What's new

Question Would my sons 10/22 Ruger varmit rifle

Sai

Get me into more trouble for (firearm during a felony law) if something were to happen with a grow and they found it . its not a AR or pistol . shoots 22.LR ,just a wally world gun. its a hunting rifle

CaptainTal

If you can prove it is his, you MAY not have a problem. It is illegal to possess a firearm if you are using or "addicted" to illicit Scheduled drugs. Recently, a special ruling was made to ensure that even state authorized medical cannabis users are prohibited from owning or possessing firearms of any kind.

According to a memo from the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, it is illegal for him or any registered medical-marijuana patient to own or possess firearms or ammunition.

The letter written by ATF Assistant Director Arthur Herbert to all federal firearms licensees gave them guidance on what to do if a firearms customer reveals that he or she is a medical-marijuana patient.

According to the letter, "any person who uses or is addicted to marijuana, regardless of whether his or her state has passed legislation authorizing marijuana use for medicinal purposes, is an unlawful user of or addicted to a controlled substance, and is prohibited by federal law from possessing firearms or ammunition."

Sai

Ok fellas hes only 10 so I guess not good idea to keep it here ill take it to my parents

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
It's just 5 more years, Relax.... free heath care in prison too!

Cali -Penal Code 12022 PC -- Being armed with a firearm or using a dangerous or deadly weapon during the commission of a felony

Montana- Each gun carries a mandatory minimum sentence with the first carrying 5 years and each additional gun carrying 25 years. It doesn’t even matter what kind of gun they are. Any gun found on premises carries the same penalty, even if it was used for hunting, recreational shooting, or just an antique.

Washington - One count, possessing a firearm in furtherance of a drug crime, means RODRIGUEZ faces an additional five years in prison on top of the sentence for the drug trafficking convictions.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Get me into more trouble for (firearm during a felony law) if something were to happen with a grow and they found it . its not a AR or pistol . shoots 22.LR ,just a wally world gun. its a hunting rifle

I am one of the most pro gun people you will ever meet. KEEP THAT GUN OUT OF THE HOUSE. It should not be near a plant or money or any weed over a quarter ounce. put it in a public storage unit or a friends house.

(a little off topic but serves to the bigger picture)
The government is FASCIST. They use the drug war as a way to remove the second amendment rights of people that can think for themselves. Disobeying them to grow a plant is just the indicator that you are a real free thinking patriot to the USA and not their corporate owned plutocratic police state. It is proof you are not a poser bitch, and even if you get busted, as long as you stay quiet and don't rat out people then you are a real patriot to human rights, and should be proud.

If they ever institute the death penalty or life sentence for weed as Newt Gingrich intended than I will bring the guns back into my house, along with a very lethal system of traps and escape tunnels. At that point killing swat cops is just, and they deserve it because at that point they are real 100 % nazi's. In fact I think most of them deserve to die already, but I don't know which ones. some cops are in LE.A.P. but have no choice about raiding your house, but are nice people and would not hurt you. I would not want to hurt them. There are some good cops in the mix. They should quit, but they are like most American slaves. They have to work because of debt.

Staying debt free is real freedom. It means the private sector or public sector have no control over you. It means you may have to be a bit of a transcendentalist; but obtaining the ability to tell every form of authority to fuck off, i don't need you, is priceless.

Except for a drivers license, I am off the fucking grid. I have everything that most people with 200,000 dollars debt have and I have zero debt. I also have almost zero credit. If I want something I buy it cash. The government and corporations hate me for being a free individual.

A friend of mine stopped theives from taking thier outdoor crop. He held them at gunpoint until the cops came. The cops didnt give a shit that he had a gun nor did they care he was growing pot outside. Cops only checked his gun made sure it was regisitered. Did not want to see his med. rec. nor did they want to see the plants....
I say its a grey area....just like growing its a grey area....I think it depends on the circumstance. If your raided, then your more then likely doing to much. And if your radied having firearms may be a no no.
I will say this, If your growing for profit which I know alot of people are, then I would stay away from firearms.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^med county/state police. the rare good ones. Federal police are the ones that I am speaking of. I shoulda have been more clear.

Drift13

It does not matter who the gun belongs to. If it is in the house and you have access to it & being a felon they can/will arrest. I know of several felons that have gone to jail over someone else gun. When I go and visit someones home & I know they have guns there I ask them to secure them. I ain't taking any chances.

Sorry just reread org. ?? wrong anwer but still relates if you know a felon.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got rid of my hunting shotgun a few years ao after being scared by the stupid laws. Then one day I read here, "Better to serve two then be carried by six." In fact serving almost any time is better then being dead. Now you have to weigh out how much risk do you feel you are at? Guns are good at stopping random acts of violence without weed being involved, add weed and your risk go higher. Are we talking personal meds? Commercial production?

After reading that I went out and got me a Springfield .45 XDM, she is locked cocked and ready to rock 24/7 and is within arms reach every night. I am not giving up my right to bear arms for nothing, take it from my cold dead hands.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am a hunter. If anyone is braking into my house I am going out the opposite direction and posting up in a prone position for the purpose of observation. then I wait for them to leave and follow them. Then I scope out there house for few weeks. Then, I'll go back with a nice quality deer rifle and blow their fucking heads off their shoulders from over 100 yards away. fuck them.

...or if there is not a clean shot at a distance then they get it with a cross bow from a shadow at night. either way, I would hunt them like a predator hunts prey.

siddhartha

I wouldn't do extra time for a 10/22. I love mine, favorite gun actually. Add a 12 or 20 ga with some #3 buck. If they are kicking down your door you are screwed anyways. If a tweaked out meth addict comes around I will do some extra time, but my family will be safe.
Sidd

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
So don't get busted.. Right. I think if the LEO does it there, like they do it here your gonna lose your kid. The gun might be the least of your worries, I'd make sure if you are that worried about all of the above, you should have 25K stashed for an attorney.
gun laws are one of the reasons I don't get a card.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran

You are just giving them plea bargaining leverage hate to say it.

G

Guest 226076

maybe it is time we stop giving up all our rights.i am hadicapped, how am i suppose to protect myself from the dirtbags?9mm.happy trails......................

No kids, guns, hookers or blow at the grow...and no havin fun either I guess