What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Quick ways to masks smells

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
Test strips? for ozone? didnt know there was such an animal, GP.. do you have links you can put up? and that $69 dolar one.. brand/model/link, please.

they don't like links so much around here so just...,

google 'amazing 1 ozone' for the ozone genny. first link, second item on page.

and 'ozone test strips' for the test strips....

i just needed to be sure they were when i had all my cabs running, as they were in the house.

Bread Maker :) First you get the yeasty fermenty smell then the great fresh bread smell. A little tamer than bacon and onions but might fit your diet a little better.

Noobian

Green is Gold
Veteran
Burn some scented candles..........Chicks love candles so it won't raise any eyebrows like incense might.

Burning incense is suspicious to you lol?

I know plenty of people that burn that stuff and don't smoke cannabis. Funny that just having incense is a "tip off" of some sort

HempHut

+1 for pot of coffee

Simple, ordinary and most people have what's needed -- keep a pot of coffee on. It's a real estate agent's trick to make the place seem homey when showing it and therefore make it more appealing to prospective buyers. Not to mention, you have guests, so keeping the coffee on should not seem unusual. I would not go for old stuff, though -- just a nice fragrant fresh pot -- brew a new one when it starts getting stale.

its strange that someone said to wash your carbon with water considering high humidity renders activated carbon useless. Never heard that one before. Whats wrong with replacing carbon? The pellet carbon is shit compared to the smaller grain kind.

growshopfrank

Veteran
i would go with the negative air pressure (with carbon) and whatever glade or febreze air freshener that i can stand that should do the trick without making anyone suspicious
P.S. keeping the humidity around 40-50% seems to help keep the smell down

Why do you think ozone gens are 'horrible'? IYM, vinegar may be better, OK, and it may be, but something else is 'horrible'? Open you mind my friend. Like you said, pros and cons.
I said "other than ozone gens". Excluding them in that sentence. English ain't my mothertongue, so maybe it is because of that. :tiphat:

thinkin

coffee and popcorn seem like a good quick fixes.
OR smoke a bowl right before they arrive.

longer term solution:
Grow a mint plant. Easy to grow. Just before visitors arrive, give them a shake or brush the leaves and fresh minty smell is the result. Practice your scrog for fun! Also good for ice tea.

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Take a bucket of hot water and dump in some Fabuloso that you can get at the dollar store for 3 bucks a bottle. Will last 4-5 days empty do it again all is well.

You will need to stir it every now and then but it is effective.

Mr.Wags

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Try frying up a big batch of squid... that's the smelliest food on the planet. It smells so bad, the flies will be on the screen door trying to get in lol.