What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Really Cool Quotes

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
If you don't have your fishing line in the water you're not going to get a bite....:groupwave:

Used to be my most favorite quote when I lived on the east coast of Florida:

"Shut Up and Fish!"

even had a t-shirt once that said that in big letters on the back..

picture.php

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
— Benjamin Franklin

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"I never cared if you were 'gay' until you started shoving it in my face and the face of my children.

I never cared what color you were, until you started blaming my race for your problems.

I never cared about your political affiliation until you started to condemn me for mine.

I never cared where you were born until you wanted to erase my history and blame my ancestors for your current problems.

I never cared if you were well-off or poor, until you said you were discriminated against, when I was promoted because I worked harder.

I never cared if your beliefs were different from mine, until you said my beliefs were wrong.

My patience and tolerance are gone.

I'm not alone in feeling this way, there are millions of us who do and we have had enough!"

h.h.

Veteran
"I never cared if you were 'gay' until you started shoving it in my face and the face of my children.

I never cared what color you were, until you started blaming my race for your problems.

I never cared about your political affiliation until you started to condemn me for mine.

I never cared where you were born until you wanted to erase my history and blame my ancestors for your current problems.

I never cared if you were well-off or poor, until you said you were discriminated against, when I was promoted because I worked harder.

I never cared if your beliefs were different from mine, until you said my beliefs were wrong.

My patience and tolerance are gone.

I'm not alone in feeling this way, there are millions of us who do and we have had enough!"
Sound like a victim.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“I used to think the worst thing in life is to end up all alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone.” Robin Williams

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
“I used to think the worst thing in life is to end up all alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone.” Robin Williams

exactly.. being alone is not same thing as loneliness. it's spending time with person who we all wan't to be good, so what's so scary at there to face ourselves? most worst feelings i've felt in bad company, but on my own I survived from there because then I had chance to be more open and show my all emotions.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A quote from Donald Trump earlier this year said: “It’s not me they are after, it’s you, I’m just in their way”

armedoldhippy

Veteran
"love is progress. hate is expensive." - Esau Jenkins 1910-1972
a minister, educator, and voting rights advocate born on Johns Island SC who founded a club in 1948 which included a co-op grocery, gas station, day care, and classrooms where they taught illiterate Sea Island blacks to pass Jim Crow era literacy tests so they could register to vote.

AspenGas

"Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Captain John Parker

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
"Clean arse's make for contended patients!" Old John, circa 1987 (old school psychiatric nurse).

At the time i thought "what shit!", But may years later i came to understand that constipation, (as caused by virtually all psychiatric meds, as well as an inactive lifestyle and poor diet) leads to electrolite imbalance, which for people suffering with mental difficulties, only adds to their confusion and distress.

For the rest of us supossed sane individuals, my advice is "Eat more Kale"

armedoldhippy

Veteran
you need to coat your cooking pot with olive oil before cooking kale. that way, it slides right into the garbage without having to scrape it out...:tiphat:

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
“When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Perhaps to be too practical is madness. To surrender dreams — this may be madness. Too much sanity may be madness — and maddest of all: to see life as it is, and not as it should be!”

? Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hard times create strong men

Strong men create good times

Good times create weak men

Weak men create hard times