What's new

Real Life - contribute freely

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
I learned everything from nature. My life in the forest rooted me. The supposed 'control' of predator populations is akin to pesticides on mites - population explosion.

Unfortunately the 'regulated' hunting of ungulates does not work that way, except for unhunted species taking over. In my area, I watched as the mule deer population was decimated as every fukin city hunter went forth with his buck ticket to be able to show off the biggest rack; all the best breeding stock; plain stupid. Now the mulies are almost zero and white tails abound. We always filled our freezer with white tails.

I witnessed the effects of those bottom drag nets when the Canadian and US fishermen were having their dispute and one or t'other decided to ruin fishing by scooping every fish. I went to one of my favorite rock cod fishing spots in the inside passage and it was a graveyard, where normally you haul up one after the other. We are a fucked up species (or race) The westcoast indigenous people never caused such destruction over thousands of years.
Back in the day when I occasionally helped an offshore lobster fisherman tend his trawls we would sometimes find all his traps in a big tangled mess after the draggers went through and dragged all his traps.
Even though the draggers were not allowed to target lobsters which were only allowed to be caught as by-catch they would indeed go through lobster rich areas in order to intentionally catch them.
He started taking used washing machines and refrigerators that he wrapped in barbed wire and would dump them over the side of the boat , leaving a nice surprise for the draggers nets.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pronoun - It
Was just shadow cast on my wall

1687135241425.jpeg

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Back in the day when I occasionally helped an offshore lobster fisherman tend his trawls we would sometimes find all his traps in a big tangled mess after the draggers went through and dragged all his traps.
Even though the draggers were not allowed to target lobsters which were only allowed to be caught as by-catch they would indeed go through lobster rich areas in order to intentionally catch them.
He started taking used washing machines and refrigerators that he wrapped in barbed wire and would dump them over the side of the boat , leaving a nice surprise for the draggers nets.
There were always problems when there were pots set in the clam and scallop beds. I heard stories about the draggers calling out chop chop chop on channel 16 as they tore up gear. Draggers have always been famous for grabbing a few lobsters or scallops on the way in as shack.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Booze from Amazon, delivered right to your door cheaper than the store.
Who knew eh?
I ordered some Lagunitas IPA brewed right here in old Mexico. Lagunitas is an Ancient Mayan city. The brew was begun in the early 90s in someone's kitchen in California; I'll bet dirty Mexican illegals and then purchased by Heineken around 2017 and they opened a brewery in Mexico.

Amazon was half price. I sampled some yesterday. A delightful tangy brew with adequate punch. While at it I ordered my favorite French brandy, St Remy's extra old.

I'm having trouble comprehending how my circumstances have become so luxurious and decadent in my elder times. I have even bought a brand new refrigerator and stove a couple years back for the first time in my life.

Speaking of Mexican brews, I hear that Modelo Especial is now the highest selling beer in the US. Talk about legal immigrants,

GenghisKush

Booze from Amazon, delivered right to your door cheaper than the store.
Who knew eh?
I ordered some Lagunitas IPA brewed right here in old Mexico. Lagunitas is an Ancient Mayan city. The brew was begun in the early 90s in someone's kitchen in California; I'll bet dirty Mexican illegals and then purchased by Heineken around 2017 and they opened a brewery in Mexico.

Amazon was half price. I sampled some yesterday. A delightful tangy brew with adequate punch. While at it I ordered my favorite French brandy, St Remy's extra old.

I'm having trouble comprehending how my circumstances have become so luxurious and decadent in my elder times. I have even bought a brand new refrigerator and stove a couple years back for the first time in my life.

Speaking of Mexican brews, I hear that Modelo Especial is now the highest selling beer in the US. Talk about legal immigrants,
That was my favorite beer when I (briefly) lived in CA. Frankly, there are too many IPAs among the taps at bars I visit, but that one is a keeper for sure.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Lagunitas was made in Petaluma.

The brewery was known for its laid-back attitude towards patrons partaking in cannabis consumption.

Then they sold out.

They built a satellite brewery in Chicago before they sold.

Their IPA was much fresher after that over on this side of the Rockies.

I still buy their Waldo's every April... but I hate giving big beer money.

GenghisKush

Lagunitas was made in Petaluma.

The brewery was known for its laid-back attitude towards patrons partaking in cannabis consumption.

Then they sold out.

They built a satellite brewery in Chicago before they sold.

Their IPA was much fresher after that over on this side of the Rockies.

I still buy their Waldo's every April... but I hate giving big beer money.

We crisscrossed. I went from Chicago to CA.

Latest posts

Latest posts