What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RECALLED: EUROLUX, MAXIBRIGHT, SUNMASTER Ballasts!!

Evening all. Just came across a page from trading standards stating that Venture Lighting has issued a recall on these ballasts, here is a quote from them:

Venture Lighting Europe Ltd would like to make the following announcement.

A potential shock hazard can be caused by faulty reflectors when used with a specific batch of ballasts. This only presents a concern with a faulty reflector and although only some ballasts could be effected, as a responsible company we have decided to recall all units, within the serial number batch as detailed below, for our internal inspection and to offer new product replacements.

serialno1.JPG

serialno2.JPG

As luck would have it I've just bought one that falls into the recall category :rolleyes: think I'll probably keep it though tbh.

So what does everyone make of this?

PS. Wasn't sure where to post this so please move it if it's in the wrong place.

LT

Heusinomics

Back in the day, iv had lights that would send a little shock to the hood.
Verry dull, like a static spark, but you could hold the unit and feel a soft sorta "fuzzy" feel of a low power shock.
Had to rewire them myself and (properly GROUND) the reflector, which solved the prob.

Sorry u hav to deal w this hassle. My recamedation is to jst take it in and get the upgrade/replacement. Shock is tolerable, but a FIRE RISK is a totally dif story. So dep on your sitch it might give peace of mind.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If it's recalled - you should send it back. Not worth having your spot burn down...

dank.Frank

Hmm, I was planning on running it vert so would taking the reflector out of the equation not make any difference? That was my thinking anyway, correct me if i'm wrong and i'll send it back.

LT

Latest posts

Latest posts