What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rabbit manure as cannabis fertilizer

G

Great news. Now I finally have a good use for that little ball of fur that just sits around.

3BM

Hey nice work in the garden! Nothing feeds like manure. Rabbit poo is rich and nicely balanced. :respect:

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Both types of feces can be used. The rabbit will eat the soft,moist one if he gets a chance. It still has nutrients in it. Both types can be used uncomposted if collected off the ground. If you have them under a cage, they will probably be soaked with urine,as well, and should be composted.

G

Hello

Hello

I'd recommend against using uncomposted rabbit pellets indoors, not due to any risk of burning plants but rather the chance of developing pathogens from the bacteria inherent in the droppings of hindgut ruminants. The droppings tend to putrify in potting soil mixes; not a pleasant picture.
Outdoors is a different matter. You could add several inches to every planting hole, then cover with a light layer of soil, thus avoiding burning tender transplant roots. You could side-dress plants thoughout the growing season with rabbit pellets and water-in with manure teas. The only risks you'd face out-of-doors is the possibility of attracting rabbit predators like foxes that could possibly piss on your plants or eat the leaves or something.
Hope that helps. Spring there yet?

Last edited:
G

Whoa, deja vu!

Whoa, deja vu!

Pops said:
Actually,rabbits have 2 kinds of feces,a dry,hard type and a soft,moist type. They only eat the soft,moist ones,as they still have many nutrients.
The cecal pellets are the soft ones that look like raspberries; they eat them for both the undigested protein and the bacteria, which is like yoghurt to rabbits.
(But I just had to quote you because I'm Pops on a different forum. It was weird seeing my moniker referenced here.) :wave:

Hollaachu

man i'm glad i've found this thread....Gunnarguchi, i have always in 6yrs of growing marijuana used rabbit manure of some form....My worms eat the hell out of this stuff!!!!I have a 30 gal rubbermaid red wiggler worm bed....I feed them worms corn meal fruits and vegetable scrap, old potting soil from my grows(organic), and good ole wild rabbit manure...I also get some from a friends Rabbit Farm!!!! I once worked at a wal-mart and an old man i worked with took me to his home and showed me his garden of collard greens....Man i swear these greens were the size of 16" truck tires....I thought they were going to be tough when i cooked them , but to my surprise those were the best collard greens i had ever eaten!!!I am a lifetime friend of growing with Rabbit Manure!!!!

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hollaachu said:
man i'm glad i've found this thread....Gunnarguchi, i have always in 6yrs of growing marijuana used rabbit manure of some form....My worms eat the hell out of this stuff!!!!I have a 30 gal rubbermaid red wiggler worm bed....I feed them worms corn meal fruits and vegetable scrap, old potting soil from my grows(organic), and good ole wild rabbit manure...I also get some from a friends Rabbit Farm!!!! I once worked at a wal-mart and an old man i worked with took me to his home and showed me his garden of collard greens....Man i swear these greens were the size of 16" truck tires....I thought they were going to be tough when i cooked them , but to my surprise those were the best collard greens i had ever eaten!!!I am a lifetime friend of growing with Rabbit Manure!!!!

ive had good experiences with RM out door both as tea and fresh with a soilmix but i wonder if it can be used indoor or it will give bugs and pest?

talos4

this has been my new project lately and now just found this thread. I am composting in my basement right now, i have an 18 gallon container about 2/3 full of soil, and i keep putting peelings and coffee grounds and egg shells in it. We also have one rabbit, and i use his poop two. My next grow will be nothing but compost with my mix, and teas made from my compost and black strap molasses. I'll bet i never need to order another fert again. I kinda wish i had one more rabbit

jolene said:
I have a rabbit hutch above one of my worm bins and they crap and piss straight down into the worm bedding and it makes lovely rich worm castings. Good for grow phase rather than bloom i think as it seems to have lots of nitrogen in it

Probably because they piss in there too? It would be an interesting experiment to try and seperate their piss and poo and see if it makes a difference nitrogen-wise...then it may be exceptional for flowering as well...

you could have a worm bin that you add piss to and one you don't if they were seperate...I guess you have to teach your rabbit to piss in cup though..lol..this could prove to be probematic...

so you veg your plants with this very rich compost/castings/poo/pee, but how do you compare to that in flowering? I.e., what do you use? I would feel guilty if I couldn't give my babies something just as wonderful as what they get in veg, during flower. Just curious as i'm still noob-ish

bmiss said:
lets say, i put a one month old plant in a 5-10 gal bucket of nothing but rabbit manure....

would you think a sativa dominate or an indica dominate plant would do better in that situation?

Just a wild-ass noob guess which doesn't mean shit, but I would think that indica dominant would do better. I only say that because I assume its hard to keep piss out of the manure because rabbits just go where they go. Piss has lots of nitrogen and nitrogen causes excess stretch in flowering phase.

But I guess you didn't specify flower or veg did you...my bad, I just assumed.

Just my $.02!

Last edited:

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have a very nice pile of compost brewing with plant parts, rabbit manure and ash from the fireplace mixed with garden soil
going to use this master mix in my later outdoor/greenhouse grow
i think though its so concentrated that i should take care and not too much of it at a time

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
some have have experiences with growing in pure rabbit manure but personaly i cant recomend it as ive never tried it but only used the rabbit manure as soil amendment, tea and as composted

Latest posts

Latest posts