What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ready for harvest?

i would wait a bit....let the trichs tell you when to harvest....i prolly cut when all the trichs are cloudy and some amber....

KRS Juan

Ask and ye shall receive.

The story: This guy was growing purple kush and pollinated a single branch with some unknown (to me) male kush strain. Somehow a nugget from that branch ended up in the half ounce I bought from him. I ended up with a nug that was ALL seeds. Like 16 of em. 14 germinated and only 1 male was found. This stuff still smells like kush but seems to not have much purple left in it as only the stems and branches appear to be purple. The bag it came from had lot's of purple in the buds.

The 3 plants in the front of the photo's have been in flower for about 51 days, the rest around 36.

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

-KRS Juan-

plants look smokin man, very nice. purple kusk, mostly indica, right? ROUGHLY around50-55 days. but dont only rely on that alone. as stated eariler, let the trich's darken more. for indica i harvest at about 50% amber, 25% milky/cloudy, and 25% clear. but everyone is different on how and when they harvest.

hell, you could harvest in stages and see what you like at different stages of flowering. then on your next grow of that clone or strain you'll know almost exactaly when to chop..

any ways, good luck and enjoy the fruits of your labor of love!

smokin 2 live

KRS Juan

Do you see any amber trichs here?

1015trich3-28.jpg

It's about 60 days in, and I still dont see any amber trichs, but it's my first grow so I just might not be seeing them.

Thanks!

KRS Juan

looks nostly clear. see some milky colors in there as well.
like CAPTION CANIBUS stated above, let em darken up. you'll see it when it happens, quite apparent!
the lighter/ more clear trichs you have at harvest, the high will be more of a head , "upity" high. the darker they are, the high will be more of a body stone, couchlock style.

cut 1 or 2 smaller buds now, see how the high will be different than say if you let it go to almost full amber color. just experiment, see what kinda high your wanting to achive.

BTW= looks great for your first grow man, congrad's!:D

any ways, good luck brother, looks like your hard work and effort will pay off!!:p

smokin 2 live

KRS Juan

Marley: My first grow to ever make it this far.

In high school i had some plants going on my parents roof, which they found. The threw me out (rightly so).

In college we had 5 vietnamese sativas going in our back yard, but got ripped off mid-flowering.

So here we are now with my first real/protected grow and everything is goin fiiiiiine! As soon as I can find a doctor near me it will be legal too.

Fast Eddie

Yea, The trics are clear,
Would only really give a head buzz.
I Like mine when they are about 50% amber 50% milky looking.
I tell ya one thing,
Thats some kick ass looking bud.
I bet it smokes even better than it looks.
Let me know ok?
Later..:)
Eddie

billk6969

Great looking plants bro. I know that you have to be getting antsy and impatient. Can't wait to start drying and smoking. The smell is probably intense and makes you salivate, but let me tell you, if you cut those babies now, you will not get the full potency of those beautiful girls! Just wait like everyone is saying until you can see an amber/red color in the Trichomes and the rest are milky white. Let me tell you from experience that it is not worth cutting them sooner, I waisted 3 ounces of Northern Lights because I was too impatient.

Keep smokin,

B

dcyans

Dave420 said:
these pics are not the best but you can see the milky and amber colors in it.

Click for Larger Image

I'd say excellent pic there Dave420 ;)
My problem has always been impatience and believe me that extra week or two makes alot of difference :( I am learning discipline

Last edited:

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
I'd say you got a bit yet...

I'd say you got a bit yet...

Dave's photo should give you an idea of what you're looking for, and Smokin raises a good point. Take some samples. The smoke may be what you're after. I'd wait a bit though.

GreatLakes THC

KRS Juan

Thanks for all the responses folks. I still have not chopped any of them, but I did chop a medium nug off one and put it away for drying.

As many have said, the smell is overpowering. I wake up every morning and crave a smoke it smells so good. Good thing I have 3 carbon filters going =). I am checking the trichs daily, but see no amber anywhere.

Thanks for the pictures, they are helping my hunt a ton! I have also stopped ferting these 3 in anticipation of harvest, just water for now. The leaves are yellowing and dying a lot, but are not falling off quite yet. I removed a couple lower ones that were almost totally dead, to allow more light below.

I cant stand waiting, but will continue to do so as long as possible.
-KRS Juan-