What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Racial violence

Brushtail

The recent racially motivated attacks against the lebanese and middle eastern peoples in Sydney are pretty shocking. Mobs wrecking cars and trashing streets beating anyone they see .. Mindless violence :fsu:
The recent events just makes aussie's seem like fuckin white trash to the rest of the world. But...

In the following days mobs of lebanese and (people of middle-eastern appearence) have attacked , stabbed , i believe a female police officer( aswell as trashing property etc) in retaliation for the racially motivated attacks days befor.. Now here is how i see it ... one side takes a stab at the other now the other takes a stab back, were is this leading ? escalation in violence and heightened intensity of attacks ? will we be seeing drive-bys and bashing reguarly on the news ? .... Just my thoughs ...

B

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
From what I see on the news it doesn't look like a good situation at all. Best of luck to our Aussie members in this area.

The trouble is this sort of behaviour, well, at least the xenophobic attitude from the whites and everybody else, this apparently has been the norm ever since I left Sydney over 20 years ago because I could no longer subject myself to the redneck reality of Australian big-city life.

(Anybody that knows Aussie history would be amused by the fact that I moved out of a redneck city where "wogs" and "slope-heads" were hated by an ignorant majority, right5 bang into the aftermath of Moree's race riots between "whites" and "aboriginals"... :D )

Nothing has changed. The white people feel threatened because they make no effort to "understand" the new and (surprisingly) different culture of their new neighbour.

The new neighbour has a ton of shit on their plate to deal with while settling into a new land, and consequently fails to make any real inroads into the area of naturalisation and integration into mainstream Australian culture, and why should they reject their own heritage for the genuine freedom that is Australian life.

The resentment begins to spew fourth from both sides. The Australian culture of drinking kicks in, (more often than not on both sides) and the fight is on, all that genuine home-brewed-dutch-courage and testosterone has to go somewhere, RIGHT?

Legalise pot, walk into the middle of those rioting fuckers with two pounds of ready rolled joints and a pocket full of lighters.

Whose gonna give a fuck what colour Ahmed's scarf is?

Whose gonna give a rats arse about Steve's Uncle, the Tobruk Rat?

No cunt, that's who.

But no, instead of trying to calm the fuckers down with a box of joints and another round of beers, they send in the jack-booted Nazi's to "restore law and order". Let's cage a few and scare the fuck out of our citizens, black, white and brindle alike.

then lets advertise it around the world to reduce our chances of terrorism and publicly justify some nifty new police powers over night, powers that they've managed to quell riots successfully for many years without I might ad....

Last edited:
G

"'cause i'm always looking for that place you know where there is no rednecks.
So i went to Australia. And i thought you know, that Australia would be like groovy, surfnoid, smoke a joint, wombat, u know, g'day mate, no worries, u know..
..And it's like Arkansas with a beach. It's a whole country with a 'no fat chicks' sticker on it"

- Greg Proops

No pun intended, never been to Australia, just thought that was funny :)

G

wouldnt be surprised if the whole episode was incited by liberal party paid agent provocateurs... helps little John justify bringing in all that draconian, freedom robbing legislation...

Rattrap

its a scary thought that hideyoshi might just be on the money. Our wonderful govenment takes every oppertunity to bring in more & more laws constricting our way of life & controling us just that little bit more.
Generic hippie said "The new neighbour has a ton of shit on their plate to deal with while settling into a new land, and consequently fails to make any real inroads into the area of naturalisation and integration into mainstream Australian culture, and why should they reject their own heritage for the genuine freedom that is Australian life."
That is so true. Try turning things around for a sec, imagine if u moved to a new country, how quickly would u change your whole life style to match your new country? I know i would prefer to keep living the same way i always have done, with my beliefs etc. It takes at least 1 generation, sometimes even 2 generations before 'newcommers' to our shores become 'aussiefied'

G

:chin: hmmm .....uncooth rioters on a prison island? :bat: ...no way!! :smoweed:.....ps just jokes aussies :yoinks:

G

I dont understand where all these deep feelings of race and nationalism really come from, and ive been having them bashed in my brain since i was 1 year old. Society is a fucked up place, and some people dont know what to fight for and what to fight against.

And by no means is society yet advanced enough to just say "holy shit, what are we fighting for anyway".

G

And as far as moving to a new country goes, I reckon if you're unwilling to accept the lifestyle and you wanna live as you always have you might as well stay where you are.

Wow, if only they'd thought of that before fleeing with their lives and the clothes on their backs timtim...

So you'd like all new Australians to renounce their old ways and assimillate, would you?

Ever been accused of being BORG-like?

Did you stop to think that the idea of a conspiracy is less frightening to people than the idea that there are indeed enough ignorant redneck losers in this country to actually riot against their fellow Australians over skin colour?

G

I'd rather be a BORG (whatever the hell that means) and be safe, than let eveyone in and have MY Country go to shit! Like I said if they can't accept the lifestyle then they should just go away. This is AUSTRALIA, not the Middle East. I don't give a toss about skin colour, I know some nice people of all different races. What I care about is their attitude, and for the most part it sux. "Aussies" too are partly to blame, but it was Muslims that started this shit.

G

guest123

from what i hear latest , is that most are discraced enough about their actions , both sides , that it has caused some good to come out of it , music to ones ears id say , sad when things go too far , but if something good comes out of it , well !!!!

timtim said:
"Aussies" too are partly to blame, but it was Muslims that started this shit.

"They started it Mummy..." :pointlaug

You fair dinkum or what?

That gives you the right to continue it does it? Gives anybody the "right to retalliation" under the law?" No? Didn't think so.

Obviously, they are so grateful for the "welcoming attitude" of people like you,

"hey, never mind that you've probably not come to this land by choice, we expect you to become a carbon copy of us, embracing our ideals and lifestyle, hell, we want you to be so much like us that we can't tell the difference,"

You need to remove your head from your bigoted rectum and have a look at reality.

We are all just human beings on the one rock floating in space. What gives the people not born here on this particular island less right to the planet's food supply, what makes them have less right to live without the fear of persecution for their beliefs than "aussies" like you, what makes them so much less in your eyes?

Your own mind is all, you dilusional bigot.

...the source of the subculture at the eye of the racial storm in Sydney, the northern towns and villages around Zgharta, Batroun and El Mina, and the Bekaa Valley. These provided the third wave of Lebanese immigrants to Australia, when 16,000 mostly Shiite and Sunni Muslims fled the Lebanese civil war after 1975, a war in which more than 150,000 died and 200,000 were injured in a population not much greater than Sydney's

But thats okay.

You just keep on hating them because they don't have an Australian heritage, yet.

G

I was giving my opinion, you f##ked up Hippie!
I don't need you to start attacking me!
You call me childish and yet you're the one who is calling me names?
GET A LIFE!.....LOSER

G

Are you that pathetic you can't disagree with someone without resorting to childish name-calling?

Last edited:
G

hey, come on people, lets all take a little time to chill out this is gettin outta hand... the aborigines dont expect us to live like they used to or follow their cultural patterns so why should we expect it of others? the thing about immigrants is rather than assimilating they ADD to the culture already in existance and we all win in the end... ever felt like gettin a bite to eat? chinese maybe? well shit if the chinese had of just completely assimilated then we wouldnt be able to enjoy one of those little things we take for granted. And that applies to SO many other things that it would be impoosible to list em here but you get my point....

G

I'm done, I got nothing to else to say to that "hippy". And I've got no problem with a multi-culture society, as long as they keep thier ideas and beliefs to themselves, and not push them on me. Which is seldom the case. I have quite a bit to do with people of all origins, as I work in the tourism industry. And I hear the crap all day long.

I was giving my opinion, you f##ked up Hippie!
I don't need you to start attacking me!
You call me childish and yet you're the one who is calling me names?
GET A LIFE!.....LOSER

timtim said:
Are you that pathetic you can't disagree with someone without resorting to childish name-calling?

I didn't actually call you childish, I merely implied a certain lack of maturity in your world view. I pointed out your obvious bigotry, and the delusion under which all racial or even nationalistic bigotry survives.

Apparently that upset you. I wonder why?

A bigot by any other name still stinks.

If you aren't actually a bigoted Australian that deserves to have his ignorance exposed, then please explain this:

timtim said:
And as far as moving to a new country goes, I reckon if you're unwilling to accept the lifestyle and you wanna live as you always have you might as well stay where you are

from earlier in this thread. You followed it with this gem which would fit nicely within the bounds of a stormfront.org brochure...

timtim said:
...be safe, than let eveyone in and have MY Country go to shit! Like I said if they can't accept the lifestyle then they should just go away. This is AUSTRALIA, not the Middle East.

This is planet earth, and what, because these people were unfortunate enough to be born in war-torn Lebanon they should suck eggs and die without our aid or compassion, or the same opportunity to be free as you? After fleeing with nought but their lives in most cases, they take a while to adapt to their new surroundings and a culture that is almost opposite to everything they've ever previously seen or known, so that gives you the right to tell them "GO HOME"?

Are you aware that Bob Menzies and his ideal of a white Australia proved to be a f**ked up vision which was consigned to the waste-basket of history because us whiteys just couldn't keep it up to our women fast enough to breed the workers needed to build the freedom of our great land?

You are allowed to have your at best xenophobic, at worst plain old bigoted views timtim, and I hope they serve you well, but please do not advertise the sad fact that racism is as Australian as gum trees.

Evolve past what you were taught.