What's new

Questions for Sam the Skunkman on Hindu Kush Indicas

Ganico

Veteran
BH- I was reading about how the great S. American empires also used psychedelic cactus in religious ceremonies. Complete with tombs with shafts of light projecting onto statues or creating visual effects, and running water and various tunnels to create sound effects. Basically the "priests" would administer the cactus, and you'd line up and drink the cactus juice and enter one by one under it's effects and have miracle revelations, haha. Interesting use of psychedelics for societal control.

And well cannabis is not a hallucinogen,but "Christianity" in the formative years was heavily influenced by cannabis and was used many rites and ceremonies. (Kanehbos)

G

Yes, I've been to places inMexico that were designed as you say - to create an other worldly audio/visual experience. Christian catherdrals were built with similar goals in some ways, the whole idea of stained glass was to create coloured light and the feeling that God was present in this place.

Man has a very long history of using psychedelics in a number of ways. I believe our brains have actually evolved since the days of homo erectus and the first proto hominids to become adapted in some ways to be able to interact and utilise certain types of substances found in plants and animals. DMT for example, so many living things contain DMT, including our brains. Viking bezerkers would take fly agaric to enter their beserk state, siberian shamans also took fly agaric to commune with their god, the scythians and Greeks threw bundles of cannabis flowers onto fires in tents and inhaled the fumes. The legendary Oracle of Delphi in common with all the other oracles and mystics of the time was just a woman off her head on god knows what and the meso-American cultures used psychedelic mushrooms to commune with gods and spirits of their ancestors.

LSD in the 60s is far from the best example of a psychedelic having a huge effect on society, but it is the most recent. Many cultures have been far more drug-centred than California on the 60s, it's just mass media made Cali well known.

I mean, come on, what do you think this guy is holding?

az1.jpg

Probably Amanita Muscaria, this little fella, better known as fly agaric:

Fly_Agaric_Koli_Finland040824.jpg

Common Name: Fly Agaric, (Used by northern European tribes since the 13th century to kill flies; Agaric is Greek for a fungus named for the Sarmatian town of Agaria)

Scientific Name: Amanita muscaria (Derived from the Latin Amanos, a range of mountains dividing Cicilia from Syria and muscarius, relating to flies)

The Fly Agaric is common in almost every region of the northern hemisphere. It ranges in color from bright red (more common in the North) to yellow orange (Southern Appalachian variant), with white patches that are the remnants of the eggshell-like veil that encapsulates the mushroom when it first emerges.

Potpourri: The hallucinogenic properties of A. muscaria have been employed for centuries by various Eurasian peoples, most notably the Koryaks of the Kamchatka Peninsula and the Vikings. The Koryaks experienced an altered state of mind that they believed allowed them to talk to their gods and predict the future. On discovering that the substance responsible passed through the kidneys unaltered, they drank their own urine to extend the effect. Viking warriors were known as berserkers due to their propensity for fierce rages during battle, attributed to the consumption of A. muscaria.

The compounds responsible for the mind altering effects of Fly Agaric were identified in 1964 in laboratory experiments that involved killing flies and drugging mice. The compounds were named ibotenic acid and muscimol. The latter produces the inebriated state. The effects last for 6-8 hours and consist of visual distortions, loss of equilibrium, muscle twitching, and altered perceptions. The ibotenic acid partially converts to muscimol, the remainder passing through the kidneys, thus explaining the practices of the Koryaks in recovering the unconverted hallucinogen by drinking urine.

The Mayans certainly loved mushrooms, there mushrooms stones are nearly 3000 years old so man has been enjoyeing entering a alterred state for a very long time.

az2.jpg

So if the Mayans and others could have a rich, thriving culture and have psychedelics as a key part of that culture, why do governments today tell us they are such a bad thing?

Last edited:
V

vod

So if the Mayans and others could have a rich, thriving culture and have psychedelics as a key part of that culture, why do governments today tell us they are such a bad thing?

Coz they don't want us to have a rich, thriving culture? Nah, it's just moral panic. Fear of the unknown combined with the belief that people can't take care of themselves and need the guidance of the elite/state.

G

Someone say ACIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!

Been there and DONE that 1000 times atleast..........................

Now im into SHROOMS a much more natural aproach,and not
so long lasting!!!...check my sig folks.....also you didnt mention
AYAHUASCA componants witch is where you get the DMT buzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
Got some plants growing of the vine and leaf,plus mescaline cacti san padros...
Have harvested Hawaian baby rosewood seeds and tripped,got many plants!!!
NOW your getting into a vast area of knowlege in ethnobotanicals folks YAH!!!!!!!
So letsssssss trippppppp.........to my lou my darlingsssssssssss........... :laughing:

Offtopic but what the heck!!!
Gotta love my outdoor shrooms,they WILL make you think......
:jump:

Last edited:
G

guest3854

Tha way it was written , I would assume you would possibly know .
"Northern Lights #2 (Hindu Kush )" . This was from tha Seed Bank catalog
I know you brought tha Hindu Kush to NL , just not this one ........? Northern Lights #1 "Resinous , potent and sweet , not nasty and acrid like some ghanis ." Did you have anythang to do with this as well ?

I know you said that you didn't have anything to do with tha Northern lights but in parenthasis is says Hindu Kush . I just want to get it completely straight .

Steele

dkmonk

Very nice lou im also very interested in psychedelics but there is no place to get them around here and i thought about growing mushrooms but it seems like it requires a lot of sterilization and im not a very clean or sterile person. A little off topic, but im interested in what your doing w/ growing the vines that shamans use for ayahuasca, and i thought it took a long time before you could harvest psychedelic cacti and trip.

JLP

Veteran
If as many people had full blown freak outs and bad trips from watching tv as they do from taking acid then tv would be illegal and the only place you would be able to get tv would be from some sketchy guy in a VW bus.

Nice Mushies Lou,bigger than most.

JLP

Last edited:

bird

wow lou been read ya threads a while never knew you are a trippn nut like me. kool shit man. was ya handle on shroomry been there a while too jus forgot password lol. ohh and nice shroom box ya got there.

oldtoker

ah man jlp sweet pic, its kinda trippy to think how many times i probley could of saw something in the birds lol.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
British_Hempire,
"Probably Amanita Muscaria, this little fella, better known as fly agaric:"

Are you sure that the Mayan's ate Amanita Muscaria? Do you have any proof?

-SamS

Ganico

Veteran
I would think the Mayans most likely had psilocybes, and if so I'd doubt they'd be talking about amanitas at all, but this is all just my speculation. Not even sure if they had Amanitas or not. Seems like a lot of Europeans think of Fly Agaric when they think of "shrooms" though, for whatever reason. We always just thought they were poisonous, not psychedelic. Maybe they are toxic enough to cause hallucinations though, not really sure. Regardless I don't think they have any psilocybin

Last edited:
G

No proof at all, just guessing from the shape of those Mayan mushroom stones, wasn't me that made the link, just repeated it from a quick googling. I'm no expert on the mycology of Latin America and don't claim to be. I've got a couple of Peruvian Torch cactuses I'm impatiently trying to grow nice and big tho.

I'm too young to have been able to experience good quality acid. Sure, we had some interesting forms of LSD in the early & mid 90s - Purpe hearts, green window panes and black microdots, but having grown up in a place where psilocybe semilanceata fruit for a full 3 months of the year, maybe more some years and grow on just about every patch of grass, I was never all that interested in LSD as I have always greatly enjoyed psilocybin mushrooms and prefer the smoother, less intense effects and shorter duration. Still, 200 freshly picked shrooms brewed into a tea has given me a very strong visual trip many times and I find I can control and enjoy my hallucinations much more than with LSD, although I have to say I've probably never had quality LSD. I was crawling round in the fields picking shrooms then eating a hadful or too and lying on a hilltop staring at the clouds long before I ever smoked pot. I think 75% of my age group ate shrooms at least once when we were young. Hardly anyone I know has continued eating them into adulthood though.

G

Your thinking SAM!!!!!

Your thinking SAM!!!!!

Sam_Skunkman said:
British_Hempire,
"Probably Amanita Muscaria, this little fella, better known as fly agaric:"

-SamS
Ah ha good question SAM,i think the amanitas live in a simbiotic
relation with high mountain coniferes(Evergreen trees) growing under them!

THose shrooms the mayans eat where probily equatorin psylicibes haha!!!
Hell cubies grow all over the world,its amazing and a really cool hobby....

Did you say BIG SHROOMS JLP,gotta show you my real BIGGIES!!!!!
We need a subforum for shrooms maybe and ill teach folks,its only natural..
Hope you have been to the shroomery,my handle is bluelou................
im imortalized in the outdoorgrowing forum there and everybody loves me!!
Sorry for the offtopic SAM this is a Hawaiian cube,you eat this an talk to GOD.

Believe me you DONT wanna eat to much go with an inch of a fresh stem and work up if you like from there!

Now back to the Topic maybe folks!
:jump:

G

That looks like one hell of a shroom Lou.

This is what we have here, no cubensis just psilocybe semilanceata. friend sent me a load of psilocybe Bohemica from the Czech Republic last year. Those were similar but a tad more potent and the effect a bit more speedier.

DSC07038.jpg

DSC07039.jpg

DSC07040.jpg

bird

ima stay off topic for a sec and say damn at that shroom lou. massive. and that a good idea to shoot to gypsy or dutch. bout the sub shroom room. lol cuz theys more than a handful of shroomers here. and reason to make a new nick on shroomery.
yall dont trip to hard now and stay green n safe
peace

V

vod

I'm sure they didn't. They ate psylocybin schrooms.

I would think the Mayans most likely had psilocybes, and if so I'd doubt they'd be talking about amanitas at all, but this is all just my speculation. Not even sure if they had Amanitas or not. Seems like a lot of Europeans think of Fly Agaric when they think of "shrooms" though, for whatever reason. We always just thought they were poisonous, not psychedelic. Maybe they are toxic enough to cause hallucinations though, not really sure. Regardless I don't think they have any psilocybin

Amanitas have no psylocybin. Ibotenic acid and muscimol are the active components.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/amanitas/amanitas.shtml

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms.shtml

there is a wealth of knowledge in the internet.

G

Cool talks folks but back to the topic we go.....

Cool talks folks but back to the topic we go.....

Hey SAM???

Just wanna show a nice afghan from nirvana seeds!
To me she is a pretty good rep of the ganni,many that
i can choose from in the gene pool yet to be worked?

Where did these genetics come from,your Afghan#1 SAM?

Nirvana does F2's but from what?
Got the seeds in 2003 and im gonna do a big grow next fall to find a keeper!

G

I've got a Mexican and a Jamaican, both fantastic, no idea if they are pure or have been polluted by indica of hybrid genes or even indica or hybrid genes acclimatised to the area. I'm bringing some samples of both to the Cup so I'm hoping someone who has experience with Mexican and Jamaican varieties can offer some advice as to whether they are the real deal or not. To be honest, it's not all that important as they are both great smokes, buit it would be nice to know what they really are.

C

cway

Hiya B_H

Hiya B_H

Hello there.. I dont think that we have met yet.. its a pleasure to meet your aquaintence.. In response to your last post I have some Oaxacan Seeds that I picked up in one trip back home years back. My good friend just got back from Durango Mexico and brought back some seeds as well.. I have read that this is a hot spot of High THC cannabis in Mexico and I am curious to see what sprouts... I have grown out the Oaxaca and they are your typical Sativa Flowers with nice flavour and high but not very potent. Good Daytime Herb though.. The wierd thing is that they appear to have Indica in them. I believe this is due to the fact the Cartels in Mexico have tried to upgrade thier genetics and increase amount of Harvest in a year by adding in some Indica Genetics. Truth be told that If they just paid more attention to their cultivation and harvest methods the this would suffice. Anyhow just thought that I would chime in..

Sam, Do you have any exp with Durango Cannabis?

Last edited: