What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Really poor progress for 6 week flower

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
i'm afraid i don't know about whatever nutes you're using and all that jazz...but your plant is telling you she needs more phosphorous and magnesium. most likely reason you have smaller buds. :tiphat:

ChenBenTz

i'm afraid i don't know about whatever nutes you're using and all that jazz...but your plant is telling you she needs more phosphorous and magnesium. most likely reason you have smaller buds. :tiphat:

Do you have any suggestions as to what will add phosphorous and magnesium?

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
for magnesium i always go to the epsom salts or you can use hydrated/dolomite garden lime but takes a bout 2 weeks to become active. as for phosphorous...i have no other/better solution for you than using chemical ferts with high P numbers or a bloom booster. i'm sure one of these organic guys will know something you can add for quick release. i mean bone meal has P but is slow release, and bat guano i guess i think that's fast and readily soluble in water. or seabird...one of those guanos is full of P.

ChenBenTz

for magnesium i always go to the epsom salts or you can use hydrated/dolomite garden lime but takes a bout 2 weeks to become active. as for phosphorous...i have no other/better solution for you than using chemical ferts with high P numbers or a bloom booster. i'm sure one of these organic guys will know something you can add for quick release. i mean bone meal has P but is slow release, and bat guano i guess i think that's fast and readily soluble in water. or seabird...one of those guanos is full of P.

How can you tell I'm low on Magnesium, though? I've had that issue many times, and I can usually spot it by the yellowing of the leaves. Leaves are pretty much all green here.

Bloom Boosters like Shooting Powder? Never put much stock in those.

What I really need to do is lower N. But I don't know how to do that when H&G don't tell you the ratios and I'm just following their feed chart.

EDIT: NPK for Cocos A+B is 4-0-3 for A and 1-3-7 for B. So, should I just use more B than A?

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
See how the leaves in the middle of your pic closest to the camera are 2 different shades of green?

Based on those numbers i would have always been using 2x more b than. A

ChenBenTz

See how the leaves in the middle of your pic closest to the camera are 2 different shades of green?

Based on those numbers i would have always been using 2x more b than. A

I e-mailed the manufacturer about this and they recommended sticking to the same ratio of A + B, as per their feeding chart.

In fact, I've not found anyone talking about using different ratios..

Except in the case of the Lucas formula, that's all I can think of.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Personally, I think P needs to be higher than K. No energy. Don't see a Mg problem either. Looks like N is high, especially with that high EC. Realize that the nutrient that pushes EC the most is N. And hi N, blocks Ca uptake. No Ca and low P, cotton balls....

Low P means low energy.

ChenBenTz

Personally, I think P needs to be higher than K. No energy. Don't see a Mg problem either. Looks like N is high, especially with that high EC. Realize that the nutrient that pushes EC the most is N. And hi N, blocks Ca uptake. No Ca and low P, cotton balls....

Low P means low energy.

So, I got GROTEK Monster Bloom. It's 0-50-30.

The feed chart says ~1g per gallon.

Should I correct for 1.2-1.4 EC and use as much as will allow?

And should I on top of that use more B (higher PK) than A (higher N), or is that overkill?

Big-Narstie

It all seems clear now WW X BB guys lets all move along....

Ifits seed it could be this or could b that but it's probably pheno dependant. Rule of thumb never!! Feed above 1.8 max!!! Unless u know the plant can handle. Coco I always give them a low EC Feed once a week.

Gd lk.

Big-Narstie

No I mean the phenotype! And big bud has never been good so we're on different pages.

Like I said don't ever feed above 1.8 EC so...

My point was to help

Big-Narstie

Look.. ifits a trait of that phenotype doesn't matter what u throw at her she's not gonna fatten up she will just be unhappy coz your feeding her up on unwanted not needed nutrient

So water her on half strength feed for for a week or try to cut out all nitrogen. I only use pk13/14 for couple watering in week 6, not sure what the dosage of monster bloom is. What I'm saying is that s bad pheno from that seed that is all. Start some better seed next and you will b very happy. As u can grow

ChenBenTz

Oh, I see what you're saying.

But no, Big Bud is 100% Indica, so in terms of phenotype it should give big dense buds. Not sure why you don't like it; I usually get huge buds from it.

I'm watering at EC 1.2 right now. 1ml per L Cocos A+B, 2ml per L 'Ca-Libur' and 0.2g per L 'Monster Bloom'.

This is in R/O soft water, which is why I'm adding calcium. Though, to be honest, I have no idea how much calcium to add..

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
i would use the regular dose it says on the bottle one time. then wait a week or two and see if it's helping. add the bloom booster first then add your regular nutes till you get to whatever ppms you were feeding before.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your photos show that the plants were twanged. Passing with water and calcium is a great idea. That is problem number 1.

Problem #2 as I mentioned earlier is a wrong P to K ratio.

If one reads the Oregon Organics line and add up their numbers, heavy calcium and much more P than K. I don't use their woowoo juices, but their success is quickly understood when you do the math.

Good luck Chen!

Latest posts

Latest posts