was charged with cultivation of marijuana, possession of marijuana with intent to sell, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia in a drug factory situation. He was released after posting $5,000 bond.

According to police, they received a tip shortly after 7 a.m. Thursday that youths were spotted entering a vacant house at 59 Princeton St. On arrival, police said officers encountered two teens who admitted they had just left the house.

Police said one of the teens told them there was still one teen inside the house on the third floor.

Officers then entered what they believed was the vacant house, but in fact was the house next door at 71 Princeton St.

Officers went to the third floor where they found mattresses blocking the door, police said. They removed the mattresses and knocked on the door.

A surprised Grillo opened the door, police said, and behind him officers
allegedly saw hanging marijuana plants. Inside the apartment, officers allegedly found 10 other marijuana plants and the cultivation equipment.

http://www.connpost.com/localnews/ci_9653788

EasyBakeIndica said:
BRIDGEPORT — Even though police raided the wrong house, they still ended up making an arrest.

The raid-gone-wrong Thursday ended on a high note when officers, searching what they thought was a vacant house stumbled on a marijuana-cultivation operation.

Police nabbed the Princeton Street homeowner, Christopher Grillo, after spying several marijuana plants drying in his bedroom, according to the report. Police said they also found a number of marijuana plants growing in pots, along with special lights, fertilizers and chemicals used to grow the plants.

Grillo was charged with cultivation of marijuana, possession of marijuana with intent to sell, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia in a drug factory situation. He was released after posting $5,000 bond.

According to police, they received a tip shortly after 7 a.m. Thursday that youths were spotted entering a vacant house at 59 Princeton St. On arrival, police said officers encountered two teens who admitted they had just left the house.

Police said one of the teens told them there was still one teen inside the house on the third floor.

Officers then entered what they believed was the vacant house, but in fact was the house next door at 71 Princeton St.

Officers went to the third floor where they found mattresses blocking the door, police said. They removed the mattresses and knocked on the door.

A surprised Grillo opened the door, police said, and behind him officers
allegedly saw hanging marijuana plants. Inside the apartment, officers allegedly found 10 other marijuana plants and the cultivation equipment.

http://www.connpost.com/localnews/ci_9653788

Am I the only one who thinks this story reeks of shit? What degree of an incompetant asshole watches some kids enter into an abondoned house, leave the house and then end up going in the house next door, which just so happend to be occupied by someone growin the doja?

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
yamaha_1fan said:
How many of you have been involved in a criminal case where search warrants and illegal entry were key components of your defense????

I have. Twice

Cops have 3 ways to enter:
Your permission
A search warrant
Exigent circumstances

Smell is not exigent. They cant just bust in cause they say they smell weed. Destroying evidence is exigent and they may use that.

Wrong. They have to fill out an affidavit. The officer that saw or witnessed the acts, must sign the affidavit, then it must be taken to a judge and he must sign it. Then they have to come back with the warrant and show it to you. The warrant application is several pages and has lots of details like legal description of the property, address, how the building is orientated, what they saw, how they came about it, how many officers, what their position is, what drug experience they have, etc. This takes time. They dont just write " I smell weed"

If you open the door, it gives them the opportunity to lie and force their way in. Theres no physical proof of how it went down. If you dont answer the door, they have to make a decision. "Do I bust down the door and claim I smelled weed?" Then what if they are wrong? What if they bust down the door, noone is home, and they dont find a single gram of weed? Now how the hell do they explain the busted door? Where was this "weed" smell from?

I also find it funny on how people get a knock and talk, give up everything, then want to give advice on warrants and such. Too funny

You HAVE actual knowledge of how things work. Police have .005% of the power you all seem to think they do...

Also EBI has it right. Shut your mouth. Make them do the work. You are not obligated to speak to them OR answer your door even if they know you are home.

Latest posts

Latest posts