What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Recirculating dwc.....

Wow those are some huge plants. I have seen your grows before at og.You have a great setup. I am also using dwc but they are 8 seperate buckets.My next run I will have a recirc. system that I am building now.
Blazeoneup what is your average yeild per plant in these style buckets?
Thanks

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Well its my first run with a proper dwc,I have only grown dwc one time before single buckets,And it was years ago,So i really dont have an average yet,But i will be running it for a while more than likely...

I will get a minimum of 3 oz per plant,And up to 12 oz i would say,I have not harvest any from this system yet so i wont know for sure for another 45-50 days!

relic2779

I run just straight bubbling buckets with good results. With these ebb and flow, & Drip buckets, are they comparable? Are the yeilds that much more larger to switch? bubblers are the only thing I've ever known... but improvement is always a must! Your grow is awesome man.

relic2779 said:
I run just straight bubbling buckets with good results. With these ebb and flow, & Drip buckets, are they comparable? Are the yeilds that much more larger to switch? bubblers are the only thing I've ever known... but improvement is always a must! Your grow is awesome man.

I dont think there is much difference in the yeilds. The major difference is the maitnence is much less w/ recirc,dwc,ebb and flow buckets etc.. I have 8 seperated dwc buckets just in flower not counting what is in veg and the maintence is crazy. I cant wait to have a recirc. system :)

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Hell it would only cost 150$ to make it a recirculating system,And for the difference in labor it is well worth it!

racketeer

Hey blaze - what are you using for recirc? Are you using drip emitters/manifold or just a water pump and some kind of splitter to run the lines?

I'm using the manifold, something similar to this right now
pr-Irrigation-Orbit_DripMaster_Adjustable_Quad_Manifold_61006-resized200.jpg

But it only has 8 output lines and I'm running 12 buckets per system.
They work great though, just need 4 more out lines per manifold or find some way to split the lines into 12 straight from the water pump.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I to a piece of pvc pipe and hooked a t in the middle put 2 end caps on it and used grommets and 1/4 inch lines ran from the pvc pipe,Which i have 2 275gph pumps hooked to the pvc pipe,Ran from my controller!

racketeer

Sounds awesome blaze, thanks for the reply. When you get some free time think you could post up some pics of it for me? Thanks chief.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Here is a picture of the way i done it!

Im going to build another one like it in the next couple days 9 buckets with controller res and float valve,All the same!

I think im going to make another good how to on it!

racketeer

Great stuff, thanks for the quick pics bro, you're the man!

Gonna try to see if I've got it all right:
Pump connects to the PVC and caps on end for the pressure,
then you have 1/4" grommets and just insert the tubing straight in the PVC and out to the buckets?

Those grommets avail at home depot or are they special order? Thanks, sorry for all the q's.

Plant growth is looking sick bro, you should get about 5oz per if not more, those are some nice monsters :D

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Guys this thread is older than 3 people.I have pics of the harvest some where in my gallery thanks for the compliments lol....

Latest posts

Latest posts