What's new

RDWC clones in for a week...

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Hey poopy, do you still need help with your problem? sorry I could not get to you quickl enough, I was pretty busy, so hit me up if you still need help!

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
hey stitch i need help with this problem.....

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=22864

this is my room in coco top 6 pictures... i had very low ph with salt buildup.... i was all green a beautiful but started show some mag issues so i flushed and seen how low ph and how high salt was buildup.... so i flushed till my ph was 5.8 and 2.0 and my plants started to look like there were starving... they look like P def and maybe some nitro... so after a week of starving htem i started to feed them...now im at 5.8ph and 2.4ec and they seem to not die as much but im getting on the top foot of fan leaves a wierd yellow from the outside while the rest of the plant is dark green then leave starts to die...

you can see it on some of the pictures...

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
Once you go black you'll never go back ;) Black 90's all the way baby!

:joint:

if its about light leaking through the buckets, the lowe's buckets are light proof i had tested it against 1000w light side by side to see if it go through and no light make it through is why i ran those lowe's buckets before the home depot ones light goes right through.the black ones hydro shops want over $8 for one.but i didnt use the 5 gallon buckets anymore as i needed more root space for easy growing plants with less stress even tho the alaskan ice i had yield me 1 lbs and 4 oz just on one plant so i guess its up to the plant to produce yield from its genetic lineage

PoopyTeaBags

Veteran
stitch here are some pictures i know the light makes it harder to see....

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Poopy, that is either a magnesium problem or an iron problem, because when flowering magnesium can start affecting the top parts of the plant and this is the only time it can start on the top plant, where in veg it starts in the middle of the plant.
In order to find out what caused it, I need to know these questions:

How often are you feeding, how much and how often of each nutreint.
How often do you water?
What is the pH?
Check the pH daily?
what conversion are you going by .5 .6 or .7??
I could not view all the pictures too well, because the HPS light is on, can you take a few without the light on so I can see in more detail?

Now we need to find out what is causing this problem, because the plants are showing either magneisum or iron, or both; I need to know more info before I can tell you exactly what is causing this problem, because salt buildup will mimic a nutrient problem when in fact there is no lack of the nutrient, that the salt buildup is causing the plant not to absorb the nutrient.

Do you feed every watering?

PoopyTeaBags

Veteran
How often are you feeding, how much and how often of each nutreint? feed every watering with ionic bloom and little protekt silica....
How often do you water? when light usualy once a day or every other day
What is the pH?5.8-6.2
Check the pH daily?yup
what conversion are you going by .5 .6 or .7??.5
I could not view all the pictures too well, because the HPS light is on, can you take a few without the light on so I can see in more detail?yes but missed the chance this morning will try for the night time...

alittle back ground info...

everything look wonderful but start to see a mag problem on one plant... so i take that plant out and flush it... the ph in pot is super low and salt buildup super high... so i flush the shit out of it till its about 2.0 ec or alittle lower... i do this with every pot because all had low ph in pots (meter was a bit off and i fed at 5.4 couple days which was really alittle lower due to meter)

so i flush till im 5.8 in pots and around2.0 in EC...

then all my problems started the burning on all the fan leaves all over the plant and the yellowing at the top.... the NPK ratio'/s may have been all off dont know.. did that for like 3 days and talk to a few people who said they look hungry... so i started to feed again little higher... well that didnt fix shit but give me a salt buildup again so i reflushed all the plants which made them worse again... now im flushing down to 0ppm and adding back at about 2.0ec so hopefully everything is in check.... im in coco and also just hit everything with AN's revive last night to hopefully get plants back into check till i can figure out the pots....

ill try and get better pics....

also the mag def is a problem but the biggest is a phos deff i think??? im not sure if im nute def or nute burning but the mag def can be fixed im gettign green leafes dying from inside the veins and turning leafes up looks like phos deff to me but not sure.. also greatfulhead told me that we had to feed the coco before the plant so maybe me feeding to 2.0 ec is not enough? should i increase feeding to twice a day?

Last edited:

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
hey use the revive at 200 ppm's 0.4 EC for foliar feeding spray leaves underside too with a PH 6.0 and make the temp 75f for the spray mix.i dont know the name of your EC meter but 2.0 ec is realy hot bro back off to 1.6 ec or less 1.4ec is what you need..your over feeding these plants and building ton of salt buildup and salt buildup cause your PH levels to drop in the low PH 4-5.1 locking out nutrients..when you ready to do a flush let me know so we can get things going
edit:
i bet this happen after 3rd week 12/12 and to me these is becoming more common at 3 weeks of 12/12 and i say the the plant after its not vegin or when it stops streching is not using as much nutrients the plant looks bigger but in a different life cycle and we always think we should up the nutrient levels.i noticed that first 2 weeks the plant will take 1.6-1.8 ec 800ppm-900ppm and its fine but right after she stops stretching she changes over to flower and salt builds up at them high ec levels and a flush is needed
this is where the problem begins if you kept adding high ec levels..also keep your res at 68-70f

Last edited:

PoopyTeaBags

Veteran
heres some pictures i need to stop the burning and kill of fan leafes the recovery helped out the mg def im pretty sure about that....

picture.php
[/img]
picture.php
[/img]
picture.php
[/img]
picture.php
[/img]
picture.php
[/img]
picture.php
[/img]
picture.php
[/img]
picture.php
[/img]
picture.php
[/img]
picture.php
[/img]
picture.php
[/img]
picture.php
[/img]
picture.php
[/img]
picture.php
[/img]
picture.php
[/img]
picture.php
[/img]
picture.php
[/img]
picture.php
[/img]
picture.php
[/img]
picture.php
[/img]
picture.php
[/img]
picture.php
[/img]
picture.php
[/img]
picture.php
[/img]

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
you are right your locking mag but why dont you do some of the things i say..to much P is locking out mag so stop over feeding bro not to be a dick but you are killing the plant.some times i feel like people need to be talked to this way in order to bump your head and learn something nothing personal but you got good advice from many growers that know what they are talking about now do something with it..i will not post here again,so peace and mad love but stop killing time

PoopyTeaBags

Veteran
you are right your locking mag but why dont you do some of the things i say..to much P is locking out mag so stop over feeding bro not to be a dick but you are killing the plant.some times i feel like people need to be talked to this way in order to bump your head and learn something nothing personal but you got good advice from many growers that know what they are talking about now do something with it..i will not post here again,so peace and mad love but stop killing time

you can call me a fag and butt rape me with the world largest dildo if you help me fix my plants... your not hurting my feelings... and please dont give up on my ive been asking the same question which is am i over feedign or have a phos def... cause all the pictures of the phos def looks like whats going on... ive hit them with recovery and it did wonders started helping with mag def for sure...

if you say its to high ill go lower... i just dont under stand why this time its so over is phosphorus...?? ive ran this regiment for like 7 grows in a row with no problems.... in fact... i know its not recommended but i have ran the pk booster from day one of flower and this time i waited till week 31/2... not that thats a cause or what not but usually how i run them and thats adding more phos then i added this round...

also ive gotten people telling me they looked hungry so ive fed...

which all in all confuses the shit out of me ... if you look a stiches thread my leafes look likfe phos deficiency's ... if you tell me im burning them at 2.0ec then ill back off but from personal experience rdwc ec runs alittle different then soil or coco ec... seems it needs to be alittle lower...

and ive finish on same plants at over 1350 ppm's at .5 conversion with NO burns... this is why im so confused... so i beg dont give up on me help me learn...
if i need to go lower ec lower ec it is....

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
It depends, even though you did everyting correctly previous grows, there could be something you don't now you did this time that did not happen previous.

Not to mention temps can cause the plant to eat less or use more....... so certain things change that can cause problems like this,

but I do agree your plant is locking out magnesium/ or iron, because the tissue is tan, this means the plant is feeding off itself, and you got a mixture of the curling, which signifies too much food, your going to have to flush them out and each up on the pK booster and phosphorus untill they heal, when they got enough magnesium then slightly raise the P back to a little less than what your using now.

PoopyTeaBags

Veteran
It depends, even though you did everyting correctly previous grows, there could be something you don't now you did this time that did not happen previous.

Not to mention temps can cause the plant to eat less or use more....... so certain things change that can cause problems like this,

but I do agree your plant is locking out magnesium/ or iron, because the tissue is tan, this means the plant is feeding off itself, and you got a mixture of the curling, which signifies too much food, your going to have to flush them out and each up on the pK booster and phosphorus untill they heal, when they got enough magnesium then slightly raise the P back to a little less than what your using now.

hey stitch ive been being helped by dominican im in the process of flushing everything and putting them back at around 5-600ppm's however i did it last night with 1/3 of my room and they are still burning this morning.... will this stop instantly? doesnt this mean they are still feeding on them selfs??

im at a loss for words so im putting my self in IC hands but to me if you look at my pictures alot of them die and curl up looks like a P def according to your pictures on your thread stitch... im scared while underfeeding im P def and burning but you guys are the masters so untill you tell me different im feeding with 5-600 ppm's

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
back over here haha..anyways shits not funny on your end so back to work we go..high heat the plant uses less nutrient and more water leaving lots of salts to buildup you can also have problems if you water temp is to high so at least 68f for water.i want to know your run off waters PH and EC and check you PH tester to see if its reading right with calibrate solution 7.0 and 4.0 if your tester calibrates with 2 solutions do both some people just do 7.0 and when they test water in the acidic side the tester will never read it right.i notice lots of hydro shops telling people you only need to calibrate one and thats not true.next feed use less base nutrients like a 0.8 EC and add the rest of P-K booster to bring your solution to 1.2 EC,damn i need to know what your run off was like in order to know what your PH

need some new pics