What's new

Refrigerant recovery cylinders

I have no problems using one on a 30# working tank,

How many people need a working tank? Everyone needs a proper storage tank which serves the purpose for most.

I am concerned people will confuse working tanks for proper storage tanks.

Storage tanks are needed for overnight and long term storage.

A6 Grower

Veteran
How many people need a working tank? Everyone needs a proper storage tank which serves the purpose for most.

I am concerned people will confuse working tanks for proper storage tanks.

Storage tanks are needed for overnight and long term storage.

^^^^ THIS... I see all these people on facebook buying these huge 100# tanks and keeping them full with 40lbs long term and it just blows my mind. I could see using one as a working tank and transferring it at the end of every day into the DOT spec 100# or larger tank :) Im thinking thatd be a great Multi unit passive setup. Jacketed 50# tanks with 3 in tri clamp tops. Last run instead of going to the 50# tank it would go back to a giant 400# tank most likely outside. That would need a haskel for final recovery back into storage but passive for runs. Those big tanks have moisture purge fittings at the bottom also :)

turt3l

Clarify for myself..

Clarify for myself..

Since I kinda resparked this one hehe..
I intend only to use it for multiple fronts but never for storage.
I was thinking more of a working tank only, but as well an easy way to utilize this one in the right place it be the one that catches all the water. As well as potentially being in DI/EO. This would be the cold tank during extraction and you could essentially recover while you were extracting 30lb to 30lb, one warm one cold, and then distill back between runs, and utilize the cold tank to capture/empty water more easily and regularly.
But just to double clarify never using for storage ever!
But I have a 30lb on the way, gonna use it in tandom with a manchester 30lb. for the warm tank. Will also have a regular 50# storage tank.
On top of that I could run it really effectively, passively if the active system ever fails.
Thank you for all your guys guidance, you guys that responded are probably some of the most influential ppl in my designs and I have spent many nights reading all the posts, Thanks for responding so quickly and thoughtfully always.
Kind Regards,
turt3l

Latest posts

Latest posts