What's new

Ragged and yellow newest growth

hyposomniac

Veteran
What y'all think..
plants went from looking great to ragged over several days.. maybe 4 plants out of 30, mixed variety.
Promix.. reg feedings of a salts mix that's been working just fine for several grows.
Changes... Went from 100%tap to mixed tap and humidifier water.. it reads 0ppm but I'm thinking some
​low dose contamination my meter doesn't read..

This plant does not look so shiny, it was just hit with insecticidal soap

Attachments

• photo2051116.jpg
    photo2051116.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 21

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Sure looks like poison.

These 4.. are they grouped together. The only 4 of that variety, or from that mum? I'm looking for anything they have in common with each other, but not the rest.

They all drank from the same tank I guess.

Has the dehu only been used by you, in this location. Or could it harbour something. I have used dehu water, as have many. I don't recall it ever being a problem. Though it's copper and alloy usually. Copper is playing on my mind, but I would need to look at the idea further. I have used copper pipe before though

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Looks like leafburn from spray being applied while lights were on, or from spray being mixed too strong. Even Organic sprays should be applied when the lights are off and given 20 minutes to drip dry.

Dehu water is fine to use, but its ph does get majorly affected by even tiny amounts of nutes which makes monitoring your ph and EC values even more important.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
What y'all think..
plants went from looking great to ragged over several days.. maybe 4 plants out of 30, mixed variety.
Promix.. reg feedings of a salts mix that's been working just fine for several grows.
Changes... Went from 100%tap to mixed tap and humidifier water.. it reads 0ppm but I'm thinking some
​low dose contamination my meter doesn't read..

This plant does not look so shiny, it was just hit with insecticidal soap
It looks like iron deficiency most. The damage at the tops (non-mobile nutrient deficiency), the thin leaves, make it look most like this:

THC Farmer thread: Iron deficiency and soil that is too alkaline

https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...ron-deficiency

Iron deficiency/lockout can be caused by:

- a high pH
- too many nutrients/high EC or PPM
- iron is synergistic with (helps with the uptake of/helps fix deficiency of) potassium, and is antagonistic with (uptake is blocked by) too much Ca, Mn, Cu, P, Zn.

SoilTesting_Fig2.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
TarzanianMagic has it right, you may have locked out your trace elements using tap water.. Tap water has a high pH to keep heavy metals from leaching out in the drinking water. Every time I use Pro mix, I always use pure water with a little Cal-mag mixed with it. If you can't get filtered water or RO water just catch some rain and use it. You will be able to keep the pH stable using pure water. 😎

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Trace? Do you have any evidence of this.
It looks like things were going fine, then whamo, sudden change. Not a gradual issue creeping in, as poor water might bring. More... wrong spray gun. From doing the fence or something.

If there is a fence, I would be peering over it to see who has been doing what. It's that time of year round here. Where last years seeds are coming out of peoples drives, so they are spraying.

That chart may be wrong. Somebody has got carried away with the arrows. Putting on so many, they have lost meaning.

hyposomniac

Veteran
Thanks for the suggestions..won't dismiss any of them.
I will consider each and diagnose accordingly starting w slurry testing the medium..
​​​​​
My tap water is some of the best in the state... 100ppm give or take depending on rainfall and season, minimal chlorine, some carbonates that keep the pH high, but not much as they don't buffer well, it's very easy to get the pH down and the res stays stable for days.. only added dehuey water since it started getting humid.
I've had trouble free grows with 100% tap or 100% dehumidifier water here come to think of it.
​​​​It really did come on fast.. Fletch, maybe you're on the right path with the spraying.. I'm careful about phytotoxicity, I give them a lunch hour or two of just ambient lighting on spray day..but I did add something different to the usual calcium spray, (added humic fulvic trace mineral, ie. tm7, at like quarter dose) which is generally all I spray now.
Just glad.nobody jumped right to bugs.
Affected plants are not genetically related and not grouped together

hyposomniac

Veteran
Slurry after an hour...1.3ec, 5.6ph, not perfect Sampling done via canna's website procedure and bottled distilled water. It's $1.69 a gal now 👀

Attachments

• photo2051228.jpg
    photo2051228.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Latest posts