What's new

Red Bone Coon Hound

Newd

My intent was not to stir shit gentlemen.

With all do respect, I am a mega-dog lover.

Mans best friend, hands down, unconditional loyalty.

I'm sure you know your dog better than anyone, and it's not my place to tell you how to raise it.

Best regards,

Newd

Keep showin us how smart you are officer. The only thing worse than your opinion of Pits, is your pitiful excuse for grow advice. Get the fuck off our boards you pig piece of shit!!

You have posted in another thread that I'm leo; wheres the evidence? Maybe lay off the meth for a while.

The Red Bone is one of the most insane and energetic dogs I have ever had. Worse one of all was a German Short-hair that I kept for about 10 months and finally gave to someone that hunts with them. This dog isn't that bad. But she does LOVE to run. She runs like a deer. You can barely see her feet touch the ground. A site of beauty.

I WANT ONE OF THEM!!! Where can I get one?

Actually the Rhodesian Ridgeback crosss I got from the rescue about 5 weeks ago may have some Pit Bull Terrier in her; the lady from the rescue said she thinks it is Staffordshire Terrier but the vet said it looks like pit bull.
But then again from my knowledge there are different looking pitbulls; someone posted a picture above, couldn't be bothered going back to look, which looks more like an english bulldog with its short stubby legs and it's big wide chest.
And then there are English pit bulls and American pit bull; the american ones are apparently more savage.

Where I live it's illegal to sell or breed them, but they have got around that by advertising them as Am Staff's. I think it's short for American staffordshire terriers.

Newd

Check your facts newd. Pits are no different than ole Red Bone there. Stronger jaws but the same drive. Your dad knows what a coon hound is capable of.

paladin - I'm a long time lurker and big fan of yours.

No disrespect meant.

I learned many things from my father and spent many nights running red bones and blue's.

newd.....what a joke stating something as ridiculous as bred to kill......bred to catch is more like it.....and with all the pit's I've had since 70's most all are extremely lovin' towards people......................but love catchin' hogs...........

Mtn Nectar - I'm not doubting your success with them in the past (70's). Right now, they are bred to kill.

And by bred to kill, I'm talking about gangbangers.

Best regards,

Newd

Originally Posted by paladin420
Check your facts newd. Pits are no different than ole Red Bone there. Stronger jaws but the same drive. Your dad knows what a coon hound is capable of.

I'm sure they both have a strong drive; however drive to do different things.
A sheepdog has a strong drive to herd sheep, but no drive to kill other dogs.

A pitbull has no drive or instincts to herd sheep, but an extremely strong drive to kill other dogs.

If a pitbull is a sooky family pet as people are trying to make out then why do they use pitbulls in dog fights and not labradors?

Newd

Using a dog to run deer is an invitation to a bullet.

Using a dog run puma is canine suicide.

Best regards,

Newd

billycw

Veteran
Pits get such a bad rap because they are often the breed we see in the worst conditions both physicly and mentally. Assholes often get them to get a mean dog and with any pet, you want a mean pet you'll get it. But unlike some breeds, pitties can overcome such abuse and still be crazy sweet. Ask any vet if they would rather work on a pit or a cocker(didn't mean to throw cockers under the bus but have taken my share from them), answer will always be the same(unless you have a cocker:)

huligun-beauty you have there. Looove the hounds in theory just not at my house haha. Everytime we have rescued a hounds they have had lots and lots of energy. Lots of playing and if you can working her would be suggested. Hope you have a big yard, would really do the trick. One of my favorite looking breeds with their big ears.

In Australia they used to have what they called Kangaroo Dogs.
The ones that I saw were built like a greyhound but bigger and more hairier.
But they weren't a breed registered with the kennel club or anything.
I think they originated from greyhounds crossed with scottish deerhounds or wolfhounds and then were inbred from there. Greyhounds have too soft feet and cant handle the Australian heat.
In the early days they didn't have vehicles with spotlights like they have today, and a lot of the land wasn't cleared so the easiest way to catch kangaroos in the bush was with dogs.
My father used to hunt with them when he was a boy and he said people used to advertise them for sale as 'kill and show'; that is the dog would catch a kangaroo and kill it and then come back and lead you to the dead kangaroo.
A lot of the early settlers would have starved if it wasn't for their roo dogs.
Very few around now as most of the land is cleared and people shoot them at night from vehicles with a powerful spotlight which blinds them and they stand their like sitting ducks.
No sport in that but the rednecks love it.
But they were a dog bred to to a job and they did it well but now there is not much need for them so they have pretty much died out.

I saw posted on the internet somewhere someone asking what a kangaroo dog looked like.
I suppose any dog used for catching kangaroos could properly be called a roo dog, because the dogs were named more for the job they did rather than conforming to a set of breed guidlines. So any dog that was used for hunting kangaroos was in essence a roo dog.
However all the ones I saw when I was young all looked the same, built like a greyhound but bigger and hairier; so they were not F1's in pot terminology, but rather inbres lines.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pits get such a bad rap because they are often the breed we see in the worst conditions both physicly and mentally. Assholes often get them to get a mean dog and with any pet, you want a mean pet you'll get it. But unlike some breeds, pitties can overcome such abuse and still be crazy sweet. Ask any vet if they would rather work on a pit or a cocker(didn't mean to throw cockers under the bus but have taken my share from them), answer will always be the same(unless you have a cocker:)

huligun-beauty you have there. Looove the hounds in theory just not at my house haha. Everytime we have rescued a hounds they have had lots and lots of energy. Lots of playing and if you can working her would be suggested. Hope you have a big yard, would really do the trick. One of my favorite looking breeds with their big ears.

I have to put a muzzle on my springer spaniel Alice when we go to the vets, I had Scooby up there twice and she's just as docile as a lamb, btw my vet has owned pitbulls before and loves them, he was quite happy to see me w/Scooby and I used him as a reference in the adoption process.

I came across a site on the web once; I think it was a animal welfare league or something site. But anyway they showed photo's of when they raided a dog fight.
There was this picture of a dog and it was a black dog but it had a white head.
I thought this is strange, I have never seen a black dog with a white head before.
Then on looking closer I saw that it was a black dog with all the skin ripped of it's head, and the white was actually bone, all the skin had been ripped off it's head just leaving dark spots where it's eyes and nose were and the rest was bone.
Would a labrador or a poodle do this to another dog? No. Only a pit bull does that sort of thing. A labrador or poodle if they fight just snap at each other and leave no injuries.
Pit bulls rip other dogs stomachs open and then pull the intestines out.

S

SeaMaiden

I agree, that red bone looks like she could have some Ridgie in her, red wheaten. But her feet... looks like she may have some issues on rough ground. She's thin, but that's probably because of her energy levels. She looks like she's going to be a great dog. But then, I love big dogs, especially dogs with some hunt in 'em, useful dogs like that.

WORST dog for kids I've ever owned, by far, was our Australian shepherd. He just couldn't, and therefore wouldn't, tolerate little humans. He had to be watched closely for the nipping, especially if he decided herding was going to happen NOW.
idk man, lot's of breed have bad raps. pit's are pretty sweet dog's raised with love. our rottie was hands down the most friendliest dog we've ever had.

Nog, i think you fell into the stereotypical dog trap.
I trained my mother's Rottie when I was pregnant with my second boy. The way that dog was with my kids was extraordinary to me, because we'd never had a dog like that before. Adult men trying to approach Harley's kids? WATCH THE FUCK OUT! Woman trying to approach Harley's kids? No problem!

The would climb all over him, they would poke his eyes, pull on his tongue and his dick, and the worst thing that dog ever did was lick the hell out of 'em if they caused him discomfort.

My Ridgie mix, Hazel, is likely part-pittie. I absolutely trust her with my granddaughter, nephew, any young children. Unless she's very happy. The tail gets wagging and she can actually hurt you with it, and kids are about face-high with her tail. It only took a few whaps for my granddaughter to figure out to grab the tail.

Large powerful dogs must be treated like large, powerful horses. Strict training (with respect to personality type!), diligent attention by owners and handlers, and desexing ASAP are all important factors that play into what kind of animal you'll ultimately end up with.

WORST dog for kids I've ever owned, by far, was our Australian shepherd.

Never heard of a dog called an Australian Shepherd. Do you mean a Blue Heeler, also called Cattle Dogs?
Is it blue in colour with maybe some tan on it's paws? Or some are red and called Red Heelers. They're instincts are to nip at the back legs of cattle to get them moving, that's why they are called heelers, and then after they have nipped them they quickly drop flat to the ground to avoid the kick from the cattle.
Some of those can be pretty savage, they tend not to bark before they bite, and often sneak up on you and bite.
They are bred from Dingo's originally.

Oh ok, just googled them. Apparently they are an American breed but called Australian Shepherds for some reason.
Never known them to be used for herding over here, the farmers use Border Collies or Kelpies for rounding up sheep.

Newd

I have a rescue right now. (I've had her for 4 years).

She is a mix of English Shepherd and Collie (I think).

She was tied to a tree with bale twine (no collar) and beaten by a drunk.

I adopted her from the people that rescued her when they moved.

(They literally stole her before they left town).

She was very cautious and would bite strangers, but I saw something in her beautiful eyes and distrustful heart that I just had to nourish.

To this day, she is my best friend and I love her dearly.

My only wish is that she could meet the asshole that beat her, and she could have 2 minutes with him alone.

Best regards,

Newd

S

SeaMaiden

That. Is. INFURIATING. How can people do such things???
Never heard of a dog called an Australian Shepherd. Do you mean a Blue Heeler, also called Cattle Dogs?
Is it blue in colour with maybe some tan on it's paws? Or some are red and called Red Heelers. They're instincts are to nip at the back legs of cattle to get them moving, that's why they are called heelers, and then after they have nipped them they quickly drop flat to the ground to avoid the kick from the cattle.
Some of those can be pretty savage, they tend not to bark before they bite, and often sneak up on you and bite.
They are bred from Dingo's originally.

Oh ok, just googled them. Apparently they are an American breed but called Australian Shepherds for some reason.
Never known them to be used for herding over here, the farmers use Border Collies or Kelpies for rounding up sheep.
No, though they can have blue or red merle coloring. Their size is widely variable, too. Ours was a tri-color, 40lb dog, rough herder, suitable for herding cattle and horses, but not smaller stock. Frimple would herd pretty much just like that, no bark, no warning before a nip.

We call the heelers Queensland Heelers, and our farrier had a blue merle Queenie named Farrier. The farrier could literally have conversations with Farrier, tell him to get a specific tool for shoeing, and damn if the dog didn't go get that exact tool. Often the farrier had doubles or triples of the same tool, but different colors. He could tell Farrier to get the RED HOOF NIPPERS, and the fucking dog did it!

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
paladin - I'm a long time lurker and big fan of yours.

No disrespect meant.

I learned many things from my father and spent many nights running red bones and blue's.

Mtn Nectar - I'm not doubting your success with them in the past (70's). Right now, they are bred to kill.

And by bred to kill, I'm talking about gangbangers.

Best regards,

Newd
not a problem newd. my point is the owner, not breed is the problem.

bangers n bits would be the dog food of choice in my world.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
You have posted in another thread that I'm leo; wheres the evidence? Maybe lay off the meth for a while.

I WANT ONE OF THEM!!! Where can I get one?

Actually the Rhodesian Ridgeback crosss I got from the rescue about 5 weeks ago may have some Pit Bull Terrier in her; the lady from the rescue said she thinks it is Staffordshire Terrier but the vet said it looks like pit bull.
But then again from my knowledge there are different looking pitbulls; someone posted a picture above, couldn't be bothered going back to look, which looks more like an english bulldog with its short stubby legs and it's big wide chest.
And then there are English pit bulls and American pit bull; the american ones are apparently more savage.

Where I live it's illegal to sell or breed them, but they have got around that by advertising them as Am Staff's. I think it's short for American staffordshire terriers.

proof you are LEO? just in the threads and posts that have been binned when you were banned. i need no more proof than leo does.

proof you are a moron? shit dudd we see it with every freakin post

what where Rodiesion Ridgebacks bred for??

sorry again huligun

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
^^^^
Sounds like you should be banned with your constant Cyber Bullying and Trolling.

4. Flaming/Trolling: Flames are posts intended to insult and provoke. Any Member engaging another Member/Moderator or Administrator with gratuitous, insulting and/or threatening behavior will be subject to being banned or placement on site wide ignore.
ICMag encourages civil and respectful discourse between it's members and staff but has to curtail those that attempt to turn an argument into a fight. There is an 'ignore' option in every members control panel who find themselves in a personality conflict with another member.

lets see shall we? my intent is to inform not insult..i.e..'sir; officer'

yes the term 'moron' was wrong and I applogize to the mentally impaired

gratuitous?? Hardly. as soon as you stated that you carry a knife just to stab pit bulls i look for your dumb shit

sorry again huli,do you use the eawhide chew chips for the pup?? mine loves em and it saves shoes ;)

S

SeaMaiden

what where Rodiesion Ridgebacks bred for??

sorry again huligun
Also known as the African lion hound (though some believe they're actually a cur), these dogs were bred to chase and bay African lions.

I have never seen a more athletic dog, and the purebred Ridigies are just amazingly beautiful dogs to my eyes. Especially light wheaten, as my girl is. Their eyes match their coat, she has black skin and with her coat being almost exactly the color of dried weeds, when she's alerting onto something she gets a "lion" kind of look.

Do I get a cookie? I would like a cookie for my prize, please.