What's new

Question on Pollen Production

jump117

Veteran
Q: CS on seeds

Q: CS on seeds

I already used CS as the antiseptic for treating the ulcer of stem, caused by the deposit of salts.
CS dried this ulcer and plant it satisfactorily wears out its seeds.

Now I think about what will happen in addition to antisepsis if we apply CS to the seeds.

What if :
- to spray on seeds with CS in the course of preparation for the storage,
- to drown seeds in CS before the sprouting,
- to impregnate RW cube in CS before planting.

jump117

Veteran
You sprayed 10 days on 24/0 and 21 days on 12/12. Total 31 days. The same as my 30 days.
The difference besides strain is that I started spraying at early flowering that is weeks later in comparison with yours, and probably this weeks were wasting the time.
Have you noticed the start of the flowering? Will you describe it plz.
Will be very interesting to compare the dates of the first pollen appearance.

so far it simply looks like a true male more or less with all balls no bananas i have seen no pollen yet and no open balls i really hope it happens quick the next week or two would be optimal. i will post when pollen is seen. as for seeds and cs the only use i can see is for sterilizing the seeds and medium there going in to. cs does kill many species of bacteria and fungus. then again h202 can do this as well but h202 breaks down quickly where the cs would remain active longer killing undesirable pathogens worth a try.

terry the trich

Just a couple of thoughts .. what would happen if you returned the silver electrodes into the stored colloidal silver for a few minutes? Maybe the reason that the PPM drops, could be that the silver ions lose their positive charge and sink to the bottom? And maybe with a few minutes brewing again, they could be recharged bringing the PPM back up to the original levels?

Also when storing colloidal silver in a dark place, if you leave the bottle open it can breathe and water can evaporate bringing the PPM levels higher as it is reduced.

I dont have a PPM meter so i cant test the recharge idea out unfortunately, but its got to be worth a try just to see.

I'm using a 9v square battery to make my CS.It turns a pink colour then a dark brown and then by the next morning its clear with the silver film on the surface with tails on the negative electrode, black sediment and is actually starting to silver plate part of the inside of the jar.

jump117

Veteran
40th day

40th day

bicycle racer,
first seedlind failed by fungus, soaked 6 in CS.

terry the trich,
as they say ions stick to metal particles and drown, yes the solution may be recharged, the metal particles have to be filtered off, when they make CS in a lab they use centrifuge filtration.

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Has anyone tried using Dutchmaster's Penetrator mixed with their c/s solution? My last c/s attempt failed to produce pollen (most likely my fault for not spraying several times a day), so I'm wondering if the Penetrator will help with absorbtion. Thanks guys!

Yaay! I ended up finding 1 mature seed from my c/s treated hawaiian hybrid! Hopefully, if there's one seed, there's more:dance013:

there are almost always more. funny thing i was in my grow today and noticed balls on my tahoe and on my skywalker and was like 'fuck herms' but then i remembered i sprayed those plants 3 times maybe in veg over a month ago and low and behold i have balls here and there. so if your solution is good you can spray a little and get some flowers some balls or go spray crazy and have a pure male like my larry. also the blue dream is making balls as well so out of 4 sprayed 4 are producing balls.

jump117

Veteran
41st day

41st day

Six SK fem seeds were drown in CS before the planting into RW impregnated in CS.

Has anyone tried using Dutchmaster's Penetrator mixed with their c/s solution? ..
They say in a description -"Ingredients - Monopotassium phosphate" (!?).
Excess of P may cause Cu blocking, like Ag do but its pH4,4-4,7.
In the same time they reccomend P excess shock to remove male flowers from hermies.
It looks contradictory, I prefer to add few drops of a dish shampoo. :wave:

Bananas -

i use advanced wet betty i was concerned it might negatively effect the solution but it seems to have no effect. without a surfacant the solution beads up and runs off the leaves and is not absorbed. yeah dish soap does the job if you dont have a foliar spray sticker/spreader.

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dish soap sounds like a plan, thanks jump! With my hawaiian hybrid, I started out not spraying frequently enough, but the last couple of weeks I nearly drowned her with c/s. While I didn't test the ppm, I did run the charger overnight, using .999 silver with distilled h20, so I don't think the strength of the solution was the problem. IMHO some strains are harder to convert than others.

jump, regarding the "primordial seeds", my experience has been that they are always female.

you need to get a ppm meter for controllable results 24 hours is rarely enough for me to get a 40+ ppm reading normally straining and re cooking is needed to get a high ppm solution that has the clear deep brown color which produces results. its just nice to not have to guess when your solution is adequate.

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you need to get a ppm meter for controllable results 24 hours is rarely enough for me to get a 40+ ppm reading normally straining and re cooking is needed to get a high ppm solution that has the clear deep brown color which produces results. its just nice to not have to guess when your solution is adequate.

Thanks BR, I'll do it! In PhenoMenal's thread "Yaay, my first coloidal silver generator, with pictures", Pheno only recommended cooking the solution overnight. Guess I've gotta spring for an EC meter.

jump117

Veteran
Day 46th

Day 46th

Notice fresh pistils on the top :).

I posted the report on The Absolute Amber from Sugar_Kremlin fem seeded buds and from dried sepals.

picture.php

Pursie

hi qs regarding ec meter

hi qs regarding ec meter

I just did my first attempt at making cs, i have a bluelab truncheon meter. Would i be able to use that to check ppm? its got ec and cf measurements on it.
thx