What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Questions

StonedPone

I'm currently in the middle of flowering some sativa. 1 Malawi gold and 3 Namkading, all from RSC. I can't express how excited I am growing these strains, they definitely will take me back to what I originally started smoking way back when!
First, how does one know when to harvest a Sativa? I know about trichome colors but I recall reading that Sativa should go extra time after turning amber!?
If you add co2 to your tent, is it necessary to continue supplementing it during flowering?
Thanks!

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I'm currently in the middle of flowering some sativa. 1 Malawi gold and 3 Namkading, all from RSC. I can't express how excited I am growing these strains, they definitely will take me back to what I originally started smoking way back when!
First, how does one know when to harvest a Sativa? I know about trichome colors but I recall reading that Sativa should go extra time after turning amber!?
If you add co2 to your tent, is it necessary to continue supplementing it during flowering?
Thanks!
One good gauge is the recommendations from the breeder when one should harvest. However, there are a few factors that can make a difference like the amount of light or nutrient exposure. Every garden is different.

If you use extra CO2 during the flowering period when growing cannabis indoors, combined with the right amount of lighting (at least 12 hours of light), you'll get buds that are much thicker than usual and the obtained yield will be bigger. Google

StonedPone

Ok, thank you! So back to harvesting sativa, what's the consensus on when to harvest? Is it certain colors of the trichome? Or something else that I should be looking for?
In the case of the 2 strains I'm growing, there's little info on them. I only know to really keep an eye on Malawi gold because a few people here suggested 16-18 weeks. That gives me a nice time frame to work with. But Namkading is relatively new to RSC and Angus has explained, pretty well I might add, why not to expect a lot of details, hence why the question about what to look for to determine if it's harvest time!
Thanks again, you folks are awesome!