What's new

REALSTYLES DIY CXB3590 TUTORIAL

Firebrand

That's not a deal the heat sink I bought was $80 from heat sink USA and it's 10"x24"
You paid $82.08 for a 24" x 10".

Where as RapidLED offers as-is a 5.9" x 10" Aluminum Heat Sink for
$16.00

4 X$16.00 is $64.00 and only slightly smaller, also, they can be purchased individually and they are in effect modular, which allows the builder on a budget the advantage of increasing his set up a little at a time. While this might not seem like value to you, it does seem like value to me, and I would think that others would agree.

No link. i kept searching ebay for the size heatsinks i was looking for. I ended up purchasing a 12 x 31 piece and sawing it pretty much in half. plain old chop saw worked fine.

the sink had a bunch of holes in it but nil effect. In fact the pre drilled holes were useful for hanging a uvb and threading wires.

i showed it to supra before pulling trigger.
Supra told me it was good for about 225w passive.

Let me know if you want the exact vendor i used.

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
Awesome thread Realstyles, just read through from the beginning. Wish you had done this a year ago, would have saved me some $$$ :biggrin: :tiphat:

Satori buds at 8 weeks under cree cxb3070@60W. Really massive buds...

Attachments

• IMG10108.jpg
    IMG10108.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 25

klx

It focuses the light toward the plant than bouncing off the walls.

And this gives you at least 10% more light to the plants to make up for the loss of having to go through the glass?

With HPS it is always a trade off with the glass on an air cooled hood meaning less light but also less heat and avoid the glass if you can. Just seems strange to add glass if there is no heat issue.

Great lights you have nonetheless and you may have converted me for my next light!

yes, reg seeds ! Never grown it before, i choped one a few days ago, really ripe at 8 weeks, i will test it soon. :biggrin:

your plant looks great. Ive heard the best stuff about Satori.

Def wanna hear about the smoke.

Adding a little relevance: Ive got the glass lenses that come with the optic. my room has luxe light levels. i only use the lenses when the plant canopy isnt very even. Bare cob for the higher parts, and lenses for lower places in the canopy.

getting some nice buds.

Def wanna hear about the smoke.

Hey, Neverforget !

I sampled the satori i chopped and smoked some spliffs. At first the taste is new, not so good but not bad, and the smoke is soft, not harsh like critical + for instance. After the half of the joint i feel calm, with the eyes half closed but with no sleepiness. No paranoia, just relaxed. It's not very strong but an interesting effect, it can be good for day and night as it's not racy ! It last 1h30 / 2h
BUT my sample is not cured, just 1 week naturaly dry

i keep my Satori clones !

yoda954

Here's the tutorial I promised a couple of people on here and I'll try my best to explain what I've learned on RIU from the LED guru's and I really don't see any real DIY panel threads on here. Just remember you get what you pay for.

View Image

First off I like running my 3590's at 700ma and I dim them to 350ma it lowers the heat the panels give off and it increases lm/w and efficiency. I use Meanwell HLG-185H-C700A 4 cobs per driver and 8 cobs per panel. Now lets get started here's a list of things you'll need to make a panel like mine.

• Tools: wire stripper, drill ( I have a drill press), drill bits 1/8, 5/32, 3/16, 3/16-NC18 tap and a square ruler

• Misc: solder, shrink tubing, 18ga wire I use solid wire not twisted for my application, 2 and 5 conductor Wagos. I stopped using wire nuts makes a much cleaner step up.
Parts for the panel.

1. (8)Cree CXB3590 what ever color you choose.
  2. (8) Ideal 2023-CR cob holders
  3. (2) Meanwell HLG-185H-C700A
  4. (1) Thermaltake Pure 20 fan
  5. (1) 10"x24" heatsink from heatsinkusa.com
  6. (4) 5/16" x 3-1/4" eyebolts
  7. (4) #10-24 x 2" machine screws
  8. (4) #8-24 x 2" machine screws
  9. (2) 6" of chain
  10. (6) spring chain links
  11. 15ft extension cord
  12. Rhino molex acdc adapter
I'll be making another panel and taking pics step by step this will be my 11th panel.

hello realstyle

I do not include in your panel
so two drivers @700amp while one would suffice for you're 8 cxb ?

Essayez avec cette orthographe : quel cxb utilise từ? cxb3590 36v or 75v

CXB quel utilize tu?
cxb3590 36v or 75V

thank's you so much

GDSBurns

Hey RS could you do a simple video of you just showing how your lights wiring is rigged up. Im trying to get an idea from the pics but cant see enough angles.

Latest posts

Latest posts