What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

questions for Sam Skunkman on terpenes

T

TheForgotten

FYI, air composition stays the same until you reach the ozone layer. CO2 is not increased at altitude.

You know how the air gets 'thin' at altitude, and contains less oxygen? What do you think it contains more of?

One should not go spreading false information willingly, or ignorantly....

I had always thought co2 was heavy and was higher near the floor, or ground.
it is/does....

https://www.co2meter.com/blogs/news/127454855-altitude-compensation-for-co2-sensor-modules

Here at CO2Meter, our rule of thumb is that the CO2 level at altitude will change about 3% for every 1,000 feet (300m). At 5,000 feet, that would be 400ppm less 15%, or about 340ppm.Mar 1, 2016

Fitzera

You know how the air gets 'thin' at altitude, and contains less oxygen? What do you think it contains more of?

One should not go spreading false information willingly, or ignorantly....

it is/does....

https://www.co2meter.com/blogs/news/127454855-altitude-compensation-for-co2-sensor-modules

Here at CO2Meter, our rule of thumb is that the CO2 level at altitude will change about 3% for every 1,000 feet (300m). At 5,000 feet, that would be 400ppm less 15%, or about 340ppm.Mar 1, 2016

Best you take your own advice and drink a big ass cup of it!

"Although the density of the atmosphere changes with altitude, the composition stays the same with altitude, with one exception. In the ozone layer, at about 20 km to 40 km above the surface, there is a greater concentration of ozone molecules than in other portions of the atmosphere."

The air being "thinner" is based on density and not composition.

In a space that is artificially filled with c02, it will settle lower because there is so much more of it. It does not work this way outside...if it did wed all be dead from lack of oxygen

CaptainDankness

By outcrossing to a hemp strain I was led to believe. Then back crossing to create Cannatonic. The CBD came from hemp Cap
It was not from hemp according to Shantibaba, he never specified where the CBD strain came from but he did say it was not from hemp. I suspect it was probably Morrocan as one of the girls working for Resin Seeds mentioned some Morrocan hash had higher levels of CBD.

Not too mention the post I made a page or two back showing higher levels of CBD in some hash from Lebanon, Morroco and India. That information was from the Israelis so I believe it is true.

T

TheForgotten

If i have been misinformed i will be sure to apologize to DC....

lemmegolookatsomesciencetightnow
Best you take your own advice and drink a big ass cup of it!

"Although the density of the atmosphere changes with altitude, the composition stays the same with altitude, with one exception. In the ozone layer, at about 20 km to 40 km above the surface, there is a greater concentration of ozone molecules than in other portions of the atmosphere."

The air being "thinner" is based on density and not composition.

In a space that is artificially filled with c02, it will settle lower because there is so much more of it. It does not work this way outside...if it did wed all be dead from lack of oxygen

herbgreen

Veteran
>>>WARNING OFF TOPIC COPY/PASTE WARNING<<<<<<

Does altitude affect co2 levels?

The volume percentage of CO2 in the air remains almost constant with increasing elevation (apart from local modifications near the ground). Consequently its partial pressure or concentration (mass per volume) decreases as the barometric pres- sure falls with increasing altitude.

Is there less oxygen at higher altitudes?

At high altitudes, oxygen molecules are further apart because there is less pressure to "push" them together. This effectively means there are fewer oxygen molecules in the same volume of air as we inhale. In scientific studies, this is often referred to as "hypoxia".

And Read THis!

JOURNAL ARTICLE

Availability of Carbon Dioxide for Photosynthesis at High Altitudes: Theoretical Considerations

Abstract

Contrary to current opinion, the reduction of the availability of carbon dioxide for phytosynthesis with increasing altitude, due to reduced barometric pressure, is only very small. The increased rate of diffusion of CO"2 in air with altitude compensates for the effect of its lower partial pressure. The relation between CO"2 availability and barometric pressure depends also on the characteristics of the plant's CO"2-uptake mechanism and on the prevailing air temperature.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/1934239?seq=1

:biggrin:

herbgreen

Veteran
It was not from hemp according to Shantibaba, he never specified where the CBD strain came from but he did say it was not from hemp. I suspect it was probably Morrocan as one of the girls working for Resin Seeds mentioned some Morrocan hash had higher levels of CBD.

Not too mention the post I made a page or two back showing higher levels of CBD in some hash from Lebanon, Morroco and India. That information was from the Israelis so I believe it is true.

Apparently its Reina Madre x NYC Diesel

Reina Madre aka Queen Mother (Delicatessen) La Reunion x {Unknown Sativa x Congo #1}

NYC Diesel (soma)

Resin Seeds

Updated Information: We are happy to announce that we can finally and officially clear up the controversy of the mess that was the lineage of our CBD queen, Cannatonic. Not MK-Ultra x G13 as we assumed before, we now know that the real genetics of Cannatonic are Reina Madre x NYCD.

grayeyes

Not that I enjoy snotty posts but I have to point out that it seems nearly every week if not several times a week posters call on the Sage Advice of Sam Skunkman. If you were to bug me every week about idiotic questions I don't think I would be forthcoming with info for you.

Just a thought.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
OK, fair enough, but would you feel comfortable telling us some of the strains you like that have what you consider to be the right terpenes and why?

..... and to be totally fair to you, if you choose, just discuss strains created by you and your associates.:tiphat:

Here's the list of sam's crosses from the Breeders Retail Catalogue:

Ancestral Skunk #1
Thai/Haze x Skunk #1
Sleestack x Skunk #1
Original Haze x Skunk #1
Haze#5 x Original Haze/Skunk #1
Haze/Mexican x Original Haze/Skunk#1
White Widow x Skunk #1
White Rhino x Skunk #1
Pot of Gold x Hindu Kush (FEM)

There is little information on the methods employed
for any given cross regarding testing and viability.

Parental lineage is known, but seldom discussed. sam
keeps such information to himself.

For example, what White Rhino was used for the cross
White Rhino x Skunk #1

But if you study the cultivars employed by sam,
one can gather his preferences of terpene profiles.

Availability is uncertain, but the seeds are out there.

GlandualFever

a good ol cut'n'paste may clear things up. Im sure i read hemp, but doesnt seem the case:

"what no one says is that Cannatonic it's also just a pheno of another strain from a third seedbank and not MK Ultra X G13 like they say lol. Resin Seeds (and by extension all the people working with those genetics and spreading bullshit all over the world) are just making cash from the original strains discovered by the Spanish seedbank Reggae Seeds, they were the first guys who found those rare CBD phenos in their strains (Dub, Dancehall, Juanita) and started working with them in 2004-2006. They were crosses made from a CBD rich NYC Diesel male (Soma Seeds) and Queen Mother strain (Delicatessen Seeds).

Later in 2008 Jaime from Resin seeds got 7000 seeds from them (via Alex, who was Soma's son-in-law) and from there, they selected a few CBD rich phenotypes and named them Cannatonic and Dulce Canna, but they were simply phenos of Dancehall or Dub strains from Reggae Seeds. Time after that, he also founded CBD Crew with Shantiblabla and they started hyping up all the CBD bullshit.

Same with medical projects like Tikum Olam in Israel. They simply got packs from Jaime, first some Cannatonic packs and later 300 feminised seeds of Z6 and Z7. They used all those strains to select Avi-Dekel (16.3% CBD), Midnight (12.4 % CBD), El-Na (6.5 %CBD) or Rafael (18.6% CBD) but they are in fact simply different phenotypes of the same plants. They haven't been doing any super special scientific breeding or anything like that, just growing those seeds they got from Jaime.

So the sad thing is that the ones taking the credit by all this CBD trend are not even the strain creators but just some greedy guys making he most from the trend and other people's work. It's always the same old story, even though Reggae Seeds were also working with stuff from others (Delicatessen Seeds and Soma) already instead of doing proper breeding with landraces or their own genetics.

Summary of the first years of the CBD Wave and some of the mains things:

Jimi, breeder of Reggae Seeds starts the wave in 2004 with a New York City Diesel Male with CBD that uses to create Juanita la lagrimosa, Kalijah and more strains, in the second step he creates in 2006 Dancehall, Dub, Session and more strains. In 2008 he gives to Alex Soma 5000 Dub and 2000 Dancehall (still not payed). Alex gives to Jaime (Resin Seeds) and say him that was MK Ultra x G13 Haze, Jaime select Cannatonic and Freeman selects Dieseltonic and Dulce Canna, we believe the 3 plants are genotypes of Dancehall. Jaime gets a prize in High Times Cannabis Cup 2008 and make the analysis in Canna stand during Spannabis 2009 discovering the CBDWave. In 2009 and 2010 Jaime makes the first CBD genetics marketing campaign. Jaime and Shantibaba create CBD Crew to offer a whole range of CBD genetics. Later other seedbanks made collaborations with them to create true CBD genetics. In 2011 Soft Secrets writes “Cannatonic y Juanita la verdadera historia”, first and only time that Jimi and Jaime explains the truth about this genetics.
Hello friends ...

I am breeder in Spain and collaborate with Resin seeds and I can tell you a little about this story. I'm friends with Jaime (Resin seeds) and Jimi (Reggae seeds), and so are they. It is an area of great cannabis movement and some took a few years in this job and enjoy good friendship.

In Spain and this story is known perfectly. The story you tell in the official version, which has a lot of truth about the CBD, but not completely. Jaime did not create the seed bank seeds Resin, he bought the seed bank Alex (Soma) and he told many delusions about genetic and today still generate bad reputations. At first it was a bullshit authentic. The seeds had many problems and gradually Jaime to trying to improve genetics. Now in 2015 the catalog will be changed and the real origin of Cannatonic and new lines to be launched will be explained. Jaime is a person of great reputation in Spain was among the first people in Spain in setting up a Grow Shop. Here in Spain many have learned from Jaime.

Following the CBD, Jimi is a great lover of cannabis and through an intersection with a male NYD Soma and Queen Mother elite clone Mario Bellandi (breeder Delicatessen). In this story there are people who say it is not true: Nobody seen male NYD that Jimi used to make the crossing, some suspect it is the same clone reversed Soma of NYD (feno Tangie) crossed Queen Mother. Anyway, Jimi is partitiioned several seeds. At that time neither sought varieties CBD at crossings.

At the same time Jimi sold some seeds to Jaime, he was willing to renew the genetics of Resin seeds. With the seeds you bought did several tests where the first selections were tested and demonstrated for the first time that these strains contain CBD. From there, the works were opened. Jaime was able to find a dominant phenotype the transmission of CBD (homozygous)Dulce Canna, and subsequently allowed to create CBD Crew with Shantibaba., For the Jimi time not been achieved. CBD its varieties, are recessive transmission in CBD and therefore not all the copies contain CBD, or contain it in varied ratios. Jimi has more artisan techniques work and their progress is slower in this regard.

Jaime, to find this phenotype was the first to adapt GW Pharmaceutical studies on the inheritance of quimitipo of cannabiones in Cannbis Sativa L. It is therefore subsequently developed CBD Crew. Jaime found in pure quimitipo copy of CBD, and this allows him to cross with plants quimitipo pure THC (the vast majority), thus achieving stability in the ratios of the offspring. Being very close to them, I think Jimi seek not the commercial development of high hybrids in CBD. His work in more craftsman. Combining genetic looking for new flavors. Jaime, on the other hand, could see commercial posibidades of conCBD varieties and quickly went to work at it, working with the Foundation Canna (Holland) that helped them is their project. It is also true that Jaime was in Olam Tikum facilities and repartitioned some seeds of his early work with CBD, variety Avidekel took the stage after the visit of Jaime Israel. I created it can not be customized in breeding work with the cannabis plant. It is thanks to the work of all that can be enjoyed today from a large number of different and very useful varieties.

I hope I have clarified something about this topic ...

Good vibes!!!"

T

TheForgotten

Using data can be done 2 ways, applied as stated, and applied fitting stated circumstances.
Stating availability to plants at altitude as evidence is in error because use does not have a direct correlation to availability.

Consequently its partial pressure or concentration (mass per volume) decreases as the barometric pressure falls with increasing altitude.

SO, co2 concentrations do change with altitude, that's why sensors are calibrated for altitude.

A CO2 sensor calibrated at 400ppm at sea level would read 400(623/760) or 332ppm. Here at CO2Meter, our rule of thumb is that the CO2 level at altitude will change about 3% for every 1,000 feet (300m). At 5,000 feet, that would be 400ppm less 15%, or about 340ppm.Mar 1, 2016

Altitude Compensation for CO2 Sensor Modules | CO2Meter ...

However, i was wrong. The concentrations of oxygen and co2 remain constant with altitude, and only decrease because of pressure variances.

I'm sorry DC, i was wrong. Especially for showing attitude about altitude....:biggrin:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Exactly what it 'does' contain... which is more space between the molecules. For future reference, I'm extremely intelligent and very well read. Though not always correct, I try to stick with posting information on topics I know fairly well.
:tiphat:

T

TheForgotten

Exactly what it 'does' contain... which is more space between the molecules. For future reference, I'm extremely intelligent and very well read. Though not always correct, I try to stick with posting information on topics I know fairly well.
:tiphat:

I'm sorry man, i'm not as smart as i thought i was.... :dance013:

I thought oxygen was replaced with carbon dioxide.....

Latest posts

Latest posts