What's new

RDWC TREE MACHINES

cyat

Veteran
internal waterfall
picture.php

Scrogerman me and you seem to be on a similar path with our studies and experiences growing. Remember our discussion about the benefits of suplhuric acid. U and me seem to agree about many things including studying oxygenation and using h2o. Ionic nutes too. Turns out Ionics manufactures alot of other companies nutrients. No wonder their in house stuff is so good. No mystery in their directions like other companies. "mix with tap water" :) even says that on the coco formula. I tried dm gold and couldnt get it dialed, but love their potash, still using that, otherwise all ionic hardwater for hydro and coco formula too. Got the greenfuse bloom stim(smells like lemongrass) just afraid too use it in the hydro system. Anyone try it? Scroger, I think I read you were doing some organics with hydro, and pull it off cuz h2o2? That would be interesting. I keep thinking about a few drops of super pure essential oil like sandalwood or lemongrass, would at least smell great,haha. Ive tried pure flowers phosphite horrible run threw it away.

i

cyat

Veteran
I'll be watching this thread with"budshoteyes"

Heath doesn't train his plants with that system. Do you plan on training his genetics?

I do things in my own way, even though the system I built comes from Heath's autocad. I incorporate what works for me and I am also a creative person.

Train his genetics? I am not a geneticist, I'm a herbal hygenist.
I feel any strain can benifit from a workout like tyeing down stems and crushing branches. It sends hormones to the bud sites and makes plants grow even and strong.

cyat

Veteran
Agent-smith, I'm super excited to rock Heath's black rose and V3. Some of the best laugh for 4 hours perma grin better than everything else around weed I had was g13 in santa monica around 2002-2004 not sure (it's a blur) Hopin this is the g13 in his v3. I'm sure the widow and nl he used were top shelf too. The black rose looks insane, love the name too. Cant wait too see what happens with these big yielding quality strains.

Allouze, you got it right. no net pot though ,buckets and tubs holes in the bottom of the buckets of hydroton and water level above bucket bottom( no air gap) for no cord roots, and one water pump no airpumps/stones.

Both grows will be very important cause we will learn if the system over rides genetics! Or at the very least improves yield of any strain! ....That's if were patient and cyat chooses to do so.

This thread alone excites me!

Anyway I'm gonna sit back and watch unless I have questions

My post was typed before I saw yours Cyat.... I too believe your training will help!

D

DHF

The Nl x G-13 x WW as well as the Black Rose to the best of my knowledge have never been run in big plant mode Cyat , as Heath`s always had his big bitch genetics on the side when he got bored with his production rooms and went backta 1 room ta see how big he could get em with new twists and upgrades as you`ve mimiced and seen first hand......

Congrats on yer beans , but as Heath and I`ve both known for many yrs , some genetics do better with increased plant numbers for production , and some do better as big plants.....Not to say you can`t veg em longer and get big plants though........

I`d be anxious ta see em run big for their structure and output......

Respect on yer hard work and BEER.......now get backta work...LOL......

Girls lookin good....All those Kush and indica dominant strains grow more sideways than up though , but I`m sure you`ve noticed that......

Edit:...per flavors and such in yer pm , nothing you`ve run before compares to the complexities of Heath`s crosses , just really depends on which pheno`s you run up on......

I`ve run em all , and when Heath talked me into ebb and flow buckets and increased plant numbers , they ended up 32-36" finished height at best , and hard as rocks once dried and cured......Different shit than we get round here.........

Peace......DHF.....:ying:....

allouez

Girls lookin good....All those Kush and indica dominant strains grow more sideways than up though , but I`m sure you`ve noticed that......

Speaking of which, I wonder if this sounds normal... I have an Aurora Indica that was topped once, (no other training) and it's 30" tall and 48" wide. Just finished the stretch. Is it normal for a plant to side branch this much? This is the type of growth I want, but I don't know if I can get this shape from any indica dominant strain, or if I should desperately try to get my clone of it rooting. (and reveg or buy more Aurora Indica seeds to find this pheno again)

I'm doing vertical for now but thinking of switching to a horizontal scrog. It feels like I could more quickly get more canopy with horizontal than vertical with a short strain like this. DHF would you say a low plant count vertical is better to do with stretchier (taller) strains?

Cyat that looks really cool. Nice to not need air pumps too. As I get some experience I might try switching from single bucket DWC to something like this. The plumbing just looks really complicated to set up! (maybe easier than it looks?)

D

DHF

Ran 4 plants in 10 x 10 rooms for almost a decade Allouez , and yes 50/50 sat/ind hybrids do well with bare bulbs hangin....alot better than indica dom plants IME..........

As I said ....everything`s strain dependent on stretch and width from indica dominant varieties , and depending on how Bubba-ish they are , as in NO fucking stretch after flipped compared to my old mex/skunk hybrid that ended up 5-6' tall and bout as wide spread open with every limb hung from chicken wire on the ceilings ta keep em from snappin under their own weight ,you can plainly see that there`s a definite yield potential difference from properly done hybrids , compared ta golfball nug kush bushes......but......

If that`s what it takes ta pay tha bills , then hybrids suck , and kush bush`s rule.....All about local preference and bottom line return on investment.....

We never used less than 5' x 5' square per plant for proper environment and lumen penetration...just ta put things in perspective.....

LVPK lookin right Cyat....Respect...

Peace.....DHF......:ying:...

cyat

Veteran
Hey Fred your descriptions sound like a tasty enigma! Fred you talk of improved yield w high plant count but I would be satisfied with much less than Heath yielded w/ these same strains. I mostly yield a P or less per 1k, at best a tiny bit more. My last run w/ the huge Bubba(which by the way vegges and stretches like crazy but yields small) yielded about 10-12 z's under 2600 bare bulb hps, Cant blame the strain or system cuz my helper overdosed it for a while.Damage was done. Yield was balanced out by coco trees inbetween.
The lvpk would be much taller but it is tied down and bent up. This system tends to grow bushy plants regardless of light placement or genetics. My coco plants dont grow the same and need more training to get fat and bushy.
Hey the beer is important but actually not as much as the herb which I smoke like a chimmney.Runnin a custom black berry too which is sativa dom and super bomb buds are already purple and ahead of the rest in smell dense good size nugs w/ out much leaf at all.
Its funny I even hate on kushes cuz the shit people say but I have taken all most all the og I had to the head, not fruity weed. I just love that unique hard to describe earthy musky incensey some times w/ a hint of lemon or sour like my bubba or a good og, its the hard to put a finger on weed......taste....unique not like a fruit or something else just dank and rich, complex........weed flavor, ahh the poet wants to come out...hmm just blazed an o.g.....ahh.... fuck kush! :)
Allouze the plumbing is dead simple just adapted to my room/situation/ and made it work w/ what I had.

Last edited:

mrdizzle

Ran 4 plants in 10 x 10 rooms for almost a decade Allouez , and yes 50/50 sat/ind hybrids do well with bare bulbs hangin....alot better than indica dom plants IME..........

As I said ....everything`s strain dependent on stretch and width from indica dominant varieties , and depending on how Bubba-ish they are , as in NO fucking stretch after flipped compared to my old mex/skunk hybrid that ended up 5-6' tall and bout as wide spread open with every limb hung from chicken wire on the ceilings ta keep em from snappin under their own weight ,you can plainly see that there`s a definite yield potential difference from properly done hybrids , compared ta golfball nug kush bushes......but......

If that`s what it takes ta pay tha bills , then hybrids suck , and kush bush`s rule.....All about local preference and bottom line return on investment.....

We never used less than 5' x 5' square per plant for proper environment and lumen penetration...just ta put things in perspective.....

LVPK lookin right Cyat....Respect...

Peace.....DHF......:ying:...

hahaha I dream of the day I get stop growing kush trees, a 2lb kush is like a 4lb chem4 no joking about it

"LVPK (left) and Blackberry tied down with the stems allways getting crushed and bent,at 3 weeks. Thanks Agent-smith love the work and detail you put into your systems!"

So it's a bit like 'supercropping', pinch stems and spread them horizontal.

At what time in veg/flower is this done ?

What hight is the frame above top of buckets ??

I always just grow BIG plants but no doubt i could increas yield as the 'spread' is poor.

I only do 2 plants.

Cheers

It also looks as you have metal bars to spread ?

And weights ? Are they lead fishing weights ??

Sorry for all the questions...lol

Thanks

D

DHF

Cyat.....I would never disrespect you or your thread......I only preach what I learned from Heath using increased plant numbers.....but not in your big plant thread....maybe you misunderstood ?......

Tasty enigma....gotta remember that 1.....Dizzle.....your Kush big plants bring double what Chem 4 does per lb ?.....How long does it take Kush plants to be big plants with multiple plants per container in your Hempy thang.....also...

I see Doubled`s spammin his setup at the Farm tryin ta sell it again I guess , since there`s no tellin what true actual vegtimes on indica dominant plants for the yields he swears to.....and he`s claimin 10 lber`s this run ?.......LMFAO........

If Bubba stretches after the flip Cyat.....you`re doin somethin right......never moved for me in my rotations with Heath`s racks , but they were smaller plants although I know nobody else that runs Bubba and get`s much stretch at all after flip......gotta be environment and grow system.......props....

Heath spoke of the "science of repeatability" several yrs back concerning folk`s claims on their yields........

It boiled down to if DD`s is pullin 4 lb plants per , and if everyone that builds said system "exactly" and follows everything to a "T" using the same strains/varieties , then EVERYONE should be ableta pull 4 lb plants as well..........right ?.....

Doubled`s got around that by claiming his 1 of a kind "G-13" that NOONE had ever run but him , "according to him" , but yet hooked many folks into believing 4 lb plants were everyday shit using HIS system , when nothing could be further from the truth.....and then.....

He came up with genetics according to him that would duplicate his G-13 yields....I`m still waiting for anyone that pulled these yields with any reasonable amount of vegtime , but have yet ta find em.....

Souped up RDWC with quick disconnects and nothing more....sure ...bigger bottom containers will grow bigger rootmasses that`ll support bigger plants , but how long does it take plants like that to get that big BEFORE the flip.......

That`s why I always called bullshit on Doubled`s and got banned from the farm right after Heath for doin so.......and for the record......Heath taught him everything over at HG , but DD`s did say he followed krusty`s threads.......Dewd`s a good grower cuz he learned from the best , but his integrity sux in my book.......Not to be trusted or believed as far as yas can throw him......

Science of repeatability.....remember that.....Love all ya`ll big plant growers......Where I am and what I needed per room after I got through with krusty buckets , was more smaller plants from Heath`s knowledge of his production rooms Cyat......not his experimental big plant grows for shit`s and giggles.......

Tickled you`re diggin the big plants....

Good luck Bro...DHF.....:ying:....

cyat

Veteran
Hey Fred Ive realized w/ plannig I get similar yields off 1-4 plants per light as I do 20.
The thing for me is that if I have six huge plants and the pigs come and check em out and my rec then they will walk right out.
English is a funny language so are strain names. different phenos and names get changed and mixed up sometimes accidentaly. Different bubbas, o.gs, urkels, blackberrys........etc, who knows whats the real deal. My bubba strectches like crazy.

D

DHF

Do you get the same yields from 4 instead of 20 in the same time frame Cyat...vegwise....?...

That`s all I`m sayin bout growin big plants....takes time....Did it for many yrs...

Good luck....DHF.....

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
internal waterfall
picture.php

Got the greenfuse bloom stim(smells like lemongrass) just afraid too use it in the hydro system. Anyone try it?

i

Ive run it (Green Fuse Bloom) in a standalone dwc. Seemed to work fine I didnt notice any accumulation or slime. Hope that helps :)

cyat

Veteran
Fred I run a veg room so I always get about 2 mo. to veg.so its not an issue and I do alternating harvests so I can let em grow. The goal is decreased plant numbers
Thanks critter.

D

DHF

What matters most is what works for you Bro....Minimum plant numbers were my life for many yrs due to where I live.......

Once I got over it , I listened ta Heath bout his production rooms.......

8 weeks veg seems ta be the norm for indica dominant varieties with RDWC , so you`re inline for proper returns.......

Good luck Bro....DHF.....:ying:.....

down2grow

Good job Cyat! Didn't know that you had your own thread going, but I'm tagging along. Can't wait to see that Black Rose in action. Such beautiful color.

D2G

Latest posts

Latest posts