What's new

red beard

H

Hazyfontazy

when i was growing up we used to get this strain ,i dont here of it nowadays ,

does it still exist ?

mack 10

Veteran
i too smoked the red beard,lol was in brum around 92 -96 ish, was it jamacan or african? mack

H

Hazyfontazy

i too smoked the red beard,lol was in brum around 92 -96 ish, was it jamacan or african? mack

yeah was from jamaica ,i too smoked it in brum ,was early 80's though ,choices at the time were lambsbread ,redbeard and thai .most of us preferred the red beard over the lambsbread and thai because there weren't as many seeds in it .Then sensemelia came along from Jamaica and no one wanted the redbeard or other strains .we all just wanted the sensi .we never knew what the strain was that was sensi .

i'm wondering if redbeard is still in Jamaica ?

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
redbeard/rooibard is from swaziland south africa but weed gets called what evers selling well at the time .

H

Hazyfontazy

redbeard/rooibard is from swaziland south africa but weed gets called what evers selling well at the time .

stoner memory ,,i knew that all along .cheers for the brain shake :tiphat:.

i wonder why we dont here of it in crosses or do we ?

razer

1 of my favorite strains which i came across by accident. i remember i went uptown to get some weed from my connect some jamaican i knew anyway he was like "yo i got this new shit that came in by mistake I'll give it to you for half price" it looked kinda swag brick type so only got 1/2 a p and spend the rest on White Rhino. suffice to say I wish I bought more it was the best weed I smoked, had a spicy taste to it very nice indeed. I did some research on it from what I understand it takes like 20+ weeks to finish so I think that has to do with it not being mainstream

N

Nondual

Woot! Gotta love South African herb and one of my favorites. I always thought it was Rooi Bart...like that really matters though lol.

oldbootz

Veteran
yes there definitely is a swazi rooibard (red beard). you can get some real nice ones but there are a million variences.

here is one of mine from a while ago: