What's new

Radioshack Microscope

WOW, I JUST GOT THIS RADIO SHACK SCOPE AND I AM PLEASED...CUT A LITTLE SNIP FROM A COVERED LEAF AND YOU COULD SEE EVERYTHING...WHEN IS THE RIGHT TIME TO HARVEST...MOST OF THE TICHS WERE CLEAR BUT THERE WERE A FEW AMBER ONES...DO I WAIT UNTIL MOST ARE AMBER?

C

Chamba

the problem with "snipping off one piece of leaf" is that you are relying on that one quarter inch piece of leaf to judge the ideal harvest day..some plants mature from the bottom up and some mature from the top down...others mature all at once.,,it would be better to use 4 or 5 samples of bud leaves to judge, not just one, then check it out

looking at several areas with a cylindrical 20x or 30x magnifier takes about 20 seconds..the secret is to allow lots of light on the subject and hold it steady, ( hold your breath too)...you can also look up and down the bud with a magnifier like this (that's something you can't do easily with a microscope or illuminated mag/glass....

learn how to handle your plants while they are blooming!...never grab a bud (and smudge hundreds of resin heads) ..if you get any more than a tiny amount of resin your thumb andforefinger tips then you are doing it wrong ..hold the tip of a leaf to manoeuvre and steady the bud as you check it out up close

MajMike

Scope plus digital camera . . .

Scope plus digital camera . . .

I have a 60-100x pocketscope, but my 7.1M digital camera works great when zooming in on a PC. It's a Fuji FinePix S700, and can take pictures as close a 1cm from the target.

Anghellic

Hey i figured this thread could use an update, it seems pretty helpfull for people asking about how to check trichs. I picked it up for 10.99 or so, and my guess is im going to be using it 2,3... however many years i keep growing.

Heres what i managed with a radio shack microscope at 100x, and a 60$ digital camera. All you need to do is cut off a little piece of leave, put it on a piece of white paper and use the LED in it! I think pics help everything!
:muahaha:

hpim1135fu4.jpg

hpim1137ep7.jpg

Dont question that^! Its only 11$ people, if your going to buy something, buy it once!!! :bashhead:

Last edited:

Shady Smoka

I'm thinkin of buying a RS scope and modding it to fit on my tripod. If it could go on a tripod, I'm sure you could get some nice "live" views. I'm gonna go buy one now.

Be safe

Shady Smoka

Microscope-Tripod Mod

Microscope-Tripod Mod

I went ahead and modded the scope to fit on my tripod for "live" trich views. All I did was glue a nut to the scope. I scuffed up the nut and monkey glued it to the tripod clip. Clamp for 45min, and its done. Hope this helps some people looking for tich views on "live" plant.
Be safe :joint:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Neat (plus 2 other characters and more to reach the 6 character requirement)

Daemon

hehe :headbange

I just got one of the radio shack handhelds and like it quite a bit. Definitely not real well made but convenient. I can't wait to check out my sativas tomorrow!!

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Maj.PotHead said:
2 pics above taken @ 100 power mag there is no decrease in yield from a snipit here and there taken, after all it is just the tip of the leaf the plant still grows with the rest of the leaf :)

i use a 10 power jewelers eye for preflower inspection
LOL. People are actually claiming that snipping off a little end of a leaf to examine affect YIELD?!??! What kind of rubbish is this? Good to know my insticts don't fail me. It always seems the folks I talk note of think the way I do.... SIR! How are you Major??? SIR!

SIR! Firemaker reporting for duty! SIR!

I do the same. I have a jewlers' loop for preflowers...

Latest posts

Latest posts