What's new

Recommend a good fogger or mister for indoor?

dramamine

The big ones are overkill and seem like a bad idea for smaller rooms. Are there any well built handheld units? Thanks for any tips.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Yes, you can use DR Doom pythium fogger. Just take a razor blade and cut the trigger holder off and use it as a hand sprayer. It's real easy to do and the fog is safe compared to the big foggers.

Ca++

What market zone do you live in?
You might want to look up covid foggers. It's just a keyword, used in a booming fogger market, that just collapsed. Sizes from keyboard or car, to industrial spaces. Some are sprayers, others ultrasonic. Consider what you will be spraying.

I have had some good spray guns that you might use on a garden fence. Look like air guns you find in a paint shop, but plastic tank, and a power cord. Available from many tool/diy shops

dramamine

What market zone do you live in?
You might want to look up covid foggers. It's just a keyword, used in a booming fogger market, that just collapsed. Sizes from keyboard or car, to industrial spaces. Some are sprayers, others ultrasonic. Consider what you will be spraying.

I have had some good spray guns that you might use on a garden fence. Look like air guns you find in a paint shop, but plastic tank, and a power cord. Available from many tool/diy shops
I'm in the US.

I see those smaller units for cheap, but I really loathe buying equipment that fails a few months in. Idea is to get better and faster plant coverage than I can with the pump type sprayers, which also tend to fall apart in fairly short order and leave more liquid on the floor than on the plants. It's for IPM treatments and maybe a bit of foliar feeding.

It may be that the only solidly made foggers are the big boys designed for field use. Those would clearly be just too much for my smaller rooms.

Rechargeable equipment seems to fail more times than not, so corded is probably the way to go.

Thanks for the response.

Ca++

Something like this then perhaps?

My first one was great. Cheapest I could find, and made a mist the fans took around the room. It found water much easier to shift than paint. However if unused for a few months, with water in the mechanism, it would rust a bit. It wasn't quite stainless, so needed a service. There was no o-ring, just a bar in a very well fitting cylinder. The bar was a solenoid, so no motor to fail. Just like an aerator. So it was just the very front end could block. Dirt in the nozzle and such, but it was very rare. Metal parts for such duty as paint, not plastic.

I needed a second one, but the first was out of stock. I got a fancy one, but it was useless. Broken almost. Perhaps it simply was, but it went back.

I have long since lost it, but I think this was mine. UK market though
iu

Despite that storage issue, I would have one again. In a 3x4m room, you could put it behind a stand fan, and watch most of the room get covered. Any more atomised, and you would need a mask. Just a small tank, would go a long way. I can't rate that one highly enough, except having to dry it before longer storage times. Plus the noise, but I'm overly fussy about noise.

dramamine

That sounds like a good bet then. I saw those, but wasn't sure how they'd translate to water based sprays. So it's just a matter of disassembling it between uses and probably storing it in a low humidity area then?
Par for the course that something with a non-gardening designation holds up better than stuff designed for such.
You're very good with this stuff and I've learned a lot from your posts around here. Much appreciated.

Ca++

That sounds like a good bet then. I saw those, but wasn't sure how they'd translate to water based sprays. So it's just a matter of disassembling it between uses and probably storing it in a low humidity area then?
Par for the course that something with a non-gardening designation holds up better than stuff designed for such.
You're very good with this stuff and I've learned a lot from your posts around here. Much appreciated.
The bit that goes back n forth, was a bar perhaps 5mm thick and 60mm long. It was stainless, and it's bearing a more bronze looking colour. Like a sleeve it sat in. I think the stainless wasn't great. We didn't have scheduled use, just use when there was a problem. It could sit over 6 months. After which it would be mildly rusted in place. I serviced it a few times. Pulling it out with some force, and the brown would wipe away with a scotch pad (green plastic scouring thing).

Used regularly, as you plan, I don't see corrosion having chance. It's a moving part. Back n forth 60 times a second. It's self cleaning until you put it away wet for months. In all fairness, I should of taken that car out when storing it long term. That's not in the guidance notes, but a lot better than having to empty the kitchen cupboard for a dish sponge.

The little funnel is a viscosity cup. If your paint takes a while to pass through, it needs thinning. There was no minimum pass time. Indicating water like fluid is fine. There was some adjustment above the handle for getting the exact spray you wanted.

If you buy from a shop, over the net, then most countries have distance buying rules. Basically if you buy without seeing it, you can return it unused. Amazon might be a good choice in this case. Or perhaps you could do an image search on the one I had, to see if you get them with different branding to us.

Happy to help bud. My other option was cutting the hedge. I should be thanking you! :)

Hiddenjems

I use a homemade fogger setup to bring up my humidity in the winter. It’s just outdoor misters and a high pressure booster pump.

I suppose you could fill it up with anything and cover the whole area in fog in less than a minute. Total aerosol spray coverage of the whole space.

Ca++

What parts you using Hiddenjems?
Decent atomisation takes a bit of pressure. Numbers not usually seen in a grow room.
I read some numbers while looking at the airless sprayers, which were so far from my expectations, I'm not going to repeat them. Diesel pump numbers.

My gun is listed at 70w and I have seen 50w. However most seem to be 500w or more. Enough to spray butter..

dramamine

What parts you using Hiddenjems?
Decent atomisation takes a bit of pressure. Numbers not usually seen in a grow room.
I read some numbers while looking at the airless sprayers, which were so far from my expectations, I'm not going to repeat them. Diesel pump numbers.

My gun is listed at 70w and I have seen 50w. However most seem to be 500w or more. Enough to spray butter..
Speaking of...

Ca++

It sprays chocolate? lol
I presume it's melted, but still..
120w in the specs, but 500w in the video. 90db is lawn mower loud. I reckon 500w seems possible, and so does white finger from the vibration.
I would stick with the cheap stuff. Water is easy, and trying to hard is just noisy and expensive.
Home Depot and Lowes won't load with my EU IP. So I can't find much beyond the Amazon stuff, that seems like it's still too big. I do see some of the more common stuff like Wagner offer spares, which might be useful.

@Hiddenjems Thanks for that. I didn't realise a typical 50psi mains would supply misters. They are mostly talking about cooling not watering to, so most be alright. Even without the particularly good pump.

Hiddenjems

It sprays chocolate? lol
I presume it's melted, but still..
120w in the specs, but 500w in the video. 90db is lawn mower loud. I reckon 500w seems possible, and so does white finger from the vibration.
I would stick with the cheap stuff. Water is easy, and trying to hard is just noisy and expensive.
Home Depot and Lowes won't load with my EU IP. So I can't find much beyond the Amazon stuff, that seems like it's still too big. I do see some of the more common stuff like Wagner offer spares, which might be useful.

@Hiddenjems Thanks for that. I didn't realise a typical 50psi mains would supply misters. They are mostly talking about cooling not watering to, so most be alright. Even without the particularly good pump.
I’ve always run them with a pump and distilled water. But I remember these sprayers being everywhere on people’s outdoor areas in the southwest desert states. Pretty sure they ran them off a regular outdoor water spigot.

sublingual

Damn. I was hoping to see someone with a current $30 fogger review :)
If there is a demand I can review a fogger later today. I just bought a $80 battery powered sprayer/fogger. I need to spray some weeds in the yard today or the association will fine me. I was going to test out the fogger function too and plan to use it in the tents whenever needed.

sublingual

The Ryobi One sprayer works as advertised. It says it will spray 20 ft. and it does about that range. Got to watch out for the wind if spraying outdoors or it will come back at you.
Maybe the only drawback is the half liter canister for liquid. You will go through it fast on spray mode. One charge gives 200 tankfulls.
I don't know how long a tank will last on fog mode as I have been trying to kill weeds. It seems like a well-made unit. I already had the batteries and charger is why I went with just buying the tool.