What's new

QWET oil extraction

shemi

Hello everyone! I found this site in search of Gray wolf. Now this question isnt specifically for him so if yall have input go ahead and weedply to me :) At any rate..

Why am i here: I made some cannibus oil for my vaporizer. How did i do it? The wronng way lol. No, honestly, I soaked my dried bud in a mason jar of everclear (about 1 inch over the bud) for about 2 days. then took this jar, opened it, slow boiled in in a larger pan of water, suspended from the bottom by grating. Boiled it down ( still liquidy) for couple hours. Added a ratio of PG / VG and called it a day. It vaped okay i guess.. but this was my first time smokin bud in about 4 years! So yea, i was high, but it just didnt seem right. Anyways..after reading this post i realized i messed up in many areas.

My question to this forum though is, after following the instruction in the OP, what ratio of VG/PG should I add to the Oil after cooking out all of the ethenol? I am only going to be putting this into the tank of my vaporizer.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello everyone! I found this site in search of Gray wolf. Now this question isnt specifically for him so if yall have input go ahead and weedply to me :) At any rate..

Why am i here: I made some cannibus oil for my vaporizer. How did i do it? The wronng way lol. No, honestly, I soaked my dried bud in a mason jar of everclear (about 1 inch over the bud) for about 2 days. then took this jar, opened it, slow boiled in in a larger pan of water, suspended from the bottom by grating. Boiled it down ( still liquidy) for couple hours. Added a ratio of PG / VG and called it a day. It vaped okay i guess.. but this was my first time smokin bud in about 4 years! So yea, i was high, but it just didnt seem right. Anyways..after reading this post i realized i messed up in many areas.

My question to this forum though is, after following the instruction in the OP, what ratio of VG/PG should I add to the Oil after cooking out all of the ethenol? I am only going to be putting this into the tank of my vaporizer.

They don't mix readily and are limited in saturation. You are going to be challenged dissolving such an extraction, because some of what you extracted with everclear is not soluble in VG or PG, so will be left out of solution.

You can inprove the absorption rate by using an hommogenizer, such as http://skunkpharmresearch.com/game-changer-emulsifying-vegetable-glycerin-and-bho-for-e-juice/

You can also achieve saturation rates around 40% or so.

shemi

So basically there isn't a way to create a solution that goes into a vape pen design box, but u can create a mixture that doesnt separate unless left dormant for some amount of time.

I guess in my situation, pg sohld be better as the viscosity of the oil will be low after going through this process. And after reading that article, it seems to be that they went as far as a 50 /50 solution without experiencing immediate separation.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So basically there isn't a way to create a solution that goes into a vape pen design box, but u can create a mixture that doesnt separate unless left dormant for some amount of time.

I guess in my situation, pg sohld be better as the viscosity of the oil will be low after going through this process. And after reading that article, it seems to be that they went as far as a 50 /50 solution without experiencing immediate separation.

Joe and my experiment was 39gm/VG:24gm/BHO Absolute, or about a 38% solution.

Joe did subsequently achieve 50% or so solution, using a larger homogenizer, but I don't recall the exact numbers, or have them at my grasp.

I do know that sharp hot or cold temperature gradients will cause the oil to separate out after being homogenized, so you can't just heat the whole tank at once to vaporize, nor can you store in the freezer.

flatslabs

In my experience, PEG400 works better for BHO than PG / VG. The key is using winterized / bho with as little plant waxes as possible.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In my experience, PEG400 works better for BHO than PG / VG. The key is using winterized / bho with as little plant waxes as possible.

Yes, good point! The plant waxes don't mix well, so we used an Absolute.

shemi

Well. Looks like my 2nd was is becoming my only wash.... Last night it floated while oil boiling and spilled into the surrounding oil. Thats 1/2oz down the drain. So although i wont know my true results, ill have a 2nd extraction to mess with.

As far PEG400, ive gotta read up on that, never heard of it.

Oh, and plant waxes.. This method of ethenol extraction does a good job of filtering... Looks pretty clear to me so far.

Attachments

• 1430772726603807075448.jpg
    1430772726603807075448.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 14

shemi

As far as boiling off the ethenol.. How long do yall do it for approximately? I know it's supposed to be whenever the bubblees become all small and consistently sized...but about how long does that take?

shemi

Here's the boil down of the 2nd wash.

Sucks that my first one spilled its guts in there :moon:

But at least ill have some lessons learned from this. 1. Don't let the surrounding oil bath quantity become too high iver the level in your jar. It will float and tip over!

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the boil down of the 2nd wash.

Sucks that my first one spilled its guts in there :moon:

But at least ill have some lessons learned from this. 1. Don't let the surrounding oil bath quantity become too high iver the level in your jar. It will float and tip over!

Been there, done that............

Gave the thus infused Canola oil to an arthritic Rott/Pit Bull named Hoss, whom was suddenly again able to jump in the pickup for "bye bye" again and clearly enjoyed more of the rest of his life.

shemi

Nice.

Been there, done that............

Gave the thus infused Canola oil to an arthritic Rott/Pit Bull named Hoss, whom was suddenly again able to jump in the pickup for "bye bye" again and clearly enjoyed more of the rest of his life.

shemi

Ok.. So im ready for my 2nd attempt.
I've got a half oz of some of that Megatron ��. And am going to extract using freeze method.

Im really unsure of what ratio to mix the oil and my ejuice. Id like to avoid wasting some exotic flower by diluting its Potency too much.
I'm thinking 30ml should be good.. Or should i mix 15 then test it?

noprohibir

THC-A/THC profile

THC-A/THC profile

"Alas my ignorance abounds...." Hey GW:

I am learning the differences between THC-A & THC and am trying to refine my technique.

I have read multiple times in this thread that for oral administration it is recommended that the precursor (kief, trim, etc) be decarboxylated.

I have also read elsewhere THC-A is effective in anti-tumor proliferation where THC has analgesic properties, among many other effects.

In specific cases, I am sure one would not want the psychoactive effects. Also, would one prefer to have the acidic form of the molecule for a more medicinal effect? Or even create a custom combination of THC-A/THC in varying ratios?

What are your thoughts? Have you tried to vary the THC-A/THC content at the pharm or just stop at 70% decarb, as stated earlier?

Thank You.

Ras Mason

Veteran
As far as boiling off the ethenol.. How long do yall do it for approximately? I know it's supposed to be whenever the bubblees become all small and consistently sized...but about how long does that take?
hey bud.
i beleive it is somewhere around 113f at -29.5 inches of mercury @sea level.
Make sure you scrubbed your ethanol into a fine fine (not dusty) portion of zeo-carb through a funnel (buchner if you can).
Hope that helps.
peace

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Alas my ignorance abounds...." Hey GW:

I am learning the differences between THC-A & THC and am trying to refine my technique.

I have read multiple times in this thread that for oral administration it is recommended that the precursor (kief, trim, etc) be decarboxylated.

I have also read elsewhere THC-A is effective in anti-tumor proliferation where THC has analgesic properties, among many other effects.

In specific cases, I am sure one would not want the psychoactive effects. Also, would one prefer to have the acidic form of the molecule for a more medicinal effect? Or even create a custom combination of THC-A/THC in varying ratios?

What are your thoughts? Have you tried to vary the THC-A/THC content at the pharm or just stop at 70% decarb, as stated earlier?

Thank You.

We preserve the THCA content in our vapor concentrates, but I prefer my orals at about 70% for mood improvement and partner Eloquentsolution, prefers her's at 100% or greater to deal with sleep issues using CBN.

At my age and level of wear and tear, sleep is seldom an issue, and an art that I'm highly practiced in, even standing on my feet, though I'm told that I am slack jawed and drooling when I do so.

Lots of theories on what does what, but what I know for sure is that in the almost a decade that we've donated free meds to cancer and other end of life patients, many lived longer than prognosed, or were cured.

I also know that we typically supplied the oral concentrates at 70% or greater decarboxylation.

We had one end of life colon cancer patient, whom they patched together and sent him home to put his affairs in order before we met him, with a prognosis of less than 60 days.

Alas, he couldn't take cannabis concentrate orally, without passing blood from where they had his insides patched together, or tolerate suppositories, but was able to drink juiced cannabis.

He lasted just over a year juicing, which is longer than some others that exhausted Western medicine first and were grasping for last straws using Cannabis did, soooo not sure how to view the anecdotal evidence, other than a heart breaker to see such a bright young man die despite his best efforts.

I'm a fan of Granny Storm Crow, and so here is a link, where they do examine both anecdotal and clinical evidence of what does what.

http://www.letfreedomgrow.com/cmu/GSCListJan2014CONDITIONS.pdf

If you do experiment with carboxylic acid in oral meds, do pay attention to natural decarboxylation through age, which will affect the oral potency with time.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok.. So im ready for my 2nd attempt.
I've got a half oz of some of that Megatron ��. And am going to extract using freeze method.

Im really unsure of what ratio to mix the oil and my ejuice. Id like to avoid wasting some exotic flower by diluting its Potency too much.
I'm thinking 30ml should be good.. Or should i mix 15 then test it?

Not as much as you might think, so you might start mixing low around 10% and add the hot oil to the hot e-juice until it stops mixing in.

Add enough fresh e-juice to dissolve the small amount that wouldn't dissolve, and voile!

You can get more in using an homogenizer, but it will fall out of solution with heat or cold.

woolybear

Veteran
This is my favorite hash making method now. Here's some ethanol hash I made with 30-60 day freezer cured rock star kush:

picture.php

same hash pressed at 330 degrees for a second:

picture.php

woolybear

Veteran
Nice nice pics. How did you get it to look like the first pic that looks great for topping off bowls and joints. Thanks for your help.

that is freshly scraped hash. after a few days it absorbs moisture from the air or something and turns into a solid block of shatter.

Latest posts

Latest posts