What's new

Racks on Racks

B

bigbufu

Hello everyone and welcome to my vertical project that I decided to set up for the up and coming new year. I've been a huge IC MAG fan for the past couple of years and thank everyone here for blessing me with their knowledge. I have been growing for the past couple of years and was schooled by a veteran grower but he later moved and we went our separate ways. O yeah I owe DHF..bobble...and all the other vets out there for taking me to grad school to polish up my skills you this past year you guys rock !!! :thank you:

Anyways shall we get to it ?

I will be running a vertical set up very similar to bobblehead's racks as he and DHF have inspired me to redo my whole room. I really liked bobbles set up and only saw positives to switching to a similar design. I began building my racks yesterday and will post pics as soon as I finish them up. I will be running 8 racks with 10 ladies on each rack as I would like to keep it legal and isn't worth the risk in my opinion. Maybe one day there wont be a plant limit and we growers will be able to enjoy our hobby in peace but for now I will be keeping my numbers way below 99 as it makes me feel alot more comfortable knowing im legal and in compliance. The ladies have been vegging for the past week in dixie cups with a coco coir lava rock perlite mix under a 400w MH. I will and have been using the 6/9 formula with 1ml of silica blast per gallon and 1 ml of h2o2. I just grabbed a bottle of drip clean and will begin using it at .5-1ml per gallon as well just for insurance purposes. Im currently handwatering since there all small and am still thinking of how I want to water during flowering. Ive used a watering wand with a pump and like that alot but my numbers are expanding this round so well see how long it will take during the first week. It shouldnt be that bad to be honest and I have time so ill probably be sticking with the wand and a pump since I personally enjoy handwatering and ripping my vape pen :biggrin:

So im sure everyones wondering what genetics im working with. This round will be a tester round as Im am trying to find which crop I would like to monocrop for the next round so this will definitely be interesting. I will be having 20 strawberry coughs,20 blue dream,20 ECSD, and 20 grape ape. I had to give my friend whos doing a small personal grow two of my cough cuts so ill probably be replacing them with a couple blue dreams. Im really looking forward to see which strains will perform the best in this set up. I think the grape ape and strawberry's are going to kill it but thats just me. Ill try to post up pictures tonight or in a couple days when the racks get finished. The ladies wiill be vegging for until late december as I will be training them all and getting thins together. who knows it might even be sooner. Ive had a pest problem recently so i will be doing a complete scrub down and cleaning before they get put into flowering. I got my IPM program pretty tight now so I think were all set to go. I hope to give everyone here on ICMAG a spectacular show.

-AJ:joint:

B

bigbufu

Thanks Avinash I had a run in with broadmites and you already know how they are. Took me awhile to figure out the problem and i had to clear everything out and start from scratch. Now that I know about these pests I have a good IPM program and got it pretty looked down. Finally looking forward to a nice clean round dont want to jynx it though aha

-AJ

D

DHF

All things are possible with dialed vertical setups.......Bare bulbs rule and all else drool.....

Welcome and thanks for your time....Hope all you`ve learned will keep you grounded and committed to dialed results......

Good luck...DHF...:ying:....

B

bigbufu

Thanks for stopping by everyone I had a quick question and was hoping you DHF could answer it or someone else who has had experience in a similar set up. I currently run 1000w ballasts and would hate to have to buy 3 new 600's. DHF will I still have a succesfull run ? maybe you could tell me why three 600's are more optimal than 2 1000's I know it has to do with evening out the light but will it make that much of a difference on the yield ?

-AJ

D

DHF

Farmhouse cat ran 2-1kws with his racks and did fine , but the reason I ran 600`s was the lights can stay closer to the plants without heat scorching and light bleaching associated with 1 kw`s.....regardless......

The biggest factor with increased plant number setups is being proficient at rooting cuts.......lots of cuts......3 times the amount yas need to pick the best of the best that all have similar structure and growth traits for perfect sideways canopy by end of stretch....

50 watts per sq ft , 70% humidity till end of stretch , air exchange twice per minute , lower ppm`s across the board start to finish...all this gets yas down the road headed toward dialage.....

Good luck....DHF....:ying:.....

Posted in the wrong thread >.< stoner moment. Let's just pretend it didn't happen.

I'm looking forward to how this turns out for you. Looks like you're going for a high plant count and small plants, so I don't see why 1000s wouldn't work theoretically. Wouldn't want them getting too overgrown but what else is new with fixed distances from bulb to bed?

B

bigbufu

Aha its cool stynk I thought you meant like this show got deleted like something went wrong. I was going to say everyone please pull up your chairs and popcorn because this show is far from over and is just getting started :). To update everyone I took out the 20 grape apes as my good friend wanted to monocrop it. The 20 will be replaced by a new elite strain known as LAVGHANI. It's parents were a Afghani dad and a Somas Lavender and was given to me by my good friend. Im really excited for this one and will post pictures tonight.

-AJ

B

bigbufu

So im sure alot of you are like wtf what happ. to this thread. No nothing is going wrong and the ladies are doing well. I saw the babes yesterday and there a little light green as my friend was taking care of them and was only feeding the ladies with 300-325ppm water. Ive been stressing about school as the final weeks are approaching and I need to get my ass in gear. So when the ladies dry up I will water them with half strength 6/9 with a tad of epsom salt as they are definitely asking for some food. I will slowly over the next week to week in a half bump it up to 3/4 strength and full strength if there asking for it. I will post some pictures asap but schools been taking up alot of my time but hey ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Thanks for waiting patiently everyone and hope to have some cool pics up to show you all whats up and coming for the new year.

-AJ

Mister_D

Veteran
Subbing in for this :biggrin: Good to see someone else with the balls to tackle this system. If you haven't already, read through my vert redemption thread. I also do a rack setup similar to bobbles, will have a new thread of my third run with it up as soon as I catch up with a few things. Still dialing it in, but I have a working automated feed and drain system now :biggrin:. You'll be fine with two 1k's, but three 600's gives much more even light distribution (translates to more choice nugs/even canpoy). 6/9 is a pretty mild formula (usually seems to land around 1.2-1.5 EC depending on source water), I use it full strength from the time I wet the coco for an unrooted cutting until I flush at the end of flower.

B

bigbufu

Mister thanks for pulling up a seat finally got my camera going and working on the racks right now ! yeah i told my friend to not overnute and get trigger happy lol he def didnt get trigger happy and kept the nutes way low around 300ppm. I told him dont trip too much and there bouncing back now and greening up i hit them with a half strength and will bump it up to 3/4 and then full. There hungry i could tell right away but hey im just happy he didnt burn them aha Mister i will def check your thread out and i didnt think it was ok for full strength right off the bat but im finding your right that a full dose is def what they wanted right off that bat. Thought the rooted clones couldnt handle it but they definitely want it thanks for reassuring me on that. Mister you think I should go straight for full strength now or bump it up slowly as im doing ?

-AJ

Mister_D

Veteran
Use full strength every time from the first watering until you start the final flush 2-3 weeks prior to harvest. H3ad's recipe, as mentioned, is really mild compared to say most manufacturer's recommendations, or even most growers usual schedule. Because full strength h3ad's is, in terms of EC/ppm, close to what most people would call 1/2-3/4 strength nutes, you use it at full strength all the time. You're thinking of starting at half strength and gradually bumping it up is correct for most nute recipes, just not this one.

B

bigbufu

So i finally got my camera in the mail and am shooting some photos as soon as i get to the spot. Everythings alright ladies still a little yellow I know its a mag issue and the roots got a little shocked since my buddy didnt notice he was giving cold ass water like 55F def under 60F. Dont think the little ladies appreciated that. Got an aquarium heater now keeping it a little under 20c now im adjusting my formula right now as im using r/o water now instead of my tap as in past grows. I think I got it down well see in the next week to week in a half. So mister you think full 6/9 is ok ? that comes out for me around 800-825 ppm. I think that might be a tad to much for the ladies until flowering at least. I dont think ive ever used full strength as my ladies have never gotten that big in veg to need full strength. Ive only had a few mothers ive used close to full strength with. Let me see if i can find that post i saw from DHF ahhhh here it is.

" When i went to smaller plants with increased numbers I found less was more. and never ran over 750 ppm's for well over a decade with dialed results."

As DHF said their are certain strains I found that will take elevated numbers but all of my veggers seemed great when i kept it between 600-750 ppms.Im running all diff strains this round so maybe some are asking for more. My strawberrys seem to love the ppms around 700 and are nice and green now but some of the other strains are still a little yellow What do you think mister ? I guess everyones different right ? well i shot them up with 6/9 full strength a couple days ago and their greening up i will say but i adjusted my formula to this to see how it goes these next couple of days.

All per gallon

1ml of GH CaliMagic ( brings my ppms from 20 up to 100-120ppms).
3ml of floramicro
4.5 ml of florabloom
2.5 ml of botanicare silica blast
2 ml of GH rapidstart
.75ml of H&G drip clean

ppms come in rance to around 700 (+-5 )

I think this is pretty solid and the ladies should like it if their still asking for more then ill bump in up like you said mister. Decided to give the calimagic and rapid start a try as I received a bunch of free samples from the GH guys themselves so why not. I hear good stuff about rapidstart and hoped to save a little extra bucks and sub out the roots excel shits pricey. I also decided to give the calimagic a go as I hear its better quality than bontanicares cal mag +. Im a huge botanicare fan dont get me wrong but I heard the shelf life sucks for the cal mag and spoils quick. The calimagic also has less nitrogen i believe and a little more cal and mag which is why I only add 1ml. Well see how the ladies like it dont see why they wont. Might add a little aquashield as well what does everyone think ? please chime in everyone its supposed to be a party over here.

:biggrin:

-AJ

D

DHF

Ok.....Check and see whether your meter`s @ .5 conversion or .7 so we can convert to EC and actually evaluate your juice....and hey....

Botanicare Cal/Mag + @ 5ml per gal only raised my ppm`s lil over 200 ppm`s @ .5 conversion on my blue lab truncheons , so again I`m on the fence about the calimagic raisin pm`s 100-120 ppms @ only 1 ml addition...and yeah.....

Cal/Mag plus will go bad and precipitate/fall outta suspension with sediment buildup on bottom of jug after sittin for awhile unused , and shakin the shit up don`t help so throw away and replace it........

Dripclean @ 1 ml per gal for insurance from residual salt buildup , and silicablast @ 5 ml per gal , and SM-90 @ 5 ml per gal , plus Cal/Mag was all I ever ran and ppm`s never rose above 750 @ .5 conversion....regardless..

Good luck....DHF....:ying:....