What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

recommendations for Anxiety/panic attacks?

advice01

Good afternoon

After considering this post for many month I finally feel that I'm ready to look into the medical marijuana options for my anxiety/panic attacks.

I've been struggling with depression and anxiety/panic attacks for many years now. In my early twenties I smoked cannabis quite a bit and this helped, I think. But as I'm getting older life itself and situations in it have developed more frequent attacks. I've been on different medications against depression, mood stabilization and anxiety for just above 10 years now. Since 5-6 years I've had a few puffs on friends joints but this has made me ill, and more then often made my attacks "bubble up a little". But I've heard that Indica should have a good effect against anxiety?.

Could anyone shed some more light on this? I've heard that it there is oil that can be used that has a very low THC level? I'm looking for the medical characteristics here, even though I must say that I miss the feeling of cannabis its not what I'm looking for, I'm simply trying to find ways to help me cope with my day to day life and try to get off these medications that doesn't seem to help.

I'm very grateful for all answers on this topic

Thank you

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I don't know where you are and what kind of access you have to strains. It's easy to forget being spoiled in a legal or medical state where you can choose what strains you want or at least pick them out to grow. That being said I would avoid Sativas or sativa dominant hybrids for the most part. The exception would be maybe some milder hybrids like blue dream or something from the skunk family as they are more forgiving strains with lower THC numbers. You could also try indica dominant hybrids or straight up indicas or afghanis for more of a sedentary couch lock stone. I would encourage you to poke around the boards some more on here and do some more research. This topic as been brought up many times and there are several good threads going over it I'm sure. :yes:

advice01

Thanks for your answer

Well, I'm not from the US and unfortunately from a country that doesn't allow marijuana as a treatment. However, that does not mean I can't look into what options there is. Is there any other forums that you recommend in the search of info? I'm simply looking for what types of treatments there are and what different types ways there are to select from. I'm not after the high, so the THC level doesn't need to be there at all if you ask me, but then again, I know nothing within the area and simply try to find out more, thanks again, love the profile picture hehe

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Thanks for your answer

Well, I'm not from the US and unfortunately from a country that doesn't allow marijuana as a treatment. However, that does not mean I can't look into what options there is. Is there any other forums that you recommend in the search of info? I'm simply looking for what types of treatments there are and what different types ways there are to select from. I'm not after the high, so the THC level doesn't need to be there at all if you ask me, but then again, I know nothing within the area and simply try to find out more, thanks again, love the profile picture hehe

Sorry no, I didn't mean a different forum all together but rather different individual threads here on this forum. If you use the thread search button with some different keywords that you are talking about you will find them.

Here is a good start, https://www.icmag.com/modules/Find_Threads/index.php?stext=anxiety

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
You can try looking into CBD oil which may be legal in your country. I find CBD to be more effective for my anxiety than benzodiazepines like Xanax. I have used it in the past to arrest panic attacks as well. Every person is different, what works for me may not work for you.

advice01

I just read an article that supports what you are saying ReikoX, but then again its hard to know what to believe in. I mean, nowadays you have to take everything you read with a grain of salt, because, how can I trust that its just not speculations from pro-smokers? Don't get me wrong, I just want to be sure that I'm getting solid info hehe.

here is the link though
http://www.anxietysocialnet.com/anxiety-and-medical-marijuana

@who dat is, thanks for the help bud. Ill look into it
@ReikoX, is CBD oil still considered to be an marijuana product? Where do you find it? Do you know where I can find more info about it?

Thanks

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I have seen it for sale in the US at various head shops. Most of it is derived from hemp. You will have to search the Web for info about the legalities and availability where you live.

Forget CBD its a load of bollocks that does sweet fa for anxiety imo all it does is counter the THC which can cause anxiety stopping you from getting high so no anxiety but also no high . If you are anxious without having a toke it will do nothing imo (snake oil) don,t believe the hype

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Forget CBD its a load of bollocks that does sweet fa for anxiety imo all it does is counter the THC which can cause anxiety stopping you from getting high so no anxiety but also no high . If you are anxious without having a toke it will do nothing imo (snake oil) don,t believe the hype

He said he doesn't care about getting high or how strong the weed is, only about reducing or getting rid of anxiety. :2cents:

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

Hype or not, it works for me better than Valium, Xanax, and Klonopine IME. I've suffered severe anxiety and panic attacks for most of my life.

If its not about getting high then you may want to look into magnesium supplements and vitamin D

I would add to that fish oil and vitamin E for mood stabilization.

He said he doesn't care about getting high or how strong the weed is, only about reducing or getting rid of anxiety. :2cents:
Yes and if you read my post my point was that it only stops anxiety caused by the THC when toking its totally useless for every day anxiety imo and experience

advice01

I've been reading into this online since I made the post. I've found a lot of info on this and I just ordered 100ML of CBD oil 5%.

@ReikoX, how do you dosage? Different sites tell different tales..
And yes, this is not about getting high. It's about finding some relief from the anxiety and panic attacks I have. So thanks for clarifying this ReikoX heh.
I will call my doctor tomorrow to consult but since its legal and considered a "health food" (not certain that about that translation) I will just check so it doesn't interfere in any ways with the medication I take against my anxiety/panic attack. Have you been told anything about this oil, should I think about something? Like not mixing with alcohol and such

Thanks again

M

mugenbao

Yes and if you read my post my point was that it only stops anxiety caused by the THC when toking its totally useless for every day anxiety imo and experience

"Everyone generalizes from one example. At least, I do."
-- Vlad Taltos (Issola, Steven Brust)

Sorry to hear that it doesn't work for you. It works for me. I've been dealing with anxiety for almost three decades now, and have tried quite a number of things in that time. CBD is one of the few compounds that reliably works for me without adverse side effects. It doesn't completely remove anxiety, but it can noticeably lesson it. And that has absolutely nothing to do with countering THC.

For me, it's just one of the tools in the toolbox, and I'm glad to have it.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I've been reading into this online since I made the post. I've found a lot of info on this and I just ordered 100ML of CBD oil 5%.

@ReikoX, how do you dosage? Different sites tell different tales..

Thanks again

For me I smoke an 8% CBD 8%THC strain for immediate relief, but I'm a medical patient and use THC as well. I swear by fish oil and vitamin E for mood stabilization. Talking to your doctor is a good idea. Good luck and I hope you can find some relief.

advice01

"Everyone generalizes from one example. At least, I do."
-- Vlad Taltos (Issola, Steven Brust)

Sorry to hear that it doesn't work for you. It works for me. I've been dealing with anxiety for almost three decades now, and have tried quite a number of things in that time. CBD is one of the few compounds that reliably works for me without adverse side effects. It doesn't completely remove anxiety, but it can noticeably lesson it. And that has absolutely nothing to do with countering THC.

For me, it's just one of the tools in the toolbox, and I'm glad to have it.

I hope that it will help me as well, How do you take yours? Is vaping a good option or simply the oil?

@mugenbao, Since you have 20 more years with anxiety then I do, could you share what tools you use? I mean, what works for you?

@reikoX, you just take fish oil and vitamin E each morning? :)

Have anyone heard about the strain Charlotte's web? it's very high in CBD and very low in THC, can you buy seeds for it or does anyone know any other strain that you can grow thats close to 0 in THC and thats smokeable?

regards

Croissant

Chief mera has some CBCd seeds strains worth looking into. Also idk if you can find them online but the strain deep chunk is incredible for anxiety and panic attacks

Latest posts

Latest posts