What's new

Really Fucking Cheap Drying Racks, Found Where You Weren't Looking

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I used that as drying rack but the space of every compartment is too high, you will never use all that space.
So it takes a lot of space in vain.

Much better one of this with the wings removed

tender.jpg

with a simply nylon screen on it,to prevent bud falling down.

Easy to use and take not so much space when not used.

Just my two.

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
How funny DJ short just mentioned at his seminar today that he started using these.

where you down there at ohm? i had vip passes to go meet him in the back office and blaze/ shoot the shit with him but been gone all week and had to work on the girls....

mad librettist

Veteran
I used that as drying rack but the space of every compartment is too high, you will never use all that space.
So it takes a lot of space in vain.

Much better one of this with the wings removed

tender.jpg

with a simply nylon screen on it,to prevent bud falling down.

Easy to use and take not so much space when not used.

Just my two.

I have much vertical space, not a lot of horizontal space. I can dry more bud with the nets than I could with a bunch of those racks. I can do about a QP per net if I leave big buds intact and lean them inside.

A QP on those racks at my place is going to be mopping the floor often as I would bump into them.

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mad, if you have little space, than the vertical racks are your way,but if you try one of those built to dry weed,you will probably gain space,because every compartment is not so high as the ikea one, and they have more open space to access weed

However,not a big issue...if you're going to dry weed,you should be happy in any case :)

mad librettist

Veteran
Mad, if you have little space, than the vertical racks are your way,but if you try one of those built to dry weed,you will probably gain space,because every compartment is not so high as the ikea one, and they have more open space to access weed

However,not a big issue...if you're going to dry weed,you should be happy in any case :)

I got all my drying sorted out for 10$... I hang a unit off the side of each tent.

of course it's not the best, but for 20$ you can dry a pound at a time, and when you are done they take no space, unlike a rack. you have to be a bit creative with big buds, but it's not hard.

I really want one of these racks but there's no Ikea in town. :(

Anyone know of anyplace to buy these online? I'm about to search...

edit: I found them on eBay but they're $8 + $6 shipping. It would cost me $22 to order 2 of them.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Solid drying racks and cheap. Been using em for a while now along w/a flat framed screen. Sometimes have to cut up the larger colas to fit but I've taken to hanging them on the sides, sticking part of the stem through the screen openings and tying it back or leaving a little notch on the stem to catch the screen.

How funny DJ short just mentioned at his seminar today that he started using these.

I happened to be at the same seminar, and i have also had one of those Ikea joints for a couple years! Thanks mom! Used it once but I prefer to hang after using it a couple times. Thought it was interesting also how he said he would not use the paper bags/boxes any longer after speaking with a scientist of some sort. He was told they are more susceptible to aspergillis molds colonizing them. Never had any problems myself but he is from the PNW, perfect place for a lot of fungi/mold to dominate.

Can't wait for his actual class he is teaching next thursday, almost took my ass to Cali early this year to take it!

where you down there at ohm? i had vip passes to go meet him in the back office and blaze/ shoot the shit with him but been gone all week and had to work on the girls....

Yep he was at OM. He was also supposed to be teaching his class at clinical releaf in ferndale the day after. It was a good time but the audience was a bit more on the newb side considering some of the questions he fielded.

Wolverine97

Veteran
Yep he was at OM. He was also supposed to be teaching his class at clinical releaf in ferndale the day after. It was a good time but the audience was a bit more on the newb side considering some of the questions he fielded.

Damn. I didn't know he was even in town, or I surely would have made time to make it out there. The newb questions drive me insane, but it still would have been worth it.

samba

I use them and love them!!!
I cut them as the hole is a but to small
Using a 10L buckets to trim, its easy just to pour the the bud in for drying.
picture.php

louie

Does anyone have measurements on these? How big is the diameter of the circles? How long is the thing when hanging?

Mr Jay

Veteran
I swear half my grow supplies came from ikea. Now I know to check the kids section!