What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Real Sour Diesel is DEAD

LostTribe

Premium user
Whats the best representation of ECSD these days in seed form?

I know people say the ECSD is different than AJ's but I have isolated the traits from the AJ within my Sour OG f3's as well as a separate line leaning more SFV from the same sour OG also currently at f3.

I have had real diesel out in CO but the best pheno was way gassier than the rest and haven't seen it since 2005. Nowadays all the shops out there have some kind of rezdog ibl shit that is pretty weak compared to the real deal.

KONY

Veteran
I think you don't see it around so much because it takes 77 days and a skilled hand to get it right:tiphat:

I normally prefer it to 80+. Has a decent lasting high at that point. I've had the ECSD cut passed around the northeast in 2008. I've probably ran it 30 times since then, and it has came out different each time.

It seems very susceptible to the duding problem I am experiencing. I will get normal yield, however the flowers have considerably less trichs and terps than they should. When it comes out like this, OR if it's not dialed in perfectly it has no mouth coating sour flavor. The calyx do not swell towards end of flower like they should.

I can easily see how amateur growers or just people that have never grown and just resold bud would think it was a different strain.

Here is a picture of her in a moderately happy state, I'd give this a 8 out of 10, when she has the ability to be a 10 if perfect.
picture.php

I have ran her a few times in the last 2 years, and she has came out no where near her full potential. Same exact cut. Looked nothing like the picture I just posted

Medium Pimpin'

Ask Beavis, I Get Nothing Butt Head
Veteran
We finally get a pic of some ecsd, thanks KONY.
She's as finicky as it gets, but her potential is off the charts.
Sour is nowhere near dead.

Twisted pleasur

Veteran
How can it be dead when rez worked it so long and released so many seeds. Im sure tons of people have kept ladies from those packs over the years if what they found is truly special. But I agree Chems are pushed off as SD all the time.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Sour Diesel" is differentiated in name sake because it is a seed line that Rez made.

East Coast Sour Diesel - is the clone. Whole different ball game.

dank.Frank

Bud Jones

Alive and well in Upstate Ny .. Rochester crew holla ! All who ya know ..I'm running a bunch of cuts outside .. I'll post em up as they reach the finish line ..

Erliqin

lol yeah. Wahts the difference? if to pick one wich one :biggrin:

ok guys I think gonna go with the Sour Diesel, I've read tons of times that the Sour Kush stinks too much, I don't want the stinkiest strain on my tent u know also I want something different than the Kush.

I harvested those Kandy kushes that went to the skies with heavy yields and stinky smell, I luv them but too much kush.

Sour Diesel smells like kush too? or the Sour Kush only smells like kush?

Erliqin

ok I think I have it, sour diesel from RP, alongside with Delahaze from Paradise. Boths are suposed to do great flavour and potency colas. thanks all. peace

supervince

We finally get a pic of some ecsd, thanks KONY.
She's as finicky as it gets, but her potential is off the charts.
Sour is nowhere near dead.

So I am supposed to have the ecsd. It looks most like that pic KONY posted and then I see this comment above! Yes it is the most finicky SOB I have ever had.
Can someone post grow tips especially for ECSD? Is there a thread that details growing it alone?

I'm thinking it does NOT like much water. Of course, it needs tons of Epsom and I top feed more in veg for that plant too. It's just very easy to go of kilter it seems. My mom was yellowing up quite a bit...couldn't figure it out...top fed even more...the whole top of the soil is encrusted lime, epsom and kelp from so much application. It didnt seem to help so I then figured I must have watered it too much. the pot seemed slow to get light- like it drinks very slowly (this is a bonsai mom) so i just said screw it and ignored it for the most part these last few weeks and now there's much more new growth.

I've only ran it once in flower. (I got it last fall) I ended up killing it at about 8.5 weeks.
I killed it because I inadvertantly let it sit in water for about 2-3 days (too long of an explanation).
I harvested it and it is some of the best weed I've grown actually :) I see a lot of potential.

I have one in flower now. It's about 3-4 weeks in. It was going good, but I let it get to big (it's about 3.5 feet high right now) for the 3 gallon smart pot and it dried too much the other day and so now I see some bigger fans have shriveled/browned up and will fall off :(
My next one will be in a much bigger pot that can retain moisture better for a plant that size.