What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Questions about cannabis

scottelyaxe

Currently living in Virginia, how does the process work if you want to sell to a vendor as a grower? Is it like the other big legit states? I know earlier this year a month or so ago Virginia decided to remove cannabis products from there store or that's what it said on the news they where planning to do? Can a person still process and sell to a vendor currently? If you get a medical license can you sell that to a vendor? Thanks to all.

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Good question friend.

Is selling weed a felony in VA?
Distribution or sale of marijuana 1oz or less is a Class 1 misdemeanor – punishable by up to 12 months in jail and a $2,500.00 fine. Distribution or sale of marijuana more than 1 oz but less than 5 lbs is a Class 5 felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison.

How to Get a Cannabis License in Virginia. To get a cannabis dealing, processing, or cultivation license in Virginia, you need to submit an application for a Pharmaceutical Processor license to the Board of Pharmacy. You will pay an initial application fee of $10,000 at the time of the application submission. Google

scottelyaxe

Good question friend.

Is selling weed a felony in VA?
Distribution or sale of marijuana 1oz or less is a Class 1 misdemeanor – punishable by up to 12 months in jail and a $2,500.00 fine. Distribution or sale of marijuana more than 1 oz but less than 5 lbs is a Class 5 felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison.

How to Get a Cannabis License in Virginia. To get a cannabis dealing, processing, or cultivation license in Virginia, you need to submit an application for a Pharmaceutical Processor license to the Board of Pharmacy. You will pay an initial application fee of $10,000 at the time of the application submission. Google

Hello thanks for the reply. I did indeed read all that on the Virginia site. I noticed it says you can also get a Medical license for PTSD, Seizures, pain, other stuff. My main question is once you get a license for that can you use that medical license to sell to the shops? Or can only a normal license do that? Thanks.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hello thanks for the reply. I did indeed read all that on the Virginia site. I noticed it says you can also get a Medical license for PTSD, Seizures, pain, other stuff. My main question is once you get a license for that can you use that medical license to sell to the shops? Or can only a normal license do that? Thanks.
That's a good question. No, you can't sell your weed back to the shops with just a personal medical license. I wished you could.

k-s-p

Veteran
Yes unfortunately Virginia is following the model that most other states and commonwealths are following, i.e. structuring the regulations to favor large corporate interests. 10k plus another 60k to get your licenses. Also restricting the number of licenses. I love SW VA and thinking about moving back that way. How nice it would be if a small time broke ass grower could become a small time legal grower.

edited to add the song

Last edited: