What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Refrigerator Bud. Royal kush and Blue Hash. first grow

S

Stonyherbs

Royal kush
picture.php
picture.php

Mikenite69

Veteran
Hey looking good! Ya I just wanted to make sure u weren't watering to run off constantly or watering all the time and keeping the pots wet. When in veg u wanna have wet and dry cycles with promix, ffof and so on. I mean coco u can water all the time but until the roots build a good root system I would also cycle coco.

But good I am glad to hear U aren't keeping them soaked and giving them dry spots so those roots can take off. Looking great by the way keep up the great work u doing great for a first grow.

S

Stonyherbs

Ok i started to train the Royal K. I still have to address the top but its a good start. I think this will be the best way to get more bud for the space provided. I do plan on taking a clone or two from the top.

Whatbi found remarkable is how fast the plant turned to face the lights. Look at the bottom branches in the first two pics. Then look at the next two. The tops have turned up. Chasing that light. This is after 10 hrs.:woohoo:

S

Stonyherbs

Here they are 10 hours later. Notice how the tops are now pointed up facing the lights.

picture.php
picture.php

S

Stonyherbs

Thanks Chefbudz. I am actually getting ready to top the Royal and use them for clones. I will keep training her to fill the space. Gonna do the same with the blue hash.

S

Stonyherbs

Ok. Sunday morning. I took both girls and did some more training on them. I also defoliated them to allow more light on the branches. The plan will be to top both girls and clone the tops.

S

Stonyherbs

Ok its now the next morning after a major training and defoliage. Both girls have recovered very nicely. All the tops are now pointing up and facing the light. Its easy to tell on the Royal where my cola buds will be developing.

Looks mighty perfect n pretty damn good for a first grow.. that blue hash looks
Beautiful. Did u start off the seedlings in that ocean forest? Keep up da good work

S

Stonyherbs

Welcome Dreams4dreamin. I sprouted my seeds in a cup of water. Then i did fill the pot with FFOF. But i made a rather generous pocket of light warrior for the seedling to take hold in. I have since added more ffof to top off the pot. But so far i have been very pleased. I have just started using Microbebrew and kangaroots. My hpoe is that these two will help develop the root system.

I did buy the majority of the ffnutes. But so far i dont see any reason to feed the ladies any thing extra. For now i will keep an eye out and let the girls tell me when they want more nutes.

Thanks for the encouragement. :tiphat:

No problem stony, and im jus givin credit where its due. For a newbie it seems as u know exactly what u are doin. Most ppl jump in and jus fail bkuz they ask for help without first learn and searching for answers first. N it looks as u have done u part in learnin. I am also a newb, and I also have fox farms line up. My soil is a mix tho. I have roots organics as my base. mixed with ocean forest, happy frog, black gold and sum earthworm castings. I will b conductin side by side tests bkuz on sum plants I will run fox farms line vs advance nutrients line vs organic livin soil vs fox farm and advanced nutrients combo. My goal is to find which one is most beneficial in results. & after that I will move into breeding strains. So my hat is off to u, u really have added sum more inspiration to me most definitely. And I am lookin forward to see what else u do ahead. Remember everything starts as a dream, its our job to bring them into reality. B patient & keep dreamin & never forget to chase them.. good luck

S

Stonyherbs

Thats very ambitious dreams! Do u plan on growing the same genetics with the different soils? I am very interested in using my own organic soil. Right now i am just seeing if i can get some good buds.
I am researching a future DWC grow. Just for the knowldge. Plus who knows. I like to keep an open mind.:dance013:

Well i want to follow along with your comparison grow. Looking forward to it.

I have all soils mixed together.. the plants that are bottled fed will jus recieve the mixed soil but my organic soil that I has ben cookin for about 2 in a half month. Made with the mixed soil, with sum added azomite, crab meal, shrimp meal, worm castings, neem meal, mychorrizae, insect frass, worm castings, fulvic and humic acids, blood meal and fish meal. I have seabird guano, jamaican and mexican bat guano that will b top dressed with sum pk organic mix.. it may be sum other ingredients I missed, but thats the recipe.. I plan on making my own teas also but that may not be for a while

S

Stonyherbs

ok its been a while. I hope those of you who celebrate thanksgiving had a nice time. We are now two weeks till Christmas. Busy busy busy.
I will try and post some pics of the girls in the next few days. They are still in veg. I am looking at taking a clone from each. Then i will put the ladies into flower. :dance013:

There was a nutrient issue with the Royal kush. But i think i have it figured out. Turns out that the smart pot is packed with roots and this little lady needs some food. So i started her on the FF nutes i have and she has started to perk up. Will see over the next few days if she continues to respond well. Otherwise i will have to post some pics and get some help.
:joint: