What's new

Question: Shooting Powder- Why dose it in the last few weeks of flowering?

maryanne3087

this is from the Humboldt Wholesale website:

"Here's the trick: Fill a one gallon container (like an old bottled water or cleaned out milk jug) 2/3 full with luke-warm water and add one sachet of Shooting Powder to it. The Shooting Powder will fizz and bubble. Wait for the fizzing to slow, and then top off the water. Put the lid on the container and shake to ensure the Shooting Powder is fully dissolved. This gallon is now an impromptu Shooting Powder concentrate.

Now, you can add 151ml of your new Shooting Powder concentrate per gallon of feed water! It's just that easy."

there ya go

The shooting powder comes in a 65 gr bag and the dosage for the whole bag is 100L or 25metric gals or 26.4 US gals let's just call it a metric gal since L are metric. Since the bag is already dissolved into 1gal of water it's left to be distributed to 24 metric gals. If you dose 151ml per gal of water you're going to have 7.625 gals. What you would want is to split the 1gal into 24 or 25 equal parts (for simplicity) which would be 40ml doses not 151ml doses. If it was the final two weeks it it would be 80ml doses. 40ml doses = 265 ppm increase a 151ml dose is nearly 4 times stronger! That's adding 1000 ppms of nothing but P and K to your plants.

djstiks

The shooting powder comes in a 65 gr bag and the dosage for the whole bag is 100L or 25metric gals or 26.4 US gals let's just call it a metric gal since L are metric. Since the bag is already dissolved into 1gal of water it's left to be distributed to 24 metric gals. If you dose 151ml per gal of water you're going to have 7.625 gals. What you would want is to split the 1gal into 24 or 25 equal parts (for simplicity) which would be 40ml doses not 151ml doses. If it was the final two weeks it it would be 80ml doses. 40ml doses = 265 ppm increase a 151ml dose is nearly 4 times stronger! That's adding 1000 ppms of nothing but P and K to your plants.

wouldn't this be easier? 65 grams per bag for 25 gallons? 65 grams divide that by 25. that comes out to 2.6 grams per gallon? correct me if i'm wrong?

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
thats what made the most sense to me as well, 26 grams to 10 gallons. havent had any issues yet after 2+ weeks

gardenbug

Anyone end up trying the shooting powder early?
I've had the same question as the original post after the first time I used it. Seems like earlier would be better. After that first time I ended up with half ripe half new growth so I haven't messed with it since.

Anyone end up trying the shooting powder early?
I've had the same question as the original post after the first time I used it. Seems like earlier would be better. After that first time I ended up with half ripe half new growth so I haven't messed with it since.

i think the key is timing Top Booster right, i know HG has said that on a 10 wk strain you can start TB in wk 5 (probably all strain dependent, biggest thing is knowing your strain and when it needs what)

and as i understand it, TB boosts aggressive flower getting the plant ready to start the swell with shooting powder

you wouldnt want the plant to start shutting down and trying to mature for finish too early, also make sure you use SP all the way to the end like it says.. when i stopped using it early my plants stopped swelling so quick, waited a couple of days and decided to go back to using it and immediately my nugs started maturing again

I think a "motivator" of pk in the beginning of flower can be a good thing depending on your strain. My buddy Sir just showed me some super frosty stuff that had a pre pk in the 1st week of flower. I have run house and gardens for years now and ive never used their pk boosters. M.O.A.B. is the shit but to each there own. I think its not harmful if your light with the feeding. I bet your frost will go up too! Good luck

I have a monster of an autoflower plant. I used top booster for 3 days on day 37 and 3 more days on day 50.

It was supposed to finish in 70 days, now it's looking more like 100+. Should i add my shooting powder (actually top shooter but same thing) on my next feeding half strength, or wait another week? I figure they need 30-40 more days to finish. What do you think based on these pics?

Attachments

• IMG_0270.jpg
    IMG_0270.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0266.jpg
    IMG_0266.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0268.jpg
    IMG_0268.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Latest posts