What's new

R.I.P. Dad

S

Sat X RB

yeah, my Father was pretty special. he's been gone a long time now but sometimes, as I grow older and come across new stages of life I don't quite understand, find myself wishing he could drop in for a chat.

found myself grumbling the other day about someone not doing something right ... and realised I must sound just like my Father who had a thing about other road users behaviour according to his own 'perfect' driving.

so there's a sense where Dad never leaves you. you come across him in yr own behaviours probably forever.

not even one year Puff? well, it gets better after two. try to see that your Dad celebrated life ... and you and yours are part of his cosmic purpose.

respectful Cheers from Oz!

C

Chamba

A father never really dies, he lives on forever in his son, his son's memories and forever in his son's children and so on....

...and as hard as it is for a son to lose his father, keep in mind that this is the way it should best be, rather than it being the other way around.

My Dad is still alive, though elderly and bedridden (but as sharp as a tack and pushing 90)...my mother died when I was young and even though this was 35 years ago I still think fondly of her most days, grief passes but the fondness never does. The main regret I have is that she never got to see my two kids or the man I grew up to be .....but hey, such is life......

Last edited:
G

greenmatter

I think the police would rather me commit suicide, than shooting me. It was clearly evident that my fathers funeral photoframe was smashed by the drug squad so i would freek out, lose hope, and hopefully kill myself.I asked the officer who was in charge of the raid,why did they smash the frame and he only hunched his shoulders, smiled, and said "OOPS". I then told him to take out his Glock 40, and shoot me. He said no,turned and walked away, like a coward.

keep your head up puffy! that cop is obviously a douche bag (like most of them) but all he can do to you is break a picture frame.

he can't change your memories, he can't take away the fact that your dad was a good guy and he can't possibly make you, me or anybody else think that what he and his bitches did was right.

he is the kind of pussy who would pick a fight with a guy on crutches and absolutely shit himself (and call a couple friends) when he found out that the guy is not hurt as bad as he thought.

don't let that kind of asshole get to you ...........EVER!

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
so much fine wisdom being shared in this thread

my father committed suicide a week before fathers day and a few months after i watched my mother die of cancer right after my wife left me with two young kids (2&4)

I never had a relationship with my father (he suffered serious demons) although i had tried and hoped to have one and my mother was a severe alcoholic through out most her life and the end of her life was meant to be spent recreating with my children and I, recreate what we never had due to her alcoholism (they were divorced since i was an infant)

the subsequent suffering taught me so much about life, death and human nature that in and of itself it has become a gift that has allowed me to overcome what they could not

so i would simply add to what has already been shared regardless of the pain we might suffer there is a greater potential that lie beyond

your a fine representation of your father incarnate today, and the part of him that lives inside of you should be proud