What's new

Ramblings, under the Northern Lights

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great to have you here, thanks for sharing.
Peace from everyone at CSG.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Christmas is over, I bought myself a new growroom. A company finally narrowed the beam on an LED light enough to make it work. The surround will have copious amounts of UVB, spent last month's allowance on a UVB meter so the new room will have the same intensity as the test room at the leaf surfaces.

The pictures are of a sativa, the small bud is the one stunted by UVB.
Ouch, the indica test plants also came out small but doubled the "take a nap" component. Might be handy someday, but hopefully the sativa, chosen specificly for it's wide awake high, won't put me to sleep every time.

And now for something really serendipitious, I mislabelled some clones, only two strains so it wasn't easy to screw it up, and put one of each into the same container.

When I first started putting twelve plants to a tray in the same media I was told it absolutely would not work, plants don't share. Since it worked so very well (half again the yield) the explanation was forwarded that the same clone cannot tell the difference in the roots and thinks it is touching itself (makes me grow).

The picture of the sativa below is sharing the pot with an indica. Not seeming to be a problem, and the indica is doing the same as the previous indica that did not share a pot. Hmmmmm

Some knowledge is so obvious it never gets tested, why bother. Multi strain test grows are in the immediate future, low plant and tall plant together using all the available light. We shall see.

I went though another bad spell, the cancer picked up speed again. It doesn't hurt or anything, I just got a little depressed.
New to me findings like this strain sharing take my research from makework to focussed studying, tunnel vision takes over the depression. Sometimes screwups are a good thing. It got me posting again anyway.

Attachments

• UVB sativa day 40.jpg
    UVB sativa day 40.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 6
  • sativa control day 44.jpg
    sativa control day 44.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 5

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Hey Brother,
Just checkin in. Your news has hit very hard. I hope you are doin what pleases you the most,under some Gloriuos Northern Lights!! Please hav a good day. Your Pal

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
So much going on I forgot all about keeping this current. The cancer did not just pick up speed, it raced on down into the colon.
Lung, liver, colon, now if it goes spleen and lung I will have a full circle track for it to race on. Sorry, I'm a race fan.

The results of panic are very evident, Jim got his removed and every single cell that dribbled when the needles were pulled out started a new colony, six months. Eric just quit when the opiates quit working for him, even though there is always another way.

A lot of time is spent in the grow rooms, they are roomy enough to walk around the plants or even pull up a chair and read. Had my right ear peel from the UVB in the budroom once, right arm and hand felt none too good either.

This entire idea of grow style started when I brought some clones into my SAD (seasonal affective disorder) room and they went nutso compared to anywhere else they had been. Now 50% of the light in all three of the rooms (bud, veg, clone/veg) is from the side and even clones get 2% UVB.

My daughter visits almost every day, makes me get out at least three days a week.

A side benefit I should have used year's ago, automation. I still hand water but have a remote switch and a hose now, no picking up buckets. Another pump with a suction hose to poke into the catch buckets, too cool.

But only doing fun growing, and it is still fun. In that I have always been fortunate with my autism. Aceptance of things as they are today wreaked havoc with my career and family choices, but is serving so well now I'm thinking the trade may have been good.

Today I had a big boost in attitude and energy so sharing before it left was in order. Actually I expect a great many more, just never know exactly when.
Started an actual grow journal, probably in the wrong forum, giving me an easy responsibility to pace my days. Went high tech on the veg room, way more intensity than the bud room, summer versus fall, summer is hotter.
Alaska makes that hard to forget.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
say Phaeton? i have been lookin at sun pulse's 10,000 kelvan UVA(i think)UVB. Any merit to this type of light in your opinion? and where in the light cycle would it be used if useful??

thanks in advance
stay sharp
pal