What's new

Re-creating a strain??

alvin88

One of my favorite strains from when I first moved to SF in 2006 was Ingrid. At the time it was clone only and I must have bought 100 8ths looking for a single seed and turned up nothing haha. I haven't even heard of it being available in dispensaries but I live a few hours from SF now.

Out of all my research it's usually recognized as UK Cheese x Hashplant. If I were to make that cross what would the chances be of being able to land something similar to Ingrid?? The original strain was probably bred 20 years ago and I wonder just how much genetic drift has occurred in the parent strains, or if those were even truly the 2 parents to start.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
One thing about plant genetics is they will drift or die when it comes to producing seeds. You can make your own diamonds with a little work. But even diamonds change over time. If you work with all your favs you will find a diamond you can make into a mother. You got to kiss a lot of frogs before you can find your Princess. Either way good luck friend and thanks for posting.

Latest posts

Latest posts