What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

R+D Golden Tiger x A 5 Haze

sativaman514

Thank you to Luis at ACE, who sent me this new genetic.

I've kindly named this cross Golden A5. At the moment I have one plant in flowering and she is 4 weeks in, looking very Sativa. She looks like a tropical plant with light green leaves that are fairly big, slender fingers, lots of biomass, strong branching out, large trunk.

Plant was topped once to grow more mains. So far, very light metallic smell comes out of her. This strain is so far easy to grow, shows great adaptability to the space and quick flower formation.

IMG_2791.JPG IMG_2792.JPG

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for creating this thread sativaman514 and sharing pics of your girl. You guys don't miss anything ;) There has been a bunch of interesting new hybrids recently listed on the R+D section of our website, including most of the new A5 Haze hybrids we have recently produced. The linage of this one is Golden Tiger 2.0 (Thai Koh Chang dominant pheno) x A5 Haze late 80s mother (reversed), it's fairly new cross so you won't find yet any reports out there, i expect it has the potential to be even more interesting than Killer A5 Haze due to also containing 2 great Thai strains KA5H doesn't include. Time will tell.

sativaman514

A little update on my Golden Tiger x Killer A5.

Despite previous experiences growing KA5H, I forgot that she is an hungry plant. On top of that, for this run, I am trying 7 gals instead of usual 15 gals containers.. Consequence is my soil is depleted, and plant looks root bounded. She is a heavy drinker, I am watering her with 1 gal almost everyday, never getting any runoff.
It should have been an organic grow, but I am giving her some Canna coco at 30ml a gal a few times a week, to contain deficiencies.
Plant is about 7 weeks from bud formation, and looks just under half way done. To me, she looks like a Haze-Malawi pheno. She have been growing a few leaves with variegation.

. IMG_2822.JPG IMG_2823.JPG IMG_2830.JPG IMG_2829.JPG IMG_2827.JPG IMG_2826.JPG

sativaman514

How is she doing sativaman514 ? Getting exciting ?
Dubi, she is keeping me waiting, just taking her time making herself pretty =) I think she let's herself be desired!! Of course I'm excited about the outcome!

In a few days it will be end of week 10 from flower formation, and she looks like she will need an other 4 weeks. The smell have been consistent from the start: very hazy, metallic, incense. I don't know about the Koh Chang Thai and Hmong Thai involved, but this plant have some similarity with the Thai Cat piss pheno of Zamalelica. Might be a lovely blend of A5 Haze and Thai?

Water consumption have decreased. A very few pistils are changing colour slowly since 2 weeks, now about 5% are orange.

IMG_2878.JPG IMG_2888.JPG IMG_2885.JPG IMG_2889.JPG IMG_2890.JPG IMG_2887.JPG IMG_2882.JPG

mack 10

Veteran
Wow. Looking fantastic! The A5 def bumps the yield up. Just have to get the feeding right as she likes a good munch!
I'm def gonna rake over the new A5 crosses @ dubi. I need that head smashing sativa loveliness in my life. But with the decent yield from the A5.

Bravo to all evolved.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
looks great after 10 weeks of flowering sativaman514 :) thanks a lot for the update, looks very Haze A dominant so far, smells seem to indicate that too.
Golden Tiger x A5 Haze should be a bit longer flowering, but i expect flower/leaf ratios will be better than Killer A5 Haze, most probably more potent and trippy too.

sativaman514

looks great after 10 weeks of flowering sativaman514 :) thanks a lot for the update, looks very Haze A dominant so far, smells seem to indicate that too.
Golden Tiger x A5 Haze should be a bit longer flowering, but i expect flower/leaf ratios will be better than Killer A5 Haze, most probably more potent and trippy too.
Thanks Dubi! This is all good news! And I think this means I am the first one growing it =)

sativaman514

This is it. Time to chop.

Things ended up quicker than expected. But Some Sative can rippen almost overnight, and she was one of them. About a week ago, firsts fully rippen clusters showed up here and there on the plant (pic 1), showing well swollen calyxes and milky trichomes. Water consumption really droped last week, and in the pas few days, most of her fan leaves died, and the stem was turning light green. She went as far as she could. Final smell was metal, incence, meat, rotten pinaple. (.. really, it was better than it may look!),

Some plants stands out for different qualities, her was abundant resin, and smell. Flower ended up surprinsingly full, even after drying a quick sample (last pic). At chop day, buds were dense and spongy. Dried sample smells peppery and hazy, and feels full.

Smoking the sample with cisor resin, I can give you my first imoressions. This is strong stuff =). The inhalation brings me deep, profound and psychedelic head rush like with Malawi, but it as it goes away, I am left with a rush of energy. Feels like I've done a line of coke. I don't want to go any further, because I've been smoking all day long, and this is only my first impression. I will have look at it deeply =)

IMG_2905.JPG IMG_2916.JPG IMG_2917.JPG IMG_2919.JPG IMG_2920.JPG IMG_2922.JPG IMG_2924.JPG IMG_2925.JPG

Thanks to the ACE team for this utimate hybrid creation. Thanks to Yo Sammy for the presevervation of original A5, and for sharing it.

I will be back to report after some curring can happen. Cheers.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wonderful sativaman514 :thank you: What a joy to read your harvest post and preliminary smoke report!
She really exploded in flowering in June. The fist pic looks a lot like the Golden Tiger Thai leaning pheno mother of this new cross, the terpene profile sounds of my taste :smoke:
Seems she got the yield, quality and potency, hope you enjoy with her this summer time, and please let us know your opinion once harvest is properly cured and you are more familiarized with the outcome.

sativaman514

This is a great time to talk about final results.

Cannabis users knows about differences between live rosin effects, resin extracted directly out a fresh plant, VS cured flowers. The live rosin was more electric. The cured buds surely provides a psychedelic and trippy start, with an energic and stimulant final that kindly fade away. But not as intense as the live rosin. The deeper, meditating effects of the Malawi line is not very present in this pheno (A5 haze). It is Clean, Possitive, Stimulant but also Disruptive. Strong, Intense, Trippy, and with a mellow fade away final.

ACE fans! : if you Loved Golden Tiger and Zamaldelica, but still want to explore deeper in these dark areas of Sativa, this strain is for you.

Old School Sativa fans! : this cross can give you a plant that have a lot of characteristic from Nevil's breeding.

Smell is not crazy intense when opening jars after a month and half of curing. It did not increased, but slighltly diminished. Jars were kept in a room with AC in a drawer away from light. Smell lives up again after crumbling your piece.

This is in my top 5 strain I've ever smoked.

sativaman514

Colas, colas and colas. Plant was grown in organic soil, in a 7 gal container, and yielded high. 8 jars plus two long tops. Over half a pound. She was somehow a moderate-high feeder. She had a few weeks with too much N, some weeks with not enough K, and lost a lot of leaves in middle of cycle. Plant could have looked better if feeding was more dialed in.

After drying, flowers looked gorgeous with overall troll hair elongated tips. Lots of resin. Not the oily or dusty type of resin, just pure stickiness. Trimming was easy, but took time because of the amount of bud sites. I like to trim on plant, chop, hang and dry.

Thanks again to everyone involved in this cross, and thanks to the community for Love and support!

IMG_2963.JPG IMG_2960.JPG IMG_2959.JPG IMG_2957.JPG IMG_2955.JPG IMG_2953.JPG IMG_2951.JPG IMG_2950.JPG IMG_2948.JPG troll.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts