What's new

Re-vegging outdoor plants after harvest

browntrout

Veteran
Hello all,

I am attempting to re-veg some plants that got stunted by a frost. There is still life left in the plants, I am doubtful of the success rate.

However what is the common procedure? The rootball is trimmed and going in fresh soil under led 24hr light.

When should I start feeding them? Should I use superthrive or root booster at some point?

Any pointers are appreciated.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day BT

Water once and not again till the medium starts to get dry .
Because you have cut back the foliage the transpiration is cut dramatically . Wet - dry cycles encourage roots to seek out water .

I like some Kelp extract when reveging . A vitamin for the plants with out NPK . Has chems that encourage cell division .

Away from strong lights . The lower leaves may have been shaded from UV and will react badly if too tender .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Ktaadn

I've got a couple that I'll be trying this with. I've never attempted it before so good luck to us both!

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day BT

Further ; a week or two after you have new growth select which nodes you want to grow from . Then trim back the old buds leaving just a few nodes of new growth . Cut off the rest .
Seems to me the old flowers have a hormone that inhibits veg . Once the plant reshoots and you remove old growth the reveg accelerates .
Single blade leaves and curled leaves that unfurl are par for the course until the plant kicks back into veg after about a month . 6- 8 weeks after you start , and you should be able to take cuttings .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

browntrout

Veteran
G `day BT

Further ; a week or two after you have new growth select which nodes you want to grow from . Then trim back the old buds leaving just a few nodes of new growth . Cut off the rest .
Seems to me the old flowers have a hormone that inhibits veg . Once the plant reshoots and you remove old growth the reveg accelerates .
Single blade leaves and curled leaves that unfurl are par for the course until the plant kicks back into veg after about a month . 6- 8 weeks after you start , and you should be able to take cuttings .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Interesting, thanks for the insight. I will be getting some cold processed kelp extract. Seems to work much better than the boiled stuff.

Digging some out of the ground has caused some loss of roots and ability to uptake water, I am concerned for some.