What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Recommendation for simple vape for user with high standards

sajesak

Hey there. I read through the history and didn't find any recommendation threads that addressed my question, so thanks in advance for tolerating another what to buy thread.

I am looking for a vaporizer for my wife. Currently she piggybacks off of my Firewood7 and Firewood9, and she likes them both, but only after I clean, load, and take the first drag so they are well-maintained and already warmed up. Basically she appreciates the high quality delivery from them but has ZERO interest in learning a device or even why some hits she takes are more appealing to her than others. The only other device I have is a Toad, which is even more reliant on a purposeful user for a good experience.

I don't mind sharing with her, but I wonder if she'd appreciate and better learn from a device that had more finess-able temperature settings. She has never cared about a device being beautiful, unique, or artistic. She doesn't need a particularly big hit - I think she'd prefer a consistent experience. And she doesn't care about flavor - she doesn't particularly like the taste of weed (but also doesn't want a mouth full of smoke).

Any ideas for a good entry-level, easy-to-use vape for her? I don't mind spending money on the gift, but I also think she might just be a better fit for a basic device that displays temperature and is minimally fussy.

Reactions: Gry

sajesak

Hey there. I read through the history and didn't find any recommendation threads that addressed my question, so thanks in advance for tolerating another what to buy thread.

I am looking for a vaporizer for my wife. Currently she piggybacks off of my Firewood7 and Firewood9, and she likes them both, but only after I clean, load, and take the first drag so they are well-maintained and already warmed up. Basically she appreciates the high quality delivery from them but has ZERO interest in learning a device or even why some hits she takes are more appealing to her than others. The only other device I have is a Toad, which is even more reliant on a purposeful user for a good experience.

I don't mind sharing with her, but I wonder if she'd appreciate and better learn from a device that had more finess-able temperature settings. She has never cared about a device being beautiful, unique, or artistic. She doesn't need a particularly big hit - I think she'd prefer a consistent experience with CRYSTAL PRO MAX. And she doesn't care about flavor - she doesn't particularly like the taste of weed (but also doesn't want a mouth full of smoke).

Any ideas for a good entry-level, easy-to-use vape for her? I don't mind spending money on the gift, but I also think she might just be a better fit for a basic device that displays temperature and is minimally fussy.
Thanks for your consideration.

plutiot

Personally i like mobility, so a migthy vape, the little brother of the volcano, but i am really outdated, and i like my migthy, it does the trick for me, but ill spy on this post just to see whats the freshest trend lol

Swamp Thang

Veteran
I bought the following dry herb vaporizers, and they are all dead in the water EXCEPT for one, whose name I will reveal at the end of my rant. I spent $200 on a Cloudius Hydrology 9 high-tech vaporizer with a space-age polished aluminum finish and a built-in water-cooling chamber.

Shortly after I began to use the Hyrdology 9 I received a warranty replacement from Cloudius when the device began to leak water into the combustion chamber. On impulse, I also splurged on a $150 Focus Vape Adventurer because that model also featured a built-in water bubbler. All three of those pricey vapes are dead as doornails but wait, there's more.

Finally, I bought an Airizer Solo 1 for $200 new which was my favorite to bubble through a glass percolator, and since the Airizer worked so well, I bought TWO Airizer Air vapes, each for $100. After 3 years and all that money down the drain, the ONLY vape still running is one of the two Airizer Airs while the second one also died. In short, you have a 50% chance of using an Airizer Air for years on end, and so at the price of $106 new, I would recommend that simple yet rugged vape.

1707228882610.jpeg

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I use a Volcano hybrid. I have a Mighty but the charger cord got messed up and it can’t charge. It was too small anyways. My Volcano is a one hit device to me anyways because I vape for the terps and use the ABV for butter. 420*F for about 10-15 seconds, turn on the fan and power hit with the whip.

The whip tube doesn’t get brown and nasty because the oils aren’t shedding yet. The terps coming off the one hit keep the tube and my lungs clean. Something sheds toward the end of a big hit that I don’t like, maybe the chlorophyl from the green colored flower. I can’t see how the people who make videos of them vaping out a huge cloud of smoke can stand it.

Each dose is about a gram, or a joints worth. I get a lot higher with the joint, but inhaling the oils is hard on my lungs as the oils make them sticky inside. Vaping cLeans them out it seems.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac

I have a lot of vapes and these are by far the best bang for buck.
Excellent in all categories I recommend it highly.

Legalcdn

I also had an Airizer Air. It lasted 1.5yrs. I bought the solo and it has been used daily for 3 years without issue. I will be purchasing the solo 2 (old now) at 420 time frame. There is a add-on zeus ice attachment if you want a cooler blast.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
I also had an Airizer Air. It lasted 1.5yrs. I bought the solo and it has been used daily for 3 years without issue. I will be purchasing the solo 2 (old now) at 420 time frame. There is a add-on zeus ice attachment if you want a cooler blast.
I still have my og solo but the screen on my solo 2 broke within a month twice.

I don't mind sharing with her, but I wonder if she'd appreciate and better learn from a device that had more finess-able temperature settings. She has never cared about a device being beautiful, unique, or artistic. She doesn't need a particularly big hit - I think she'd prefer a consistent experience. And she doesn't care about flavor - she doesn't particularly like the taste of weed (but also doesn't want a mouth full of smoke).

look at potv one or potv lobo both decent, simple to use and good value✌️

Just got my Venty and it's a significant upgrade over the Mighty+. It's compatible with the same dosing capsules I use in the Mighty+ and while it used to take me about 15 minutes to finish a capsule with the Mighty+, with the Venty it takes about 8 minutes. It's expensive, probably overpriced, possibly not the best-looking vaporizer ever made, but I'm very impressed and very glad I got it.

Edit: Just got the dreaded E04 error message and my Venty appears to be dead. I don't recommend the Venty.

Last edited:

BudToaster

Veteran
@sajesak - my spouse is a joint and ziti kind of girl, but switched to vaping (for the most part). my all glass vape is too me for her to deal with and has tried a number of vapes: airizer solo2 and air and three different pax - i spend 30 minutes cleaning a model one pax to resurrect from total neglect. juice ain't worth the squeeze. she recently got the mighty+ and likes and deals with it all by herself. i tried it. very nice. i got higher than normal - she was running it hotter than i use mine. but very good buzz. not harsh or hot.

have you picked anything for her yet?

correction: she has the original mighty, not the plus, she couldn't justify the extra $150 on an unknown.

Last edited:

Antonino98

I've been using the RAZ TN9000, which I found on this website. It's straightforward, with easy-to-adjust temperature settings that provide a consistent experience without the fuss. My favorite flavor to use with it is Cool Mint because it's refreshing and doesn't leave a strong aftertaste, which sounds like it might align with your wife's preferences for not having a mouth full of smoke or a strong weed taste. The RAZ TN9000 is user-friendly for those who prefer a more straightforward approach to vaping, focusing on consistency and ease of use rather than requiring a deep understanding of the device.

Last edited:

sajesak

I use a Volcano hybrid. I have a Mighty but the charger cord got messed up and it can’t charge. It was too small anyways. My Volcano is a one hit device to me anyways because I vape for the terps and use the ABV for butter. 420*F for about 10-15 seconds, turn on the fan and power hit with the whip.

The whip tube doesn’t get brown and nasty because the oils aren’t shedding yet. The terps coming off the one hit keep the tube and my lungs clean. Something sheds toward the end of a big hit that I don’t like, maybe the chlorophyl from the green colored flower. I can’t see how the people who make videos of them vaping out a huge cloud of smoke can stand it.

Each dose is about a gram, or a joints worth. I get a lot higher with the joint, but inhaling the oils is hard on my lungs as the oils make them sticky inside. Vaping cLeans them out it seems check out Online vape store in Canada.
thank you so much for your suggestion

limegreenlimey

I'd be mindful of the ways of women here. Maybe what she likes is the sharing of your vape? It's something she is doing with you, and with you dealing with all the cleaning and loading of it, it's also something you are doing for her. When you get her her own vape, it's no longer a shared experience, nor you doing her a service: it's just something else you have bought her