What's new

Reefer as a cover scent...?

I used to be religious about showering/ scent lock, anti pee out of tree stand, for 5 years with no luck wat so ever. Last year I gave up, came out burning fattys eating beef jerky n chilli with great sucess (mature doe earning me my buck tag,and she was tastey)... any one else have ne luck?

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
Maybe the weed and jerky lured the buck. It sure would lure me in.. Either way congrates on the big buck.. Are you bow?

B

B. Self Reliant

I am religious about working the wind to my advantage, but I don't worry about the scent on my body. I guess I always figured that if deer can smell so well, they'll smell me regardless of how much I spend on cover scents. Plus, I hunt from a 14' stand, so it's not like I'm out there breaking brush and wading through swamps to bag a deer. Being that high off the ground helps quite a bit I think.

Piel

Veteran
Smoke is generally seen as a good way to hide scent but do you really want to handle a gun when stoned? I´d probably fall out of my stand if I tried it -low tolerance :grinch:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
thats why they sell those body harnesses, Piel. if you nod or fall asleep, you can't go too far! LOL! AOH

i went out six times this year with scent blockers and doe piss on me and didn't see a damn thing, till the last day went out and shot a 11 point buck, with no scent help and was smokin a cig when he walked up on me. it's all in the luck

fatbud

yes but in my case i find a good sunny clearing and plant a shitload of bag seed and when deer season starts iput up a blind and the deer come to munch some buds pow i munch them i also burn while i wait . when i get 2 in the freezer iharvest that swag 4 hard timz.

eyedrops

In my expierence a burnin one or two before/whilenever hurt. I figured that it was pretty organic scent and they seem to love my plants.My thoughts on tobacco depending on area the deer mite associate the scent with humans.I dont have to much science backin this up just a high idea mixed with expierence

I hunt close to home, but rarely right on my own property. I'm w/Piel. Getting caught blazin w/a weapon isn't smart. What always works for me is a trick my uncle taught me. Take a cotton ball or small piece of sponge and secure it to the instep of your boot w/a rubber band. Saturate it w/vanilla. I've been told you can also strap a wedge of apple there or ginger root. Walk for a good 45-60 minutes to get to your stand. Where I live and hunt is so heavily populated that deer are used to humans. They walk right up to ya w/their noses to the ground to figure out what that scent is.

cabeza

i never see deer until i fire one up! i where a smoked buckskin coat that i made,wich will stop a deer in its tracks when the wind catches it,they are naturualy curious about smoke and organic smell in general

Latest posts

Latest posts