What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

QWISO

hydroclops

You can pick you friends and you can pick your nos
Veteran
Shmike sir you have inspired another.

I am trying it for the first time tonight.

I will post pic tomorrow.

And of course my question,
Is there a rule of thumb with a ratio of liquid to plant matter?

And again thank you for the insparation.

Stay safe and high.
Hydro

hydroclops

You can pick you friends and you can pick your nos
Veteran
Dude, this shit rocks, It took me a while for the pics because all I had was a seedling heat mat.

But here is my first batch of ISO, thanks Shmike. :wave:

Last edited:

dbuzz

Veteran
any idea what kind of thc percent a quick wash has? is there a big difference from say a 30 second quick wash apposed to a minute and half?

also, any idea why it always turns black when rolled into a ball? i've noticed gently pressing the dry batch will retain a more blonde color, but once you really press it turns black. is it the heat from ur fingers or what?

Last edited:

dbuzz

Veteran
yeah that bowl put me out for the rest of the night. i think i was still super stoned 2-3 hours in then i just had to sleep.

bw420

Well i had my first go at last friday. I did a quick wash just as you described. only had the bud in the alchohol for about 30 seconds. Shaking it like mad. When it got all purged it was like light amber colored peices of glass. :joint: stuff got me ripped. lol. So i made another batch. This time i let the bud sit with the alchohol for about 15 seconds before i started shaking it up. in total it was in contact with the alcohol for maybe a minute this time. What resulted was much darker and was not hard at all like the first batch. Thsi stuff is just oil. runny and very sticky. a bit darker as well. I mixed it 50/50 with kif and love the resulting hash/oil ball. :joint: thanx for all the great info you contribute. Stuff gets me lifted. :woohoo:

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cool Thread Shmike...look what you peeps inspired me 2 do :woohoo:
ma first ISO batch :D
i woz following the instructions on the purging and when i mixed the boiling water with the ISO it turnd white...indeed ......white :confused:
so i tought i *00kt it up but it turnd out ok
i did 2 batches ...1 from 5 gram quality NLx nugs and run of a unknown stains trim

on the left is the trim piece and te right piece is of the nugs ...right should be bigger but i used a piece for a joint as you can see down pic...

i could'n wait i had to smoke it :woohoo:

yours truely.....

props on the thread..... :joint:

Last edited:
V

vhGhost

shmike great pics and info as always, and i would have to agree with you on the PITA on the butter! ...

dbuzz

Veteran
woah just tried the sundae combo and it packs a punch. good way to smoke the oil. :D

deekan

im really glad that this thread came about and hopefully it serves to help and inspire those wary about hash making.

i started with this, an 8th of stems, 8th of grinded and kiefed buds, and an 8th of trim.

heres the mixture going through the filter, i shook for 35 seconds then started pouring.

The plate almost dry.

Halfway during the scraping process, this shit is squidgy and smells great.

The final product, after this pic was taken I proceeded to spread out the hash, add some kief, then i kneeded and folded the hash to get a marble appearence. this hash snaps when at room temp instead of bending

ive added kief and it seems to make the hash even stickier, if i add more will it become unsticky or just stickier?

Last edited:
G

Shmike said:
So if you're going for a potent concentration with an awesome flavour BHO is the way to go.

I agree BHO is tasty but I personally like the taste of ISO. Not to mention its simple and effective.

I made this ISO and usually I heat it back up and collect the sticky oil on a razor blade and save. But this time I decided to leave it and smoke it as it was. I call it the ISO kief because it has the same consistancy as kief (much more potent tho). I like it lots cause its much easier to handle and smoke.

Thanks again Schmike. Peace.

deekan

very nice as usual shmike.

i pressed some kief today using a celophane envelope and i noticed it wasnt sticking together very well after heating and putting pressure on it. i decided to mix in some of my QWISO and i got some delectable jelly:canabis: , i added more and more till i got a consistency i liked. its flexible at room temp but not completely sticky to the touch. heres a pic of the qwiso(.5g) on the left and my pressed dry sieve(.3g) on the right:

and heres the jelly snake on the left and quick wash on the right :joint: :

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
I just made a nice batch out of about a half ounce of stuff that got too webbed up by spider mites. Made a nice big chunk Im guessing was about 2-2.5g. Nice tackey-taffey. Since it was pretty good buds I opted to use the more expensive Everclear and it payed off with leaving as close to bubble kind of taste to it. No iso taste at all.

Coffee press

Coffee press

Sorry no pics. My first try with QWISOing was with a french coffee press. As I remember I put about an OZ of kifed very poor grade schwag in the press, stirred with a wooden spoon for about 2 minnutes and then filtered it through the coffee press action. I boiled off the iso in a pie plate placed on a bowl of hot water constantly heated by my trusty crock pots heating element. Got a bunch of gooey black stuff that I rolled in more crap swag, yes unfortunately thats what I had a available, to make it more manageable. I was happy with the results. It made a nice addition to a bowl.

Smoking the stuff solo.

It really wouldnt burn but rather it smoldered. Producing a fairly thick slow moving grey smoke that was tasteless both inhaled and exhaled.

The high was quite an up head high. It also burned very well in a joint mixed once again with the unfortunate swag that I can get. In a joint form I remember getting obliterated by it smoking half a jay with 2 friends.

So now the question.

The crap that I can get is compressed stuff, pretty cheap (80 anOZ--used to get 1/4 pounds for 90 of the same crap....) I know it is compressed because it is impossible to Kif it. Should I grind this prior to QWISO as it is compressed. My thought is that grinding it will expose the trichomes to the solvent more readlily. Also is 30 seconds really enough time?

Please note I can get better stuff too, I just enjoy the cooking/alchemical process.

Thanks so much,

Chilly on the Hilly

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
Id say that grinding it would be better in your case as it is compressed weed. Just grind it coarsely, and carefully to loose as little trichs as possible. And yes 30 secs is enough..ive learnt from Shmike and studied this issue a little myself and the glands bust open within 5 secs of contact with the solvent..so even shorter washes would yeild better quality oil...

Have fun with it...

Stay Safe

Thanks

Thanks

Cool my intuition was right. Thanks for the good advice. Funny a friend of mine just gave me a half oz of not so strong stuff that I will QWISO. Thirty seconds max. Good....