What's new

Really Cool Quotes

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“Although human beings are incapable of talking about themselves with total honesty, it is much harder to avoid the truth while pretending to be other people. They often reveal much about themselves in a very straightforward way. I am certain that I did. There is nothing that says more about its creator than the work itself.”
― Akira Kurosawa

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
f22df182e66f2cf902c61b496b1094ac

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For years I’ve watched governments take control of our lives, and their argument is always the same: fewer costs and greater efficiency. But the result is the same too: less control by the people and more control by the state, until the individual’s own wishes count for nothing. That is what I consider my duty to resist.
Violet Crawley summarizes 800 years of British history in a paragraph

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
your life is your life
don’t let it be clubbed into dank submission.
be on the watch.
there are ways out.
there is light somewhere.
it may not be much light but
it beats the darkness.
be on the watch.
the gods will offer you chances.
know them.
take them.
you can’t beat death but
you can beat death in life, sometimes.
and the more often you learn to do it,
the more light there will be.
your life is your life.
know it while you have it.
you are marvelous
the gods wait to delight
in you.
-- by Charles Bukowski

moose eater

they "claim" that it build character...which is why the rich are nearly always thieving cocksuckers.
For me, it built experience, bragging rights, and a triple laminectomy (1 thoracic and 2 lumbar), as those were the only 3 most damaged vertebrae they could still repair. The rest of the spine is shot.... and has been.

I guess by 'character' they mean the tenacity to keep working when the pain is nearly crippling sometimes.

And, of course, the cursing that accompanies those moments... In which case, I have lots of 'character.' Enough to make a bar maid blush.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
In which case, I have lots of 'character.
i've been trying to kill off much of the "character" that i developed while in the USAF. i already knew the words, but my drill instructors at Lackland could string them together in truly amazing combinations that i was previously not aware of... :oops: :ROFLMAO:

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Wealth is the ability to fully experience life."
~ Henry David Thoreau

Latest posts

Latest posts